MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less.

Discus and support MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with failed purchases in the MSFS marketplace that neither the steam nor the xbox support recognizes. I bought MSFS on steam... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Roteroktober, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Roteroktober
    Roteroktober Guest

MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less.

Hello,

i have a problem with failed purchases in the MSFS marketplace that neither the steam nor the xbox support recognizes.

I bought MSFS on steam for pc and tried to buy something in the ingame marketplace. For that to work you have to purchase Flight sim credits with your steam wallet. So far so good. But sometimes the transaction fails and you won't receive your money back. So my Question is:

WHERE can i account my flight sim credits? I can't find them in my flight sim, xbox account or in my steam inventory? It seems like my money just vanished?

But what makes me really upset ist that steam tells me to contact microsoft but they tell me they can't identify any purchases at all? Seriously?

Does anyone had a similiar problem and managed to solve it?

Best regards

:)

Roteroktober, Nov 15, 2022
  2. Roteroktober Win User

Don't give up just now. I got my money back after some very long discussions. Here are some links that might help you:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...ut-I-haven-t-received-my-marketplace-purchase

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...4547986-Steam-How-to-send-a-proof-of-purchase

This is as i said very nerve-racking, but it worked for some people. I my case i had to withdraw the money from steam with the help from PayPal. Consider this your very last option, because your steam account will get restricted/deactivated. I can't really recommend that though.

Beside that, i don't think it's the fault by steam all alone. It's a bug by the game itself, because the timeout for pending transactions is to short. Also, it can't be legal, that you buy something in the MSFS store but you don't get any receipt. Your purchases will not be linked to your Xbox account and therefore will not be recognized by Microsoft.

Just don't use the MSFS marketplace ever again and you'll be fine.

Best of luck

[​IMG]
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understand it's a frustrating situation, friend.

But you are using the game through Steam, buying credits through Steam.

Microsoft has no connection with this, nor does it have access to this platform, my friend.

Steam is a separate company from Microsoft, not having any connection, friend.

In your case, only Steam could analyze your situation.

I'm sorry about the situation.
  4. KimG53 Win User

Considering that huge numbers of people will be trying to buy via steam this mess is an apalling disgrace on the part of all parties, money is hard enough to come by as it is without screw ups like this causing unecesary headaches for people, absolutely ridiculous in this day and age.

Both Valve and MS need to up their game. Not that me griping about their incompetence will have any effect of course.
  5. Roteroktober Win User

Hello!
    My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

, I'm sorry about this situation, friend.

Unfortunately, microsoft does not have access to the Steam platform to verify this situation for you.

If the purchase is by microsoft, it will appear in the history:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

See if your order is listed here. Make sure you are using the email that made the purchase (DO NOT send the email here, it is not allowed)
    Open it, and see what is in the Status. If it is completed, or another word

If it does not appear, it may be that the purchase has not been completed, so although the amount has been withdrawn from your account, it will automatically return within a certain time.

But, for microsoft the most you can do will be to confirm by the history I sent you.

Because the game was not purchased by Microsoft, and only Steam will have access to its own platform.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
    Sorry but this doesn't help. It seems, that no purchase is tracked by microsoft when you are running the steam version of MSFS.

The problem is, that you have to buy flight sim credits in order to use the marketplace. For the steam version you'll use the steam wallet to purachse these credits prior to your purchase in the MSFS marketplace. This system is very fragile. The marketplace will cancel the transaction if the transfer from the steam wallet to flight sim credits takes to long. But steam doesn't know the flight sim credits haven't been spend. And the marketplace register the transaction as failed.

Since there is no way to monitor you flight sim credits (when they even exist) you have no evidence that you actually paid for something. You will see it in your bank account though. Ive been in touch both with the steam support and the microsoft support and I may get my money back, but this process is VERY tideous since you get no receipts in the marketplace and steam is only tracking your flight sim credits.

So my lesson learned is: DONT use the MSFS marketplace with the steam version of MSFS in the first place, or as mentioned by the microsoft support: Add funds to your steam wallet 24 hours prior your purchase in the MSFS marketplace.

I dont think this is customer friendly and that there has to be done something to close this money sinkhole.

Best regards
  6. Thelynxpa Win User

You are absolutely correct. I purchased the third party addon Fly Vegas by FlyTampa on the Marketplace through Steam yesterday. The transaction was made by Steam, but failed through Microsoft. I requested a refund from Valve and they refused. What is my recourse with Microsoft?

That's theft.
Thema:

1. MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less. - Similar Threads - MSFS Marketplace steam

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  5. Error code when trying to start MSFS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code when trying to start MSFS: When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error....
  6. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  7. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  8. Can I post a MSFS question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I post a MSFS question: I have purchased a Mustang P51D Man o War some time ago which I flew successfully. The last 2 times I tried to fly it it will not accelerate passed 2500 RPM and the motor stops. I have tried...
  9. Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS: I have two installs of MSFS; one in Steam and one on Xbox Gamepass on my PC. I also have a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS. This HOTAS works great on the Steam install. On the Xbox GP install it has a weird...
  10. No keybinds on MSFS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No keybinds on MSFS?: I try to play MSFS without a controller (kb and mouse) but there are NO keybinds at all. is this a glitch? or do mi have to MANUALLY set EVERY key?? 92e3b6c9-52e4-43ed-a25b-3cbf565290df