MSFS Issues after Computer Update

Discus and support MSFS Issues after Computer Update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am new to MSFS and use X-Plane mostly. I decided to give it a try and have had nothing but frustrations. Most i will not get into. My computer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HampL, Oct 8, 2022.

1. HampL
    HampL Guest

I am new to MSFS and use X-Plane mostly. I decided to give it a try and have had nothing but frustrations. Most i will not get into. My computer received updates this week and when I went to open the app using the shortcut it gave an error and would go nowhere. I went directly to the MSFS folder and tried to open the application and got the same error. It gave me no information of what to do so i decided the best thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall. When I went the MS Store to download and start over it will not do so and says "Something happened on our end." It has 3 things showing in the store that seemed to be trying to install. All show the download has happened 1 says 2.29 of 2.29 GB downloaded and 2 say 1.15 of 1.15 GB downloaded. The things listed are Digital Ownership, MSFS: Standard Edition and MS Flight Simulator but none will install. I'm truly confused by the Xbox, gaming, MSFS connection, but it sure is frustrating. Other than pay $59.00 for another copy I don't know what to try and truly am concerned I would have the same problems. Any suggestions?

Thank You!

FYI I'm about to leave for supper so it will be morning before I can reply.

:)

HampL, Oct 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Hampl

Did you remember the specific error before you tried to reinstall the game?
    If not, the "something happened on our end" message received in the Microsoft store comes with an error code? Or nothing?

If not, may I know if you tried installing the game instead using the Xbox PC app and not the Microsoft store?
    If not, please try using the Xbox app

Let me know how goes there
  3. DanBaas Win User

Need to talk to someone

MSFS will not load after an update
  4. Jack.Joe Win User

MSFS will NOT start

Repeating ...

- uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS okay,

- installing FSUIPC MSFS okay,

- rebooting the PC MSFS no start
    Correction .....

Its not FSUIPC that causes any issue.

After rebooting the PC MSFS does not start.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Issue with MSFS 2020 after mandatory update.

Hi Steve, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command: sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Then, please, repair the XBOX app installation:

Press the Windows Key+X > Select Apps > Search for XBOX > Advanced > Restore

Then, on the same page, press Repair.

Let me know if it works!
  6. Legendsingray61 Win User

MSFS 2020 directs to Gaming Services in Microsoft Store

Ok. That allowed MSFS to start. Now MSFS is giving me a message that a required update is needed and to update from the Microsoft store. But I've run the updates from the store and it says everything is up to date and MSFS doesn't give me an option to trigger a manual update.

So now what?
Thema:

1. MSFS Issues after Computer Update - Similar Threads - MSFS Issues Computer

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  5. Error code when trying to start MSFS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code when trying to start MSFS: When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error....
  6. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  7. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  8. Can I post a MSFS question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I post a MSFS question: I have purchased a Mustang P51D Man o War some time ago which I flew successfully. The last 2 times I tried to fly it it will not accelerate passed 2500 RPM and the motor stops. I have tried...
  9. MSFS update issues what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS update issues what do I do?: I got Microsoft Flight Simulator and when I went to update it, it was at 100% and so I reopened the tab and now the game says I need to do an Update but have zero space....
  10. issue white ball in center of screen msfs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue white ball in center of screen msfs: It is being very difficult to use MSFS v 1.33.8.0. Since the previous version, a white dot is appearing together with white squares on the aircraft screens. The white dot makes the mouse disappear...