MSFS digital and dvd version licenses got mixed up.

Discus and support MSFS digital and dvd version licenses got mixed up. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; MSFS 2020 (Flight Simulator) digital and DVD version licenses got mixed up. They used to work on the same machine until, say, beginning of this year.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hansi the Cat, Dec 31, 2022.

1. MSFS digital and dvd version licenses got mixed up.

MSFS 2020 (Flight Simulator) digital and DVD version licenses got mixed up. They used to work on the same machine until, say, beginning of this year. After a MSFS update these licenses got mixed up and I cannot install the DVD version any longer. Unfortunately the best help MS can do for me is suggesting to post my problem in a forum. All I want is to install the DVD version on a new gaming laptop, perhaps with a new account of mine to avoid confusing MSFS again.

:)

Hansi the Cat, Dec 31, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The code is still on your account, it’s the same as any digital code, you can just re- download the game
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello Hansi, as it is a specific problem of Flight Simulator, the ideal would be to try the support of Flight Simulator itself through the link below.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/re...
  4. ∆cceleratørX Win User

0x800701b1 in Gaming Services UI when launching Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I seem to have fixed my version of this issue whilst checking the Xbox app, on the MSFS page I saw that digital ownership has been uninstalled for some reason, Installed digital ownership and boom, MSFS is launching normally again without having to do the dumb wifi off work around.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

Yes I know how DVDs work, I'm telling you that the Atmos app is likely trans coding to Dolby Digital

DTS is 4db louder, it's a psychoacoustic trick that sounds "clearer". Many of the tracks aren't even the same mix

For example many will tell you the DD 5.1 EX track on Blade 2 is superior to the DTS because they're volume matched and the DD track is the near field remix and has the bass bumped. Top Gun on BD has a new home theater mix on the DTS-MA, and the 70mm analog six track ion the TrueHD. Completely incomparable

The number of discs thst used the full bandwidth 1.5mbps version that may in some cases have been superior is mostly limited to a handful of early Universal DVDs that sacrificed extras for audio. The half bitrate version debuted on Saving Private Ryan. It mostly shows up on Universal and Spielberg titles, as it debuted theatrically around the same time as Jurassic Park, and they got to be friends.
  6. JoePerrone Win User

MSFS 2020 disks will not load

I'll try that.

For now, I got it working by downloading from Xbox site. It loaded about 1.9 gb onto my drive. When I kick off a game, it wants to see a disc in the DVD; I suppose that is because the license I have is tied to a DVD disk version.

But before I did that, I found out that the problem was a hardware issue; my DVD reader was dropping out. So I used a different one, it loaded all disks fine. However, it did not create any sort of launcher/link to kick off a game, and I could not find anything that looked like it would kick off a game. That is when I did the above, ie, a digital install.

This is working fine but I have a few questions

1) Can I remove the disks that I've loaded? If I am in fact using the small amount downloaded for the digital version, and a connection to xbox games, then I believe the 120 gb or so of files aren't being used. As they are on my C drive I'd like to free up that space.

2) If I upgrade to Deluxe can I upgrade to the digital version?
Thema:

1. MSFS digital and dvd version licenses got mixed up. - Similar Threads - MSFS digital dvd

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  5. Error code when trying to start MSFS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code when trying to start MSFS: When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error....
  6. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  7. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  8. MSFS conflict between digital licence and gamepass version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS conflict between digital licence and gamepass version: I was using MSFS with a digital licence bought from Eneba in in 2021. Today, tryng to run the simulator, a popup appears requesting to insert the software CD. In my pc there was a discontinued...
  9. MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download: Hi All. I bought the MSFS2020 super deluxe (high-end) on Steam and use family sharing to enable both me and my son to play on our respective PC's. However, his gaming has moved on to F1 on Steam....
  10. I purchased the digital version version of msfs 2020 several days ago. I am trying to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the digital version version of msfs 2020 several days ago. I am trying to...: I purchased MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft store several days ago. Every time I try to install it I am taken to the XBox Game Pass path. Why? I purchased it outright and don't want game pass....