MSFS crashing on startup

Discus and support MSFS crashing on startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, when I start my MSFS it gets past asking me for safe and normal mode, jumps to a half full loading bar, moves the loading bar by like 1mm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dockerspitcher, Mar 7, 2023.

1. MSFS crashing on startup

Hi everyone, when I start my MSFS it gets past asking me for safe and normal mode, jumps to a half full loading bar, moves the loading bar by like 1mm and then crashes. This happens regardless whether i'm in safe, or normal mode. I've already set the virtual memory to 1.5-3x of my RAM, my Windows is up to date and my drivers are up-to-date. My specs are as follow:

Intel i9-9900k

Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER

32GB Corsair vengeance 3000 MHz

2TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2

I also have about 150 sceneries and 20 airplanes installed

Anyone out there that can help?

:)

Dockerspitcher, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. everett koif Win User

None of these solutions worked. Also because of this I couldn't get to the part where you actually install the game.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Did you give it permission to access your account when you started it?
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Everett K, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Microsoft Flight Simulator after installing it via the Xbox app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the crashing issue:

1. Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer (Nvidia) and download the latest drivers for your GTX 1650. Install the drivers and restart your computer. Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause crashes in games.

2. Right-click on the MSFS icon or shortcut and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This can help ensure that the game has the necessary permissions to run properly.

3. Some background applications or processes may interfere with MSFS. Try closing unnecessary applications and disabling any overlay software (such as Discord overlay, MSI Afterburner, or GeForce Experience overlay) before launching the game.

4. Certain software, such as antivirus programs or system optimization tools, can interfere with game performance. Temporarily disable or add exceptions for MSFS in your antivirus software, and consider disabling any system optimization or performance-enhancing tools.

5. If you installed MSFS via the Xbox app, there should be an option to verify the game files within the app. Go to your library or the MSFS page in the Xbox app, and look for an option to verify or repair the installation. This will check for any corrupted or missing files and attempt to fix them.

6. If the crashing persists, try lowering the graphics settings within the game. Lowering settings like the resolution, texture quality, and graphics presets can reduce the strain on your system and potentially improve stability.

7. Perform a clean boot of your system to rule out any conflicts caused by third-party software. Instructions for performing a clean boot can be found on the Microsoft support website.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  6. Tomgtomgoulden Win User

Download loop issues Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

We cannot down load MSFS it keeps crashing!!!
Thema:

MSFS crashing on startup

1. MSFS crashing on startup - Similar Threads - MSFS crashing startup

2. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  3. My MSFS Crashes when i plug an Xbox controller in it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My MSFS Crashes when i plug an Xbox controller in it: I have played msfs form 2021 to now and only just when i went to start it it crashed then i unplug my Power A Xbox Wired Controller then the game boots this controller works on my Xbox one...
  4. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes on startup: Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right...
  5. msfs OPNIEUW INSTALLEREN OP DEZELFDE COMPUTER na crash

in XBoX on Windows
    msfs OPNIEUW INSTALLEREN OP DEZELFDE COMPUTER na crash: Hello, I bought MSFS standard and therefore have the 10 CD. Now I want to uninstall MSFS and reinstall it. Do I first have to install the 10 CD again and then update it from the Windows store, or...
  6. Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start MSFS, crashes right after “press any button”: I’ve re-installed the game, I’ve reset the Xbox, I change screen settings to 1080p. I don’t know what else to do. af6b57a9-0679-4870-8973-fc62bf4b5d29
  7. MSFS Crashing on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS Crashing on Xbox: Issues in order of importance: 1) MSFS crashes constantly. 2) Instrument panel dead on A320neo (default). 3) Inability to do long haul flights as controller times out after about 10 mntues....
  8. MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 CRASH WHEN START: Hy I have a big problem with the game. It starts to load, arrives at the screen in which appear a choise between normal o safe mode. In each choise the computer goes to CTD. The game is installed...
  9. MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes when updating on PC: Hello! I have MSFS2020 on PC(Microsoft Store) and when I am entering game, game shows updating menu and crashes without any error. What can I do? 51e2a1e0-82bd-43aa-83be-9817176cda5f
  10. MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crash to desktop on loading screen everytime: This is a new bug after the most recent major update. Prior to this update i experience no issues at all, but now it's literally unplayable. The game crashes to desktop when the loading screen is...