MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download

Discus and support MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All. I bought the MSFS2020 super deluxe (high-end) on Steam and use family sharing to enable both me and my son to play on our respective PC's.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Court, May 29, 2023.

1. David Court
    David Court Guest

Hi All. I bought the MSFS2020 super deluxe (high-end) on Steam and use family sharing to enable both me and my son to play on our respective PC's. However, his gaming has moved on to F1 on Steam. I'm unable to access MSFS while he plays constantly on the F1 game. Can I buy a standard version of MSFS for my unit, Would there be any conflict from the Steam community folder gane or add-ons? Do I need to remove any files? I appreciate that Steam purchases will not be available but just want to know if the two games will run while both installed . I really appreciate any help you can provide.

:)

David Court, May 29, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you cannot play with your son on MSFS 2020 when the game moved to F1 on steam. As per description, you want to know if you can buy a standard version of the game MSFS 2020 for your PC and if there's no conflict from the Steam community folder game or add-ons.

To answer your question, yes, you can buy the standard version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and run it alongside F1 game on Steam. There should be no conflict from the Steam community folder game or add-ons. You do not need to remove any files. However, Steam purchases will not be available, but you can purchase the edition you are interested in from the in-game Marketplace.

You may check these links for more information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi David Court,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Poetic Phoenix 3 Win User

moving away from steam

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good night

First you need to uninstall the game through steam, and then install it from the microsoft store.

If you have already made the purchase through the microsoft store, confirm here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
    I tried the following

Here are the steps I followed

1. Remove MSFS 2020 from steam

2. Delete the steam account on the steam web page

3. Uninstall steam on my PC

4. Go to MSFS store and buy MSFS 2020

5. Install MSFS 2020

6. Launch by double clicking the application.

-- When I did this I got an error about this gamertag already connected to some other or something like that. ---

Did I miss something?
  5. MaxiDoom Win User

Latest mandatory update for flight simulator 2020 not showing up or downloading in microsoft store.

I can also confirm this worked for me on PC. I downloaded the XBOX app via the store.

Then, in store, clicked the three dots.

Then "downloads and updates" and sure enough there was an update for MSFS 2020 1.19.9.0. This was 507.0MB.

I then started MSFS 2020 which went to its own install manager and showed me the "Standard Content" mandatory update which was 108.12MB. The total download, however, was 3.19GB.

I then downloaded all available updates in content manager.

Once all this was complete I quit to desktop and restarted MSFS 2020 without issue.

I think it's VERY strange to need to install the XBOX app for any updates to show in the PC's Microsoft store!!
  6. Ludwineund Ralf Maed Win User

Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything

Hello John,

I own the Steam version of MSFS2020 Deluxe Premium. With Steam, in the case of MSFS, we download the installer of not more than 1GB. This applies to a new installation of the game as well when MSFS has mandatory updates. After downloading the small installer with Steam, it launches and we are confronted with the Installation Manager of MSFS2020. At this point Steam is not handling any more concerning the download service.

This is the moment where the issue arises: instructing MSFS to download the update or new installation leads to the display of the installation manager of the first package but never achieves to download anything. It states all the time 0 Mbits/s. I repeat, Steam is not managing anything at this point.

When you mention that none of my favorite three reasons are plausable, I don't see how the game could be causing the issue on my system but not on any other system of other users as well!?

I am stuck here with no viable option to troubleshoot anything more, unless you have a brilliant idea that hasn't been suggested yet.

Ralf Maeder
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 games

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. MSFS 2020 Game, Now It`s Stuck on "checking for updates" windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Game, Now It`s Stuck on "checking for updates" windows 10: Windows 10 PC Hello My MSFS 2020 Game is not launching and up to now I have had 3 error alerts 01-Error code:(0x8007042b) 02-Error code:(0xc0000005) 03-Error code:(0x800705b4 So I...
  6. Having spent hundreds of pounds on MSFS 2020 products and supported the game from day one,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having spent hundreds of pounds on MSFS 2020 products and supported the game from day one,...: I'm going round and round in circles trying to get access to the very expensive products that I have purchased from Microsoft. Back in 2020, on the very first day of its launch, I purchased the...
  7. MSFS 2020 + Microsoft Game service loop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 + Microsoft Game service loop: Hi all, For three weeks now I have an issue with my MSFS2020. At first, I could not start it so I decided to remove it. But now, when I try reinstall it from my Xbox game center I always get a...
  8. MSFS 2020. I had to reinstall the complete game (DVD) then do a 105 GB update. Now locked...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020. I had to reinstall the complete game (DVD) then do a 105 GB update. Now locked...: Had to reinstall due to problem with 40 gb update. Had a computer freeze. Had to reboot. Updated on 9/5/2021. 105 GB after reinstall of DVDs. Worked ok for 3 days. Did freeze twice. Now when I...
  9. game pass an microsoft store version of msfs 2020

in XBoX on Windows
    game pass an microsoft store version of msfs 2020: I have game pass version of msfs 2020 (' standrd version ) installed ; then I bought through MS store the premium deluxe version . Within the game the Premium deluxe version appears as "aquired" ,...
  10. MSFS 2020 and Xbox Game Pass for PC and VR Support

in XBoX on Windows
    MSFS 2020 and Xbox Game Pass for PC and VR Support: Hi there, I was looking to get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 for my PC but noticed that Xbox Game Pass for PC has it as well as a few other games I'm interested in. Only problem is that it only...