MSFS 2020 has a problem at one of it's airports...

Discus and support MSFS 2020 has a problem at one of it's airports... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I found this at Mc Carren International Airport in Las Vegas. Definitely ruined an otherwise perfect flight. [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nick Nelson2, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Nick Nelson2
    Nick Nelson2 Guest

I found this at Mc Carren International Airport in Las Vegas. Definitely ruined an otherwise perfect flight.

MSFS 2020 has a problem at one of it's airports... [​IMG]

:)

Nick Nelson2, Dec 28, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

3. JohnnyCG Win User

While starting, MSFS2020 orders Game Disk although digital ownership version

Dear Glenn
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

In the meantime, I was able to resolve the problems by myself. I found two root causes, both on my side:
    1. Teredo Server connection was instable -> repaired

2. Add-ons:
    As a very big freak of MSFS (using it since 1995), I downloaded about 1'400 add-ons from various sources for MSFS 2020 so far. To select the third-party cities, airfields/airports in the area I want to fly in, I use an add-on management tool, this prior to launching MSFS. This to avoid very long loading time. This procedure shows high effectiveness and efficiency.

Now, it came to my mind to try the same with add-ons downloaded from MarketPlace inside the game and moved respective folders/files from it's C:\Users\...\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore folder to another place on D:\

When starting MSFS 2020 for the first time after this it worked properly, showing respective add-ons in ContentManager as not-installed via MSFS but installed via add-on management tool.

But trying to launch MSFS 2020 for the next time, the failure as described in my first post occured.

Since moving all these folders back to it's official place ...\OneStore, the MSFS 2020 is running again great as expected and always experienced!!!

Therefore, there is no need to loose more time on my above described problems, they are resolved.

But please let me ask this additional question:

Is it possible to easily activate or deactivate add-ons downloaded and installed from MarketPlace depending on where you want to fly, this prior to launch the sim?
    And if yes, how to do this?

Thank you very much for your time and engagement

Best regards

Johnny
  4. BjörnKleist Win User

Start of MSFS

My problems was solved with the last update to MSFS 2020.

Best regards

Bjorn
  5. sb70520 Win User

MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.

Hi again Kathy,

Although I am away from my desk, I can still add the following info for you:

1/ I'm using a PC/Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and NOT AN XBOX.

2/ This problem has never occurred before and I use the PC solely for MSFS 2020

3/ There are no anti-virus programs used

4/ The problem begins actually when I go into MSFS WORLD MAP. The Earth is rotating

all over the place, and when I enter DEPARTURE ICAO, eg EGKK for Gatwick airport, the

runways no longer appear, nor the departure gates, but somewhere in the Atlantic! The

fact that the earth is spinning fast in World Map probably affects the cockpit view, and

the spinning inside/outside the aircraft.

Regards Steve
  6. IT SqualoBlu Win User

MSFS 2020 - Cannot synchronize your data with the cloud PC - Alias Changed from third party domain to Outlook.

Thank you so much for sharing the solution to this problem. I was in your same situation and got the same issue with MSFS 2020. Now it's ok.
Thema:

1. MSFS 2020 has a problem at one of it's airports... - Similar Threads - MSFS 2020 has

2. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  3. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  4. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  5. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?: My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the...
  6. MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 stuck forever in loading screen: I have installed MSFS 2020 in an external hard drive (D:), Packages have downloaded and installed. When I start the game via the xbox or shop app, a screen asking packages path appears (always...
  7. MSFS 2020 crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 crashes on startup: Hello guys, I got MSFS with game pass via Xbox app and when I installed it and opened it, it just crashed. First, it shows the game logo and has "starting game" with a timer on the bottom right...
  8. compatibility MSFS 2020

in XBoX on Consoles
    compatibility MSFS 2020: 1. Will Lenovo Yoga 9i be able to run MSFS 2020? I am very curios as I have this laptop however I am not sure about the graphic card. 2. If not will this gaming laptop be sufficient to run it?...
  9. "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Impossible to connect to Xbox Live (error 0x8004005)" in MSFS 2020: Last week , Thursday afternoon , i used FS2020 to make setting of the hardware modules of my future cockpit with Spad.next , no issues at all Friday morning , i wanted to continue the job, but...
  10. New updates for MSFS 2020 has blocked me from opening FS and is sending me to the MS sotre...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New updates for MSFS 2020 has blocked me from opening FS and is sending me to the MS sotre...: On the last update to MSFS 2020 I have been blocked from being able to get inside of the software to update. Once the first screens open and the next page which normally allows the system to fully...