MSBILL.INFO.WA is heaven for Credit Card Fraud.

Discus and support MSBILL.INFO.WA is heaven for Credit Card Fraud. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I don't have any subscription from any MS Store or Product. My brand new Credit Card was charged by MS even before the card got activated in May 2022... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SamE3, Jun 30, 2022.

1. SamE3
    SamE3 Guest

I don't have any subscription from any MS Store or Product.
    My brand new Credit Card was charged by MS even before the card got activated in May 2022 over $700.
    Called the MS help, but they can't do anything since I don't have any account with them at all.

:)

SamE3, Jun 30, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

If your brand new credit card was charged before it even got activated, then your issue is with your credit card company,

I’m sorry but none of us can look at your account, if you had one, and we have no access to anything to do with money. You will have to deal with customer support at Xbox and your credit card company. These are the only people with access to financial transactions.

My recommendation would be to call back and ask for a supervisor who would have more advanced training in handling situations that don’t fit the norm
  3. ThePouchBear Win User

No refund received after two and a half months.

If it was on a credit card, report it as fraud
  4. Menkey Win User

Credit card fraud

Just got my credit card statement through and noticed the same charges as everyone else. I'm not sure if I should be reassured that I'm not the only one who's been affected, or worried that nearly two weeks after what was clearly an organized and widespread
    case of fraud there's been no statement from Microsoft advising people to check for unusual activity.

Has anyone actually received any information about what action is being taken? I'd quite like my account restored to the way it was before. As grateful as I am for the three FIFA 2012 achievements, I think I'd rather they disappeared. Oh, and I suppose getting
    my money back is important too. Possibly even more important, unless I find a way to survive without purchasing food.

If only I could spend microsoft points on groceries.
  5. VernierSlake Win User

Credit card fraud

If remembering passwords is a problem it's worth looking into the concept of root word based passwords. The idea behind it is you have a common word that's in all your passwords and then combine it with a unique word for each site. For example -

1. I choose my root word as Slake and then change some of the letters to numbers to get Sl8k3

2. For my XBL account I take Sl8k3 and combine it with the word Limbo (yes that's a reference to the book) so I get Sl8k3Limbo.

3. I then change some of the letters in Limbo to numbers to get L1mb0.

4. My password is then Sl8k3L1mb0.

5. I then repeat the process with other sites, continuing to use Sl8k3 as a common thread but combining it with unique words for each site.

Impossible for a hacker to guess or social engineer out of you and bruteforcing it will take years. All you need is a word that can't be linked to you personally and to jumble it up with a few numbers. Before anyone asks Sl8k3L1mb0 isn't my password anywhere,
    I'm not that stupid.
  6. strigoi1958 Win User

Credit card fraud

@Temhotabot. I'm not blaming anyone for my account theft, and although your example of how most accounts probably get compromised and how to protect them are wise words... they do not show all the ways.

That said the victims (especially those who own xboxes) suffer badly. Safeguards set in place to prevent accidental purchases (I've read someones child or sibling have bought DLC using the account without permission) and unauthorised purchases can AND should
    be brought in. If I ran my own company I would feel it my duty of care to the customer to protect their details in any way I could. If adding a small safeguard to stop account theft being rendered virtually pointless, I'd do it. Xbox victims do lose a lot
    of time and a safeguard would end that, they could just change their password and be playing again immediately.

If I owned a company I wouldn't want to put up a big warning saying "The only protection this account has is a password and regardless of how that is bypassed, once it is compromised no safeguards exist. You are responsible for deciding whether or not you
    want to keep your payment details here".

I'd probably hide them away in the small print but a simple safeguard would be the best option.

If renewals, and only renewals could be done without verification both sides can be happy as nobody can purchase anything once in the account and MS can still continue auto renewal without need of the account owner having to log in.
Thema:

1. MSBILL.INFO.WA is heaven for Credit Card Fraud. - Similar Threads - MSBILL INFO heaven

2. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  3. Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card.: I am trying to add a card as a new payment method on my Microsoft account, but it doesn’t work. It marks the name in red and displays ”Check the info you entered. It doesn’t match the info for...
  4. How to read "File Info" for a game

in XboX Insiders
    How to read "File Info" for a game: Hello everyone, Sorry if this isn't allowed here or if this is common knowledge but I'm Inquiring as to if anyone knows how to or has a link to a document explaining exactly what the information...
  5. MSBill

in XBoX on Windows
    MSBill: I received a confirmed payment of $14.99 from MSbill. I checked my account and saw nothing. Why is it charging on my card? How do I stop it? ac7384a3-5756-4409-aa38-88b085f055ed
  6. msbill info

in XBoX Games and Apps
    msbill info: I would like to know what exceeded pin trans fee nnt microsoft msbill.info means 667106d0-619d-4231-81a1-433ab77ead7e
  7. Microsoft*store msbill purchase is not showing up in Xbox, where has this money gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft*store msbill purchase is not showing up in Xbox, where has this money gone?: I purchased 5000 Vbucks for my son on my laptop, the transaction came out of my bank account as Microsoft*store purchase but the Vbucks never went to my sons account. He then purchased 5000 more...
  8. Microsoft Ultimate 1 Month MSBill

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate 1 Month MSBill: I was charged $17.84 this month for the above charge. No one in our family ordered it. How do I investigate this?! 7e741dc8-9c0b-4293-b646-acd87238bae1
  9. recurring console 3 mo msbill

in XBoX on Consoles
    recurring console 3 mo msbill: i just want a real agent to contact me and get this resolved. I have spent the last hour and a half on the phone trying to get a hold of a real person. I am old and i want to talk to someone....
  10. Msbill reccuring billing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Msbill reccuring billing: Recently bought a game now im gettin messages saying recurring payment authorized 64$ next month, going to have to dispute it thanks to this [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]. Running a billion...