Ms wireless headset no audio skip ahead

Discus and support Ms wireless headset no audio skip ahead in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha Skip Ring -started today Headphones connect, there is startup sound. No audio from Xbox on any app. Tried hard reboot. Tried pairing. Tried... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheCapybaraIncident, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Ms wireless headset no audio skip ahead

Alpha Skip Ring -started today

Headphones connect, there is startup sound. No audio from Xbox on any app. Tried hard reboot. Tried pairing. Tried changing audio format. Nothing. Audio controls show volume slider moving on xbox. Can't connect with hardwire since they only have USB c. Other hardwire phones work fine.

submitted by /u/TheCapybaraIncident
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheCapybaraIncident, Feb 4, 2023
  2. mc365 Win User

High end headset

I don't think you understand how your headset works. The chat audio dose not pair or otherwise utilize the optical cable. All 360 chat is wireless or USB that's why you have to plug it into the game pad or use the MS headset that looks like a mobile phone
    bluetooth. It communicates to the xbox the same way the wireless controllers do. It is MS's wireless protocol, the manufacturer of the Trittons has an exclusive deal with MS and they have been given the proprietary specs and frequency that MS uses for chat.
    Whether or not the base station wirelessly relays the chat audio or the headset directly receives it is moot. The only way it will work is if MS is using the same frequency and pairing which would mean the MS wireless headsets would also work, or MS gives
    them the frequency specs and the headset hardware can be firmware adjusted/upgraded to it. Unfortunately I don't think the former is the case and the latter can't happen as there is no USB/Serial interface on the Trittons.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

PC wireless adaptor audio control

Thank you! Is it possible that your Xbox Wireless Headset displays as more than one audio device in your audio device list? (ex: Wireless Headset Stereo, Wireless Headset - Hands Free AG)
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]If the cable imput is only for audio then there would be absolutely no way for the mic to work on the headset to begin with.[/quote]The physical boom mic, or the chat audio?

This question/conversation is not about the physical boom mic, it's about the chat audio.
    That said, there's no reason that the headset should work but not the mic, except maybe the protocols.
    It's the wireless
    protocol that won't work.

See
    this wireless headset
    ? The only thing this wireless headset does is handle chat conversations between other Xbox Live members. You don't get regular game audio through it. To function, the wireless headset pairs with the 360 console and runs over the same
    wireless protocol as 360 controllers. Tritton integrated the functionality of that wireless headset into their own. The Warhead's base station has a pairing button, just like the wireless headset. The base station takes care of mixing the chat audio and the
    game audio, but without that pairing to the 360 there's no way to get chat audio into the base station.

Microsoft explicitly stated that the wireless protocol between the Xbox One and its accessories is different than the protocol used by 360 accessories. Because the wireless headset uses these same protocols, it won't work on the Xbox One. By extension, the
    wireless pairing that the Warhead does with the 360 console won't work with the Xbox One console.

The Tritton Warhead is a headset designed for use only with the Xbox 360. Without a 360 console, it becomes a regular set of headphones, rendering the boom mic useless. If all you want to do is listen to game audio, that's not a dealbreaker.
    If you want to talk to other gamers in realtime, you're looking at buying a new headset.

Astro? Turtle Beach? Their wireless headsets will work with the Xbox One, including their mics, because they all currently plug into the 360 controller for chat audio. The controller handles the wireless link to the 360 for the chat audio, but from the audio
    port on the controller to the headset is all bog standard 2.5mm headset territory. MS is working on an adapter to allow older 360-compatible headset cables to attach to the new Xbox One controller, again allowing headsets to piggyback on the controller for
    chat audio. The Warhead? Out of luck. No cable, no piggyback.

It's this tight coupling to the 360's wireless protocol for chat audio that caused me to ignore the Warhead's development and shipment to market. As soon as I saw that it was bound to the 360, I said this is going to end badly for a $300 headset. My Astro
    A40s with a Mixamp 5.8? My friend's Astro A50s? They'll both be fully functional with the Xbox One.
  5. spec24 Win User

smartglass wp7.5 7.8

That's Smartglass, buddy. Isn't it fantastic? Wow. I can pause videos a skip ahead. Not fast forward, not rewind, but just skip ahead. Wow MS, I think Nintendo has little to worry about. MS has a long way to go before this thing is useful... thus far it's
    useless.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

GAME SOUND

Hello again Arsenal,

I see there is a few different "Stinger" headsets in their lineup, are these wired, wireless? When you are using them are you always able to hear your friends through party chats it's just the game audio that is not there? When you do plug in a wireless
    gaming headset you should see the audio tab appear, If you are using a wireless headset they will for the most part have some volume control on the headset or the adapter.

Take a look at the following to make sure you are setting this up correctly, I know it's pretty straight forward but let's go ahead and confirm.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Ms wireless headset no audio skip ahead

1. Ms wireless headset no audio skip ahead - Similar Threads - wireless headset audio

2. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly: Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the...
  4. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  5. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  6. When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled

in XBoX on Windows
    When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled: I just upgraded headphones from razer krakens to the new xbox wireless headset. When i use the xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets all muffled when i join a lobby with my friends or even...
  7. Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning: Hello and thank you for fielding this question in advance. I have had my wireless headset for 4 years now and has not given me any issue previously. However, recently I have had issues with...
  8. audio mixing on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio mixing on xbox wireless headset: I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not work on PC?...
  9. Xbox wireless headset no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset no game audio: I've purchased the Microsoft xbox wireless headset, for use with series x console. Paired with the console just fine, but not getting any game audio The microphone works OK, no problems there...
  10. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stuck on game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stuck on game audio: About 2 days ago, my headset chat mixer all of a sudden got hard stuck at game audio chat. So now when I go into parties I can’t hear people but they can hear me due to my headset chat mixer being...