MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn...

Discus and support MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am asking for community help, because I have exhausted all Microsoft resources. I have spent hours on the phone, two separate days, and the last time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BAT N ATL, Dec 3, 2021.

1. BAT N ATL
    BAT N ATL Guest

MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn...

I am asking for community help, because I have exhausted all Microsoft resources. I have spent hours on the phone, two separate days, and the last time I was on the phone I went through five divisions of Xbox support. Here is my issue, which I will explain with a simple question - If you ordered a custom Xbox controller and the face plate were cracked, should or should Microsoft not be legally required to replace your custom Xbox controller? Exactly! They “should”, but because of their fine print for custom controllers, they will not replace this controller under any circumstances. I ordered a custom controller for my girlfriend as a Christmas gift. The custom controller I received has a burn mark; a literally melted area that is black in color, on one of the triggers. No one in Microsoft will help. They have tried, but no one seems to be able to override the fine print that basically says that no matter what shape a “custom” ordered controller is in, even if it is broken in half, they will not accept a return, exchange or refund. It isn’t an option in the order history, and no one will do what is right and get a replacement sent to me. They sent me an email to get it refunded, but this simply leads me to an area saying the controller is non refundable because it is custom. No matter that Microsoft sent an item that is physically flawed - they will not honor a replacement or any form of compensation. I was to wait up to 72 hours to hear back from them after I filled out a form for a refund. They simply sent me another email that sends me to another link. That link sends me to yet another link that sends me to my order history to look and see if my item is even refundable. That simple - non refundable or exchangeable. No one actually handled the situation any further than to send me a link that tells me to look at my order history to see if my item is refundable. Of course, the item is not refundable. Any other controller is refundable, but mine is not, because I custom ordered one. So, since I custom ordered a controller, I do not get honored with any sort of return policy that a “non-custom controller“ would receive. That makes absolutely no sense, of course. So, I have an item that is physically flawed. This, of course, is not my fault, and certainly not the fault of the person who is to receive this item as a gift. I paid nearly $80 for a custom controller, and it came in with a flaw, a burned/melted area on the trigger. I should have every legal right to have this controller replaced or refunded. Do you have any ideas of how I should go about this? I know this message is a lot to handle. This has been a quite extensive course of phone calls and emails and refusal for Microsoft to replace a flawed item that I paid good money for. Do you have any suggestions?

:)

BAT N ATL, Dec 3, 2021
  2. BAT N ATL Win User

MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn mark/melted area on one of the triggers. Help?

Thank you for your reply. That really stinks. It shouldn’t be legal. I’m sure it is illegal, in fact, but I suppose not enough people have complained about it. If someone custom orders a vehicle and it comes in with trash in the paint, it is the dealerships responsibility to correct that issue. Can you imagine going to a dealership, ordering a vehicle and paying additional money to have it painted in a specific color, it comes in with a scratch on the bumper and the dealership refuses to fix the issue even if you offered to pay for it? I see no reason that Microsoft should not be under the same liability to resolve any issue in any product that they ship. Especially ones that are purposefully built for aesthetic perfection.

I know it will not help, but I am definitely reporting Microsoft to the BBB for this. It would definitely not be something that the BBB would find acceptable, and if they had enough cases Microsoft would be forced to be honorable about these situations.

I’m sorry you had to deal with the same situation. I was going to order myself a custom controller at the beginning of next year (the one I ordered is for my girlfriend), but now I am concerned of what I will receive in the mail. I am a major perfectionist. Details are very important. Flaws in any aspect get under my skin when it comes to something I pay for. I don’t mind something eventually getting scratched, worn out or even eventually broken, but I want to be the one who wore out the product. I do not like paying money for a brand new product that already has a problem to any varying degree.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn mark/melted area on one of the triggers. Help?

Hi there Bat welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, I had a similar problem with my controller, at least I got a conclusive answer, they do not replace controllers due to cosmetic issues, a bummer I know, but, that's the answer I got, my controller was delivered with a shade of weird colors different from the ones I have chosen.
  4. ngocphi Win User

They don't typically replace things for cosmetic issues

It would have to be a serious fault

Cosmetic isn't a fault for warranty

And you are going thru the wrong proccess

It's not a warranty issue because it's a cosmetic issue

If you want a refund you must go thru the ms store policy not xbox support

If they deny you you have to reply to the email but again as mentioned you are at the mercy of the policy

Cosmetic isn't a valid claim because for all they know you could've done it
  5. BAT N ATL Win User

I also offered to pay them more money to replace the triggers. So, this is not about them not realizing that they did in fact ship something with an aesthetic flaw. They will not even fix the issue if I pay them more money to fix the issue. Something must be able to be done about this.

This product is custom designed via the customer’s aesthetic desire. It is to be exactly as ordered, for every part to be represented as the pictures represent them, or the item should not be shipped. A custom order is a very specific order where aesthetics are the highest reason of the money spent. Being shipped with an aesthetic flaw is the highest reason that I custom item would be desired to be returned.

They can see that the item has never been online, and they can see in their records that I called immediately after receiving it. There is no possibility to assume that this issue were fault of the consumer, But assuming that it could possibly be my fault is not even the case. They simply will not even honor fixing this issue if I pay them.
  6. AxelF78 Win User

Controller doesn't work correctly in Dashboard

No fixes. Had to buy new controller. MS refused to replace.
Thema:

1. MS is refusing to replace a controller I ordered, which was received with a black burn... - Similar Threads - refusing replace controller

2. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode: I have spent 2 weeks waiting for a replacement hdd for my xbox one x that has about 20 hours of play on it...... The problems started with having troubles saving my game progress and was telling...
  5. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  6. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  7. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  8. What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...: What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline update? ec197dba-d87a-4560-9b2f-b7939095be0c
  9. Xbox 360 refusing to power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 refusing to power on: Hoping my xbox hasn't died, but I'm reasonably sure it has. Yesterday, I was playing a game for a couple of hours and the 360 powered off and wouldn't immediately turn back on. The power button...
  10. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...