MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game!

Discus and support MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This has now happened twice to me in a month, middle of a game and just just get booted to an update screen that forces me to update, or sets me... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/philcruicks, Aug 22, 2020.

1. MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game!

This has now happened twice to me in a month, middle of a game and just just get booted to an update screen that forces me to update, or sets me offline, either way booting me out of my online game.

Before anyone asks Auto-updates are switch on and Xbox is in instant-on mode, so it should be doing these when the Xbox is off/I'm not playing.

Get it together please MS.

submitted by /u/philcruicks
    [link] [comments]

/u/philcruicks, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Forced update mid game!!?

Hi,

The type of update you experienced was a Mandatory update where you are forced to do the update at that time. I know this won't help from before, but going forward you can set your Xbox automatically update each night using the instructions here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
    ) or listed below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.
    4. Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.

After that is done make sure your Xbox is set to Instant-On mode so that it can search for updates while off here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes ):

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.

Hope this works out for you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Hi there!

If you are seeing multiple updates like this we would assume you are part of the Insider Preview program possibly in the Alpha or Beta ring.

If this is the case, then frequent updates are a part of being in that program.

The Insider program is there to let you test beta programs for the console and provide feedback to the team that is working on the OS.

This program is not designed for casual use of the console.

If you do not enjoy the experience of the program and do not want to partake in the testing that it involves we recommend removing the app from your console and

Factory resetting.

This will remove you from the program and allow you to go back to the standard scheduled updated process that casual gamers take part in.

Alternately if you do want to continue to be part of the debug and testing process you could set one console as your test console and then leave a second console as your standard gaming console.

We understand that may not be plausible for all Gamers but there is no way to avoid the update process in the program as it is part of the stress testing process.

We do hope this sheds a little light on the program and what is expected when being a part of it.

We also encourage you to post in the
    Insider forums
    with any feedback you have for the program so that their team can take it into consideration!
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Unplugging Xbox One deletes Updating games/Apps

If an update is stopped mid point, it will remove the game/app. This is by design to stop corrupted files.
  6. Seanie1200 Win User

New Home Screen on Xbox Change

And the Insider programme have been telling MS how terrible it is for months and yet they still went ahead. The reddit link you posted is also slating the update, as is every other xbox forum. The MS line is that this came from positive community feedback and not because MS execs told the devs they had to force Gamepass into everything even though all community feedback has been negative.
Thema:

MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game!

1. MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game! - Similar Threads - hard right stop

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard

in XboX Insiders
    Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard: The name change of the Xbox Live Gold subscription just makes it hard to differentiate Xbox Game Pass and (the old) Xbox live. it made me mess up and lose my money on it submitted by...
  4. Install options wont let me choose the right hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install options wont let me choose the right hard drive: I have a PC where I have a small SSD labeled (C) that is mostly school applications and I have a large hard drive labeled (D) where all of my games are stored. Each time I try to install a game...
  5. The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?: I mean the xbox series x games can't run games on the external hard drive anymore.The xbox series x games,Cyberpunk 2077 fortnite halo infinite assassin's creed valhalla are this xbox series x...
  6. External hard drive not reading right

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not reading right: Last night I started having issues with my two terabyte seagate hard drive. It shows memory is used up on the drive but I can't get the game data to show up. And none of my games saved to it will...
  7. ALL MY DIGITAL GAMES AND HARD EARNED MONEY, gone?!?!? This is not right!

in XBoX on Consoles
    ALL MY DIGITAL GAMES AND HARD EARNED MONEY, gone?!?!? This is not right!: so I try sign in to my account and then boom, it says I'm permo banned!! The gamer tag is QwazyM8, I do not know what for!, as I only talk to people how they talk to me, ive just recently bought...
  8. Seagate 2TB external hard drive not working right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2TB external hard drive not working right: So I've had my Xbox One since day 1 with no issues. About a year ago I bought the Seagate 2TB HDD to support my growing game collection. This week I am house/dog-sitting for a family member, and...
  9. Hard Drive is now USB Storage Device (NEED MAJOR HELP RIGHT NOW)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Drive is now USB Storage Device (NEED MAJOR HELP RIGHT NOW): Okay, so I bought a brand new Hard Drive for my Xbox 360, a 500GB one, that was unused by anyone else. Was trying to transfer stuff out of my old hard drive into it, so I inserted the device...
  10. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH

in XBoX on Consoles
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH: What is wrong with this patch it's awful, is there any way to fix this now or am I s crewed? External hard drive that I watch all my movies and shows on is not working/being detected on my Xbox...