MS Flight simulator on XBox cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time

Discus and support MS Flight simulator on XBox cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Never had a problem with MSFS using cloud gaming previously, now every time I start it, either on the XBox One OR the PC App (using cloud gaming) I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AndyKay6, Oct 4, 2022.

1. AndyKay6
    AndyKay6 Guest

MS Flight simulator on XBox cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time

Never had a problem with MSFS using cloud gaming previously, now every time I start it, either on the XBox One OR the PC App (using cloud gaming) I am prompted to download a mandatory update of 1.55 GIB. When I download this, it then deletes everything in my profile and I have to reinstall all aircraft and scenery I have previously installed - only for the exact same thing to happen the next time I start the game on Cloud Gaming Game Pass. Same thing EVERY TIME. This seems to have happened following the latest update (SU10) to the game. Additionally when I install this update it only logs a small file size, not the 1.55GIB. This has basically rendered the game unplayable.

MS Flight simulator on XBox  cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time [​IMG]

MS Flight simulator on XBox  cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time [​IMG]

:)

AndyKay6, Oct 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ANDYKAY6

This can be a bit odd but can you try using a different wifi network to see if that helps?

Or use a different DNS address for your current wifi network:
    Xbox: go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    (If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)

Windows: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-....

If that doesn't work, may I know if you tried power cycling your Xbox console and repairing / resetting the xbox app in your windows PC?

XBOX: 1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

PC: Sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

If you already tried that, tell me what else did you tried. In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update
    And I'm glad to know that everything's working again Andy!

For now, take care and happy gaming.
    Don't hesitate to create a new thread when you need help!
  4. AndyKay6 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the XBox app on my PC and then made sure all updates for Windows were installed. Then I went and reinstalled the items from the Content Manager one at a time. First I did the aircraft all together and then logged out of Flight sim and went back in and added the scenery updates one at a time, logging out and back in again after each update. After all that the game is starting in the cloud gaming version with no problems. Thanks again.
  5. trithai1 Win User

Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything

i have exactly the same problem, trying to download even the Standard mandatory update, more than 5 times from steam games, and finally this is the message: YOUR LAST SESSION OF MICROSFOT FLIGHT SIMULATOR ENDED UNEXPECTEDLY, THIS MAY BE DUE TO INSTALLED 3RD PARTY CONTENT..........

I AM CRYING, I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, WITH LATEST PC RTS 3090 TOP OF THE LINE PC 2 MONTHS OLD, STILL CAN'T INSALL MICROFOT FLIGHT SIMULATOR
  6. Francia J. Win User

When will Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One be compatible with Xcloud?

Hi Dave, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As of the moment, there is no information yet or when or if it will be available soon because as per Xbox support: "Flight sticks and other non-standard controllers are not yet supported on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Microsoft Flight Simulator can be played on an Xbox One console via cloud gaming using an Xbox Wireless Controller or Xbox-licensed gamepad." Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

You may need to check for updates from time to time via https://news.xbox.com.
Thema:

1. MS Flight simulator on XBox cloud gaming app on PC wants to load mandatory update every time - Similar Threads - Flight simulator cloud

2. Xbox Series X Flight Simulator will not start up. Fails when connecting to the cloud.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Flight Simulator will not start up. Fails when connecting to the cloud.: It's starts to connect to the cloud and fails back to home screen. Worked for two hours yesterday with Microsoft doing factory reset etc...and it's still not working and they closed my ticket....
  3. Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...: Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud gaming session. It is not a internet issue as we can play Forza Horizon 5 and other game pass games. We...
  4. Flight Simulator Cloud Gaming Ultimate compatibility with Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator Cloud Gaming Ultimate compatibility with Xbox One: Microsoft Flight Simulator won't play on my Xbox One, despite me having Game Pass Ultimate. What can I do to get this game to play? 5ae8643d-4d6e-4d96-bbac-0219d41992a0
  5. Microsoft flight simulator- cloud gaming won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator- cloud gaming won’t load: My son just got new Xbox s. He was playing Microsoft flight simulator through cloud gaming on Xbox one but now this game won’t load through cloud gaming on Xbox s. We have deleted reinstalled we...
  6. Microsoft flight simulator does not connect to internet (using cloud gaming)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator does not connect to internet (using cloud gaming): I open flight simulator on my xbox one with cloud gaming and when i try to "Fly" it says im not connected to the internet and that it will try to connect. when i click "download offline map" its...
  7. If I buy a disk of Microsoft Flight Simulator, can I play on my Xbox One S without Cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a disk of Microsoft Flight Simulator, can I play on my Xbox One S without Cloud...: Hello, I tried to download Microsoft Flight Simulator on my Xbox One S through my Game Pass but it says that the game is not compatible with my console. I read online that I must have Cloud...
  8. Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?: I have Game Pass Ultimate but instead of giving me the option to play the game with Cloud Streaming it says that it's installable and that I can manage the game. But when I press the manage button...
  9. When will the Xbox cloud gaming version of Microsoft Flight Simulator start supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the Xbox cloud gaming version of Microsoft Flight Simulator start supporting...: Question is in the title. I purchased the Turtle Beach Velocity One flight control system for my dad for his birthday when they released MFS onto cloud gaming because he has an Xbox One. I didn't...
  10. Flight simulator cloud gaming with ultimate pass will not allow me to play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight simulator cloud gaming with ultimate pass will not allow me to play it.: Message says i need to purchase it or pay for subscription. I have a valid subscription and was playing it last week so not sure what has changed. Any help is much appreciated....