MS account keeps getting locked because of supposedly suspicious activity when signing in...

Discus and support MS account keeps getting locked because of supposedly suspicious activity when signing in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I sign in to my MS account on my XBox 360, it keeps telling me there's a problem with my account (Error code: 8015d000), then when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TerrySaunders2, Aug 23, 2020.

1. MS account keeps getting locked because of supposedly suspicious activity when signing in...

Every time I sign in to my MS account on my XBox 360, it keeps telling me there's a problem with my account (Error code: 8015d000), then when I try to login using a PC, I get a box saying my account is locked because of suspicious activity, and when I unlock
    it using an SMS text message code, and look at recent activity, it only shows activity related to my XBox 360, I have 2 step verification setup and using a very strong password, I don't think anyone has compromised it, but just in case though, I did change
    the password, I logged in the Xbox successfully a couple of times, then I get the account locked again.

Has anyone else having this problem?

:)

TerrySaunders2, Aug 23, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Yep... This just happened...

This was a Microsoft (MS) account suspension when they see a possibility of suspicious activity they will lock the account and have you verify your account was not compromised.

This has nothing to do with an Xbox profile suspension which is where you would look at the enforcement teams website to see what the suspension was about.
  3. Goth Vampirella Win User

Yep... This just happened...

This was a Microsoft (MS) account suspension when they see a possibility of suspicious activity they will lock the account and have you verify your account was not compromised.

This has nothing to do with an Xbox profile suspension which is where you would look at the enforcement teams website to see what the suspension was about.
    I find it weird that they would say my account was locked because of a violation of the code of conduct if this is the case. I still feel like they could have at least emailed me and said something like "We think we have suspicious whatever... blah blah
    blah."

Thank you for your reply. Any moderator can lock this thread if they wish. I just needed to rant. Thanks all. :)
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account Suspension

Sometimes Microsoft will lock accounts if there is suspicious activity on them like if someone tries to put in a wrong password to many times or if spam emails are being sent from the email these will not fall under the enforcement teams side of things and
    will give you a popup box when you sign into your account with an error message.

What is the exact error message because it sounds like an account lock and not an xbox enforcement action.

Normally with these account locks in the message there is a link that you would click on that will take you to a site that gives you instructions on what you need to do to get your account unlocked.

Another thing I want you to try is to sign into your account at account.microsoft.com and see if it gives you the same message.
  5. Jaylin.1 Win User

Locked out of my Microsoft/Xbox account because of “Suspicious activity”

No like I know my password they locked my account for “Suspicious activity” and I submitted a Form to get back into but I never got a response
  6. Widget1979 Win User

Xbox account

It could also be to do with suspicious activity being picked up so they've locked it to protect you. Usually when you sign in, it will say locked, please provide a phone number and you'll recieve a code to unlock it. Hope you sort it out mate.
Thema:

MS account keeps getting locked because of supposedly suspicious activity when signing in...

1. MS account keeps getting locked because of supposedly suspicious activity when signing in... - Similar Threads - account keeps getting

2. my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...: my internet is good, other accounts work fine, but my account doesn’t work with the online games or enlisted, we have game pass, again, other accounts work fine so it’s not a issue with “whoever...
  3. I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...: For 3 months now, I get emails about purchases I made on Fortnite on my email, when I go to Microsoft to check transactions, nothing. Epic Games doesn't have an account my email so whats up? I...
  4. I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...: This is the error code i receive every time i attempt to link my accounts. There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system. Please contact support....
  5. My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft): So My minecraft account keeps getting hacked i dont seem to see anything changed on my microsoft though which is good. but every single time or once in a while i get hacked by the same guy how can...
  6. Somebody has been on my account and keeps getting me reported on purpose.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody has been on my account and keeps getting me reported on purpose.: I changed my password just they got me suspended for 2 months the customer support for Xbox is non existent. What do I do 0ce198bd-578d-4d5b-b1af-7f2a7c5317b4
  7. cannot sign up for developer account as keep getting invalid country / region error on sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot sign up for developer account as keep getting invalid country / region error on sign...: cannot sign up for developer account as keep getting invalid country / region error on sign up page 4a0a3da5-4e50-40ad-8f10-bafd5dfbb97c
  8. How do I get help with people harassing me? They keep on making new accounts and sending me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get help with people harassing me? They keep on making new accounts and sending me...: Basically, they keep harassing me after I block them. There are three of them at least. And I don’t know who I can go to to talk to about it but I need help they should be banned for harassing me...
  9. I changed emails for Xbox accounts and I keep getting emails to the old email not the new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed emails for Xbox accounts and I keep getting emails to the old email not the new one.: Two months ago I changed the main email address on my xbox account to my personal one from my parents email address from when I was younger. I have not gotten email notifications on my email but...
  10. I keep trying to create a new account on my xbox one that I just bought, but I can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep trying to create a new account on my xbox one that I just bought, but I can't get...: I already have a microsoft account. I just can't get past this final step. cd05a349-0ff0-44fd-9c0d-6a471fb2d0a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox account locked for suspicious activity