Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

Discus and support Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know a lot of people have the same problem: it is not possible to move yout Xbox Live Account to a diferent Microsoft Account. For example, in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by José Miguel 19, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

I know a lot of people have the same problem:

it is not possible to move yout Xbox Live Account to a diferent Microsoft Account. For example, in my case, my sister and I created my Xbox Live profile around 2011, and we used her email address in my Xbox profile, and she used my email on her Xbox profile. At that time we didn’t care about that, but now it’s a problem.

I saw that in 2013 this option of moving your Xbox account to another Microsoft Account was available, but that no longer works.

They only give you the option to change the Account Alias, but we know it’s almost useless for our problem, because that doesn’t change the Account, it still the same Account.

As I said, I have read a lot of people who have this problem and need the same solution, moving their Xbox Live Account to another Microsoft Account.

I really think Microsoft needs to do something about this because the solution they give us is not really a solution.

:)

José Miguel 19, Jul 2, 2022
  2. WPAK Win User

Deleting Gamertag from existence

Hi there,

-

like mentioned it is not possible to delete a xbox live account, but there is a way for you to achieve the goal you want.

You can move xbox live accounts to another Microsoft Account, which will free up the email address and to be used to move another xbox live account to it.

Be aware that you can only move an xbox live account to another Microsoft Account when the account has been on a xbox 360 console for at least 30 days without it being downloaded and be sure not to use any devices with the Microsoft account while doing the switch
    Microsoft Account steps, to prevent auto creation of another xbox live account

So you will basically want to do the following.

-Download the profiles to the xbox 360 console if they are not present on the console yet and wait 30 days if one of them was downloaded

-Move the unwanted xbox live account you want to remove to a (new) different Microsoft Account, to free up the email address

-Move the wanted xbox live account to the just freed up Microsoft Account

-

See this link for step by step instructions how to switch a xbox live account to another Microsoft Account:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  3. WPAK Win User

Transferring an X-Box Live Profile to another Microsoft Account

Hi there,

you can't delete an xbox live account, but the thing you will need to do is to move that xbox live account to another Microsoft Account (which can be closed afterwards). This will free up the outlook account and you should be able to move your xbox live
    account to that outlook account.

Just be sure that you do not use the outlook account on a windows Phone or windows 8 device while transferring, since this will generate a xbox live account when none is present.

So, use the following steps:

1. Download the xbox live account on the outlook account to the xbox console

2. wait 30 days, then move that xbox live account to another (new temporary) Microsoft account. An xbox live account can only be moved when it has been on a console for at least 30 days without being downloaded. Be sure not to use any windows device with
    your outlook account connected when doing these steps.

3. Move your xbox live account to the outlook account.

-

To move an xbox live account to another Microsoft account see this link:
  4. WPAK Win User

Permanently Deleting A Gamertag

Hi there,

the closest thing to deleting an account is moving it to another Microsoft Account and then close that Microsoft Account.

An option is to create a new Microsoft Account, move the xbox live account to that new Microsoft Account and close that Microsoft Account afterwards. This should make the xbox live account inaccessible

See this link for the how to move the account to another Microsoft Account:

To close a Microsoft Account go to this link:
    https://account.live.com/
    and use the Close Account option at the bottom

I hope this will allow and help you to let your son go...
  5. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
  6. WPAK Win User

Need to disassociate Gamertag from my Mircorsoft account

Thema:

Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account

1. Moving Xbox Live Gamertag/Account to Another Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Moving Live Gamertag

2. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  3. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  4. Move xbox live account to a different gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live account to a different gamertag: Hi all, When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given his old 360 and games. However, when I sign in...
  5. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  6. Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account: My son has been using a Xbox Live GamerTag associated with my Microsoft Account. I would like to move this GamerTag (along with the associated game progress, credits, etc.) to his Microsoft...
  7. How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?: I have buyed a Xbox One S with an installed live ID account and gamertag. There are some games on the gamertag which I want to use with my own live ID. So I want a description what I have to do...
  8. How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?: So I have a gamertag tied to a very very old live account/email which is not used anymore. I have another Live account which is tied to my lifelong email that I will probably always use till I...
  9. Move xbox live gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live gamertag: So, over 10 years ago when xbox live first came out I had to make an xbox live gamertag using a live profile, which I did - only for my Xbox account. Last year, Windows 10 came out and I signed...
  10. Move Gamertag to another live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Gamertag to another live account?: Having some issues so not sure if anybody here has a resolution. (The support page for this topic doesn't seem to be centered around XBOX One which is my first and only XBOX I have - Error...