Moving save data. Cloud means nothing, zero internet access

Discus and support Moving save data. Cloud means nothing, zero internet access in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have zero internet. Zero. I live on top of a mountain, and thus cannot access cloud. I'm trying to move save game cache to USB because my system will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by culprit1488, Mar 14, 2019.

1. culprit1488
    culprit1488 Guest

I have zero internet. Zero. I live on top of a mountain, and thus cannot access cloud. I'm trying to move save game cache to USB because my system will not let me install a game now, at all. Wont even start, says "installation stopped". I read a hard reset
    will possibly work, but since I have no internet, nothing has been cloud saved, and I dont want to lose my saves, thus wanting to transfer them. Please tell me there's a workaround or solution to this...and before you write it, yes, I'm living in internet-free
    bliss, and I freaking love it. Except for this. This sucks.

:)

culprit1488, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi culprit,

Unfortunately, when factory reset they need a internet connection for initial setup. There anywhere you can take it to do this? Hate to see you use it as target practice. :)

Brad
  3. culprit1488 Win User

I am permanently offline. Zero internet connection. All games I have are from disc, with xbox always offline. I have to pick and choose what I can play because of this. The hard reset is now requiring an internet connection to move forward, I probably
    shouldn't have done that. I will now take the xbox outside and shoot it.
  4. culprit1488 Win User

Hello Culprit,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Unfortunately, the only way I would think this is possible is with a external hard drive. What is going on with the game why wont it install? The only copy or moving I found is for 360. If you explain what
    going on with game we may be able to help.

Thanks,

Brad
    It does the 0% stop. Says installing,then installation stopped. That's it. I said f it and did a reset...we will see
  5. choppyseize Win User

Most games require you to be connected to the internet. There is a small select few that can be played offline. You definitely need an external HD to game the way you want. A USB won't work. You can install offline but to access your saved data you would
    need an External or to be connected to the internet.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there culprit,

Thanks for your time and reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with not having internet service to update the Xbox console. Unfortunately, this is one of the requirements when setting up the console.

Check out this articles:

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    We'll be locking the thread.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Moving save data. Cloud means nothing, zero internet access - Similar Threads - Moving save data

2. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  3. I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I moved my 7 Days to Die installation to a new drive and my saved worlds and profiles are gone.: it's not in the appdata nor the original drive anymore. why didnt it get carried over to the new drive? what can i do to retrieve it? 087ba50a-c846-4c40-9aac-cadc9d46f129
  4. Can you move a save file from cloud to local?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you move a save file from cloud to local?: I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the cloud. 301197f8-eccd-41af-9592-8b0b2ad4d696
  5. Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching PC's. How can I move my fallout4 save data from game pass from one of to the other?: I was using my laptop to play fallout 4 through game pass for PC. I recently set up my desktop and redownload fallout 4 through game pass for PC on my desktop. Both my laptop and my desktop are...
  6. I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am going to sell my xbox one s. If I move all my games to a hard drive, will it save all...: I am trying to sell my Xbox. abbfe7c5-1a11-4045-9abc-ea3d51a8b51a
  7. Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to move my saved data to my other profile?: I accidentally deleted one of my xbox 360 accounts and i cant get it back (offline account) and i want to move the save from the account i deleted onto my account that is online is this possible?...
  8. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  9. How to move save data from one profile to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to move save data from one profile to another?: Good morning. Is it possible move save data from one "xbox one s" profile to another? I mean about Minecraft game. Thanks in advance for your help. 927db937-37bb-48a0-a72d-56f822e19750
  10. Move Original Xbox Save Data from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Original Xbox Save Data from Xbox 360 to Xbox One: I started Ninja Gaiden Black on the 360 with the physical disc and now that it's backwards compatible on Xbox One as well, I would like to continue the game on there. There doesn't seem to be a...