Moving gamertag to different account

Discus and support Moving gamertag to different account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons Xbox gamertag is set up on my microsoft account - I want to move it to a child account i've set up for him. How do i do this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikey_748, Sep 7, 2018.

1. mikey_748
    mikey_748 Guest

My sons Xbox gamertag is set up on my microsoft account - I want to move it to a child account i've set up for him. How do i do this

:)

mikey_748, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    Moving gamertag to different Microsoft account

The 30 day time limit may apply because of other factors, such as recent password changes on the old account, or if the old account has been recently downloaded to the console, or if the billing information has recently been changed. Any significant change
    of circumstances for the old account can trigger a 30 day waiting period for any Microsoft Account email changes.

Klokkwork, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Moving gamertag to different Microsoft account

I have tried countless times to move my gamertag to a different Microsoft account but I'm getting an error that reads , " sorry we can not move your account right now" I have never moved my account to another Microsoft account so the 30 day wait limit
    rule does not apply in this situation. I am trying to set a different Microsoft account due to the fact that I have recently bought n Xbox One. I am not able to access the yahoo account associated with my Microsoft account so I am deciding to move it. I hope
    that you can help me in any way possible

SuperSaiyan3698, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Moving gamertag to different account

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new account.

StuartATrueRed, Sep 7, 2018
  5. mikey_748
    mikey_748 Guest

My account which his gamertag is set up on is an adult account. Surely there must be a way of moving Gamertags between accounts?!? I've set up a child account for him but just need to move his gamertag.

Creating a new gamertag or losing the progress on his current one is really not an option.....

mikey_748, Sep 8, 2018
  6. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Once a game tag is used that license gets burned and cannot be used again until Microsoft recycles them. If you want your son to keep all his progress you can change your password for the account and set up the privacy and online safety settings to follow
    specific guidelines. There's a way to sign in without a password.. so you can lock everything down but the sign in and that should help you with your permission problem. Here's how to do it. Privacy
    Preferences

XBF Aaron G, Nov 3, 2018
  7. mikey_748 Win User

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new
    account.

My account which his gamertag is set up on is an adult account. Surely there must be a way of moving Gamertags between accounts?!? I've set up a child account for him but just need to move his gamertag.

Creating a new gamertag or losing the progress on his current one is really not an option.....
  8. XBF Aaron G Win User

Once a game tag is used that license gets burned and cannot be used again until Microsoft recycles them. If you want your son to keep all his progress you can change your password for the account and set up the privacy and online safety settings to follow
    specific guidelines. There's a way to sign in without a password.. so you can lock everything down but the sign in and that should help you with your permission problem. Here's how to do it. Privacy
    Preferences
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new account.
  10. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Move gamertag to different account

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Sean

Unfortunately that's not possible, gamertag transfer is not possible between Microsoft accounts, this applies to purchases and progress too.

You can try changing it from here https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag, and see if the gamertag is available after that.

But that doesn't guarantee that you can use that gamertag in your stepson's account

If you have further questions feel free to ask

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  11. onyxishere Win User

Moving Xbox Live Gamertag and Profile Between Aliases on Xbox 360

Thema:

1. Moving gamertag to different account - Similar Threads - Moving gamertag different

2. I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...: Old email for gamertag no longer works. How do I find my old gamertag (which has over 30,000 gamerpoints). I have tried to produce answers to security questions but don't have access to...
  3. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.: I've registered one xbox account a long ago with mine nickname and forgot about it. Now I have another primary account but unable to set mine nickname to it without adding tag number. I want to...
  6. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  7. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  8. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  9. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  10. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...