Moving Game Files so no need to Reinstall

Discus and support Moving Game Files so no need to Reinstall in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I have a game installed on another Platform (Steam) and i want to move its files to the xBox Gamepass so i dont have to redownload it. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Xilto, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Xilto
    Xilto Guest

Hello. I have a game installed on another Platform (Steam) and i want to move its files to the xBox Gamepass so i dont have to redownload it. The reason is that i downloaded a game which got free for a limited time and you are not able to keep it. Is it possible somehow ?

:)

Xilto, Jun 4, 2021
  2. JayWolford Win User

you cant as some xbox gamepass games on pc are direct xbox ports which are xvd images and all directories are locked behind encrypted folders, it will not work.
    THANKS
  3. JayWolford Win User

you cant as some xbox gamepass games on pc are direct xbox ports which are xvd images and all directories are locked behind encrypted folders, it will not work.
    THANKS
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

Regarding your issue, it would be better to try checking with steam support for more information on how you can do that.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

MSIXVC folder taking more space than it should

Hi MohammmedElshobaki! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Only if you have saved the file location prior moving/deleting the files, if you can't restore the files you will need to reinstall the games
  6. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Kakarot

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

Any save file may be corrupted so you may need to start a new game
Thema:

1. Moving Game Files so no need to Reinstall - Similar Threads - Moving Game Files

2. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  3. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  4. Move game back to ext.storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move game back to ext.storage?: Hi, newbie here! I’m going to store games on external drive. Moving/copying game from ext. to int. then play. After that do I have to move the game back to ext. or can I delete it (in order to...
  5. Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...: Whenever I play my game call of duty whenever I try and move my analog stick up and down before this happened. It was perfectly fine and it always respond it on time but now whenever I try and...
  6. Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is game data saved to external drive when moving games?: I just bought a 5 TB Seagate game drive for Xbox. I was surprised to find that it only stores games, and you have to move them to the Xbox 'S' in order to play them. My question is, if you play a...
  7. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  8. How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I move All my Data, Profiles, and Games from Xbox One to Xbox One S?: I want to Move ALL my info from my Xbox One to my new Xbox One S 1e01550e-4684-4ae0-b722-deb65b319ba0
  9. Need help cant move game clips:(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help cant move game clips:(: I am having trouble with moving to OneDrive to be able to save my photos. It won't let me move the ones that say "On the Xbox network". when I try to move it, it doesn't get one in and says...
  10. Is there any way to move or modify specific game files from my PC to my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to move or modify specific game files from my PC to my Xbox One?: I want to move a game save that I have on my computer in a game called Astroneer, which for some reason has cloud saving, but only works between my computers instead of my computers and Xbox. Is...