Moving a gamertag to a different microsoft acount

Discus and support Moving a gamertag to a different microsoft acount in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox gamer tag, however I have a different Microsoft account I used to sign in to windows, I then bought Gears of war 4 and its season pass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JonCook2, Nov 23, 2019.

1. JonCook2
    JonCook2 Guest

I have an Xbox gamer tag, however I have a different Microsoft account I used to sign in to windows, I then bought Gears of war 4 and its season pass through the windows 10 app store, when I try to play the game I have a message about being unable to buy
    things as the sign in's are different. I am able to play the game on my gamer tag however don't have access to any of the DLC that I've bought wasting around £40. Is there any way I can link the gamer tag to the Microsoft account?

thanks for any help

:)

JonCook2, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Niko1664 Win User

Hi JonCook2, sorry but 2 different Microsoft account are 2 Xbox Live (and Gamertag) account different. You can't linked stuff from one to another.
    The only solution you have eventually is contact the support, ask for a refund while explain your case, hope refund works and re-buy the DLC with the correct account.
  3. JonCook2 Win User

Unfortunately it says I cant add an email linked to another Microsoft account
  4. Kev7420 Win User

You could try to add it under account alias's
  5. Jeroen Huylebroeck Win User

Moving Xbox live account to a different Microsoft acount

I'm afraid this is not possible. An account is linked to an individual and moving things related to that individual to another account (i.e. most probably another individual) is not standard procedure.

However, perhaps this could be achieved if the case at hand is well explained to the official support team.

Alternatively you might want to consider two other options:

1. Rename/add another e-mail address to the existing account so you can keep using it, and your father can move to another (new) account, setting up what he needs there.
    2. Register multiple accounts on you guest console.

I highly recommend taking ik up with the official, friendly support xbox support staff. Do know however, that they've been swarmed with questions the past few months, so it may take a while before your question gets answered by them.

I suggest you use
    the green "contact us" button on the right side of this page
  6. WPAK Win User

How do I delete the gamertag Microsoft have given me?

Hi there,

the only way to achieve that is to move that 'generated' Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

In steps:

1. download that 'generated' Gamertag to the xbox console

2. wait 30 days (A profile can only be moved to a different Microsoft account when it has been for 30 days on a console)

3. move the 'generated' Gamertag to a different Microsoft account

4. move your gamerprofile to the just freed up Microsoft Account

-

To download a profile see this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

To Switch a gamertag to a different Microsoft Account see this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

Let us know if there are any more questions or results :)
Thema:

1. Moving a gamertag to a different microsoft acount - Similar Threads - Moving gamertag different

2. I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...: Old email for gamertag no longer works. How do I find my old gamertag (which has over 30,000 gamerpoints). I have tried to produce answers to security questions but don't have access to...
  3. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.: I've registered one xbox account a long ago with mine nickname and forgot about it. Now I have another primary account but unable to set mine nickname to it without adding tag number. I want to...
  6. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  7. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  8. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  9. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  10. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...