Movies & TV app problem! Cant watch any purchased movies (0x800c000b)

Discus and support Movies & TV app problem! Cant watch any purchased movies (0x800c000b) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I hope there is someone who might be able to help me out I recently (about three days ago) noticed this issue when I was try to watch a purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CallMeEra, Aug 5, 2019.

1. CallMeEra
    CallMeEra Guest

Hi, I hope there is someone who might be able to help me out I recently (about three days ago) noticed this issue when I was try to watch a purchased movie.

Whenever I try to play any of my bought movies/shows all I get is an black screen for about 20-30 seconds then this error pops up with the code 0x800c000b saying : For this, you need to be online. There is a network problem. Please try again.

However im on a wired connection which is working fine and I also was try to start up a movie while I was in a Party and it still gave me that error. for some reason trailers are working fine just to give some more details.

I also noticed a few other reports on Twitter and in the community but without any solutions to fix that problem.

I did a lot of troubleshooting steps (multiple times) to fix this issue I was try to restart my internet, clear my console cache, redownload the app and my profile without any success.

I noticed that Xbox had some issues the last couple of days but the thing is whenever I check the status of XBL it says that everything is up and running but its clearly NOT because I still sit here can't watch any of my purchased content which is really
    sad and annoying. right before I noticed this issue the first time I bought a new movie and still haven't watched it yet because its not working.

Looking forward to get some help right here, thanks.

:)

CallMeEra, Aug 5, 2019
  2. glendixon
    glendixon New Member
    I think your application may have been corrupted or not working because the version has not been updated.
    You can replace it with another streaming TV application here.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    glendixon, Sep 24, 2019
  3. xPAPAxMURPHx Win User

Hey, so i've made a refund request as I purchased the Avengers and wasn't able to watch it.. just wonder if anyone else has tried this?

I purchased the movie on YouTube because of this issue and will continue to do so if things aren't resolved accordingly.

I've been a loyal xbox customer for almost 10 years.
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You have Free Space in your console and you have a great Connection Speed?
  5. xPAPAxMURPHx Win User

I just paid $30.00 for the new avengers and can't even watch it. Super annoying. Next time i'll be buying off of iTunes or YouTube. This is ridiculous. I pay for xbox live, i pay for movies and i cant watch something I paid for with MY money.
  6. MACCA 666MC Win User

Movies ant tv app not working at all. Someone at microsoft needs to grow some balls and own up to the fact that their development team is sub par to requirements and couldnt fix anything. Also they need to own up to when their systems dont opperate and
    stop trying to make out everthing is fine and opperational. Phil Spencer needs to do something or get the sack.
  7. Sushiio Win User

Yep, its happening with me too. Ive tried every solution that the xbox support articles can throw at me and I get the same error pop up, someone needs to fix this fast! I rented the first kingsman movie and cant watch it, then i tried buying the second
    and same problem.
Thema:

1. Movies & TV app problem! Cant watch any purchased movies (0x800c000b) - Similar Threads - Movies app problem

2. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  3. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  4. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  5. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?: The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one communicating to anyone about the situation. Can...
  6. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work: I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531
  7. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  8. Missing Episode 2 of Dead City in the Microsoft Tv & Movies App

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing Episode 2 of Dead City in the Microsoft Tv & Movies App: Hello, I just purchased the season pass for Dead City on my Xbox series x but episode 2 is non existent. I've tried to call Microsoft support only to get the call dropped with no call back or...
  9. 120hz on the xbox movies & tv app?

in XBoX on Windows
    120hz on the xbox movies & tv app?: Greetings all, I scoured the forums for any related context., but found absolutely nothing in regard to my question. So I guess I'll ask myself. I recently purchased a 120hz tv (TCL 6 series) and...
  10. Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?: I still have an Xbox 360 and everytime I try to watch one of the movie apps, it says troubleshooting. I have great internet service also. f09ef27d-306f-4caa-b73c-1b2568d0b225