Movies and series app 4k movies are suddenly HD only

Discus and support Movies and series app 4k movies are suddenly HD only in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So i bought allot of movies over the years. But since i went from xbox one x to my xbox series x some movies are suddenly HD. I contacted support but... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Patjoew, Dec 7, 2021.

1. /u/Patjoew
    /u/Patjoew Guest

So i bought allot of movies over the years. But since i went from xbox one x to my xbox series x some movies are suddenly HD.

I contacted support but they are not very helpfull, only one of them noticed i actually paid for the 4k editions as it was a few dollars more expensive. (Still he couldnt do anything or did not want to do something). Also tried to explain they were 4k before. And even worse is the movies that had the same price for all versions. As then there is zero proof you had bought the UHD version.

Apparantly microsoft does not keep count which version you buy it does not name it out in the title you bought. So when licencing go wrong and it turns HD they have no way to see you bought the UHD version but the price.

So now my question am i the only one?? Or can people test it out. It happent when i changed from xbox one x to the series x. I am in alpha skip ahead,
    Also only found out because my niece wanted to watch jumanji and it looked really bad suddenly. And it showed HD only.

Example movies i bought in UHD are The gremlins bundle, teenage mutant ninja turtles bundle, John Wick bundle, jumanji bundle And allot of other solo ones but these 4 bundles were actually more expensive for the UHD version.

I hope i am not the only one in this so that this is something they can tackle.

submitted by /u/Patjoew
    [link] [comments]

/u/Patjoew, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Hello,

Xbox One does not support 4K movies or games.

Xbox One S, supports 4K movies.

Xbox One X
    supports 4K games and movies.

If you have 4K TV I recommend Xbox One X. If you have only Full HD TV, so Xbox One X can switch to Full HD mode. All the more power it can put into games.

There are over 130 games that are for the Xbox One X.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k?

No, it doesn't do that. The movie will show in 1080p. Only 4K movies will show in 4K.
  4. Starhowl Win User

Netflix Not Playing 4K movies

I have the exact same problem. Everything is supported except for Dolby Vision on my 4K-screen, but only HD-movies are playing, not UHD?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Series S 4K Tv Yeşil Çizgi Çıkıyor. ❓

Well.not.on gamss

Series s will only do.1440max.as.it's not.a 4k console

Ypi can stream 4k movies or.shows.but not play 4k games installing HDD textures will be a waste of.space and time
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

It's because you are asking too much

Most videos on YouTube is NOT 4k

You can search for 4k demos videos but even retail movies will only do 1080p due to Google's limits

And yes since they moves to YouTube movies from.Google play movies they haven't fully adapted the movies to 4k

And user videos are rarely 4k
Thema:

1. Movies and series app 4k movies are suddenly HD only - Similar Threads - Movies series app

2. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  3. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  4. Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?: Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies, I have removed all the apps except for essential ones and checked every apps usage which shows 0 for them all, I thought I should have 12 or 15gig...
  5. Movies and TV on XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Movies and TV on XBox Series X: It's acting like I have a dial up connection. Pixelation, lag, disconnection, etc. I have 1Gb fiber connection which tested perfect so that's not the case 11594f15-c5c3-4ca5-9d86-01927b3409c1
  6. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  7. How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox series x bluray player to play a movie offline?: How do I use the xbox series x bluray Player to play a movie offline? a6e82c1a-1327-4f1f-a99f-1d3018d9db3a
  8. Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

in XboX Insiders
    Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game: Hello, I wanted to suggest that it would be a great idea if we could have the ability to have a youtube video or a series from hbo max play in a small rectangle on top right of the screen for...
  9. Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Series X console automatically upscale 1080p movie discs to 4k?: I am playing a 1080p Blu-ray movie on my Series X console and I thought it would upscale to 4k, but it is still showing as playing in 1080p. Will the Series X upscale 1080p to 4k?...
  10. Movies & TV app not installing Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV app not installing Series S: I've tried removing my account and reinstalling it. Tried rebooting, network is fine. Tried signing into different account to download, nothing. 43c60e10-6a48-46c5-a49b-69bb67673cff