Movie Rental "Cannot Play"

Discus and support Movie Rental "Cannot Play" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We rented triple 9 of the Xbox one movies. The message even though payment has been processed, is as follows: "Can't Play - We can't check the play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SniperWolf231, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Movie Rental "Cannot Play"

We rented triple 9 of the Xbox one movies. The message even though payment has been processed, is as follows: "Can't Play - We can't check the play rights for this item at the moment ..." We've tried waiting a couple days to no avail. Please refund so
    we can probably spend the money on another rental. Thanks

:)

SniperWolf231, Jun 21, 2016
  2. MarkT 68
    MarkT 68 Guest
    Error: 0xc00d11d1 "Can't Play" rental movie

I have the exact same issue and I'm trying to play the video on a Microsoft Surface with all the latest drivers installed. This is VERY frustrating.

MarkT 68, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Zoid IT
    Zoid IT Guest
    Error: 0xc00d11d1 "Can't Play" rental movie

Yes have latest driver installed, this is a brand new dell xps 12 convertible ultra book. I would have at least expected the movie to be available on my Xbox as per my previous purchase experiences.

Zoid IT, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Movie Rental "Cannot Play"

Hey there SniperWolf231,

In this particular case you're going to want to contact our Official Chat or Phone teams for a refund as we're not able to process refunds through the forums. Contact Us

Mister Mascot, Jun 22, 2016
  5. LainaLoon Win User

Movie rental will not play

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I rented a movie and selected the download option. I never tried to play the movie. just downloaded it, turned off the console, and went to bed. 2 days later I go to watch it and nothing, just purchase and delete
    options. At this point the video said I had 12 days remaining to watch the movie. I got on the PC and I did a chat support. They walked me through troubleshooting steps; deleting Marketplace System Data (which didn't exist on my drive) from System Items on
    the hard drive, deleting System Rights Database from System Items on the hard drive, navigate to Hard Drive press Y and Clear System Cache (asked to repeat this step 5 times), then turn the console off.

Then, restart the console, go to Xbox Videos > My Videos > Account Management. and press the 'X' button to 'refresh purchases'. It is important to note that at this point, the rental video tile was reporting that my video had expired.

At this point MS refunded my points for the video. I was happy to get the points back but I would've rather watched the movie honestly. I was warned the refunded points are a one time shot. I could try to rent the movie again but if I had problems at that
    point, tough cookies.

My advice to anyone else who has this issue: Don't immediately get mad, throw your hands up, and complain, get a hold of support. DON'T follow these steps on your own and go deleting files without a support person telling you to or you probably won't get
    your points back.

I just hope my experience can help someone else out there.
  6. SmoglessMonk6 Win User

This does not work! I have tried everything and am super frustrated that I have wasted sooooooo much time into this. If it didn't cost money to begin with I would have stopped trying. Already didn't care for the system and now with all of the issues we continue
    to have makes it worse. The system is not very user friendly. Sorry about the rant but fix it or reimburse me!
  7. FirePro911 Win User

All of the above! Just rented the movie and cannot watch it. I either have to purchase it or it says to rent it again at xBox store.

License for this video has expired. To play it, rent it again at the xBox Video Store.

Status Code: 803c0009
  8. MichaelOliva Win User

I purchased a rental video on the Video app on Windows 8 (desktop PC) but the DRM is not recognizing that I have permissions and it's not letting the video play. It says I still have two weeks on the rental but it just won't play. I tried also playing it
    in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center (Win 8 64 bit Ultimate w/ Media Center addon) but no dice there either. I tried every suggestion including downloading Zune software but unsurprisingly the video doesn't want to play there either. I checked
    my status and it's live and okay. I'm on the same PC I bought the rental from. The same region. Everything else works fine, I just can't play the movie I rented. It should be this hard.

Also, like the person above me, I looked for an email support but was frustrated to find there wasn't one. I really don't want to sit in a chat or on the phone. I've already spent way too much time trying to get a movie rental that I paid for to play so
    if someone doesn't have a simple solution that I haven't already tried (and I searched though all the Microsoft help pages on this topic) then I'd rather just get my money back.

If that can't happen then I guess it's just a donation to the fool me once fund and a learning experience to steer clear of Microsoft based movie rentals due to poor implementation of DRM.
  9. Mister Parks Win User

Hello TRAV1SAURUS REX,

Sorry to hear about your rental experience. Did you rent the video on your Xbox 360 or a computer running the Xbox Video app?

If on the Xbox 360, go to Xbox Video>My Videos>Account Management. When there, press 'X' to Refresh Purchase History.

Let us know, if you did it on your Xbox 360, if that step helps you out.

Thanks!
Thema:

Movie Rental "Cannot Play"

1. Movie Rental "Cannot Play" - Similar Threads - Movie Rental Cannot

2. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  3. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  4. Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies ?: Why is my xbox only allocating 2.1gig for movies, I have removed all the apps except for essential ones and checked every apps usage which shows 0 for them all, I thought I should have 12 or 15gig...
  5. Movies and TV on XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Movies and TV on XBox Series X: It's acting like I have a dial up connection. Pixelation, lag, disconnection, etc. I have 1Gb fiber connection which tested perfect so that's not the case 11594f15-c5c3-4ca5-9d86-01927b3409c1
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  8. Lego Movie Videogame will not continue downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Movie Videogame will not continue downloading: When I try to download the game, it gets stuck at a certain percent and keeps saying installation stopped.The disc is clean and recognizable acda1269-ffa6-448f-b2b1-a4c750dec3e7
  9. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  10. Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store movie rentals occasionally have no audio: I've made purchases for movie rentals through the Microsoft store app on Xbox One that will sometimes have no audio when I attempt to play them. The movie trailer audio works fine, but the main...