Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account

Discus and support Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has been using a Xbox Live GamerTag associated with my Microsoft Account. I would like to move this GamerTag (along with the associated game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bduff05, Oct 6, 2018.

1. bduff05
    bduff05 Guest

My son has been using a Xbox Live GamerTag associated with my Microsoft Account. I would like to move this GamerTag (along with the associated game progress, credits, etc.) to his Microsoft Account. How can I do this?

:)

bduff05, Oct 6, 2018
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Oct 6, 2018
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Email issues

Hi there,

-

you can NOT delete a xbox live account, you can only move it to a different Microsoft Account.

So you will need to move that unwanted xbox live account to a new (temporary) Microsoft Account and after that you will be able to move your GT (xbox live account) to that Microsoft Account.

Be aware that you can only move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Acocunt when it has been on a console for at least 30 days, without it being downloaded.

This link explains on how to move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Account:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

WPAK, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account

Purchases and game data are linked to your Microsoft account and can't be transferred to a different account.

BaconisGood53, Oct 6, 2018
  5. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    XBF Nestor S, Oct 6, 2018
  6. Dysruptz
    Dysruptz Guest
    Dysruptz, Oct 6, 2018
  7. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Unfortunately, there's no way to transfer the gamertag to a different account. The only way to really accomplish what you're trying to do, would be to give him your current account. You would want to change the details on the account to match his (such as
    name, email address, etc.). After that you would have to create a new account for yourself with your e-mail address, which would no longer be in use.

Tormaz, Nov 3, 2018
  8. WPAK Win User

Email issues

Hi there,

-

you can NOT delete a xbox live account, you can only move it to a different Microsoft Account.

So you will need to move that unwanted xbox live account to a new (temporary) Microsoft Account and after that you will be able to move your GT (xbox live account) to that Microsoft Account.

Be aware that you can only move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Acocunt when it has been on a console for at least 30 days, without it being downloaded.

This link explains on how to move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Account:

9. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
  10. WPAK Win User

Need to disassociate Gamertag from my Mircorsoft account

11. WPAK Win User

Xbox account transfer help

12. WPAK Win User

Error in upgrade account or change prefference

Hi there,

-

The only way to remove an xbox live account from a Microsoft Account is by moving the xbox live account to another Microsoft Account.

See this link for the how to:

-

Be aware that an account can only be moved when of profile has been on a console for at least 30 days without being downloaded.
Thema:

1. Move XBox Live GamerTag to different Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Move Live GamerTag

2. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  3. I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?: I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it? 2189ec76-5b0e-41be-9ecf-c21e59727685
  4. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  5. Move xbox live account to a different gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live account to a different gamertag: Hi all, When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given his old 360 and games. However, when I sign in...
  6. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  7. How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I move my gamertag to an other live ID?: I have buyed a Xbox One S with an installed live ID account and gamertag. There are some games on the gamertag which I want to use with my own live ID. So I want a description what I have to do...
  8. How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to move a GamerTag to another Live Account if you don't own an Xbox 360?: So I have a gamertag tied to a very very old live account/email which is not used anymore. I have another Live account which is tied to my lifelong email that I will probably always use till I...
  9. Move xbox live gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move xbox live gamertag: So, over 10 years ago when xbox live first came out I had to make an xbox live gamertag using a live profile, which I did - only for my Xbox account. Last year, Windows 10 came out and I signed...
  10. Move Gamertag to another live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Gamertag to another live account?: Having some issues so not sure if anybody here has a resolution. (The support page for this topic doesn't seem to be centered around XBOX One which is my first and only XBOX I have - Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. assigning xnbox gamertag to my son

2. move xbox gamertag to a new account