Move xbox live account to a different gamertag

Discus and support Move xbox live account to a different gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkHirst2, Apr 1, 2020.

1. MarkHirst2
    MarkHirst2 Guest

Hi all,

When I set up the xbox 360, it was for my son, and I used my email address, as he didn't have one. Now he's got an xbox one, I've been given his old 360 and games. However, when I sign in to xbox live, I see his list of friends and achievements. Can I move
    my xbox live account to my own gamertag?

Thank you!

:)

MarkHirst2, Apr 1, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Email issues

Hi there,

-

you can NOT delete a xbox live account, you can only move it to a different Microsoft Account.

So you will need to move that unwanted xbox live account to a new (temporary) Microsoft Account and after that you will be able to move your GT (xbox live account) to that Microsoft Account.

Be aware that you can only move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Acocunt when it has been on a console for at least 30 days, without it being downloaded.

This link explains on how to move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft Account:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  3. WPAK Win User

change email

Hi there,

to be able to move the gamertag on your email account to his windows live id, you will first need to remove the 'other' gamertag on his live id (Microsoft Account).

This link describes on how to move a xbox live account, from one email (Microsoft Account) to another, it also contains steps when there is already a dofferent xbox live account present:

-

In short:

1. Download the 'other' gamertagto the console

2. Wait 30 days (A profile needs to be at least 30 days on a console, before it can be moved)

3. Move the 'other' gamertag (xbox live account) to a different Microsoft Account (email). This will free up his windows live id (Microsoft account)

4. Move the xbox live account on your email (MIcrosoft Account), to his live id (MIcrosoft Account)

-

That should be it, if there are any questions let us know
  4. WPAK Win User

a unique situation

Hi there,

So if I understand correctly, you would prefer your new xbox live account moved to the old email address. Correct?

The only way to remove a gamertag from an email address is by moving it to a different email address (Microsoft Account), but in order to do so, the account must be on a console for at least 30 days without it being downloaded in that period.

Besides that, replacing it with the new one, will also result in loss of the balance on the current account, since that would need to be moved too.

See the steps on how to move a xbox live account to a different email address and all restrictions etc here:

5. WPAK Win User

Xbox account transfer help

6. WPAK Win User

Need to disassociate Gamertag from my Mircorsoft account

Thema:

1. Move xbox live account to a different gamertag - Similar Threads - Move live account

2. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  3. how do i move my xbox live account to a new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i move my xbox live account to a new account: how do i move my xbox live account to a new account 76c0e321-b1c4-45f1-96db-bd9589ea24b4
  4. Want to move xbox live account to new microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to move xbox live account to new microsoft account: It is literally pulling teeth to try to get in touch with someone about this issue, so I filled out a general microsoft support request out of desperation (mod removed) that is probably going to...
  5. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  6. How do I move Xbox Live (3 mth sub) from my account to sons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I move Xbox Live (3 mth sub) from my account to sons?: Hi Made a mum error. I got a digital 3 mth one-off subscription from Amazon today and made the mistake of redeeming this on my microsoft account. Now when I log in there is no option to transfer...
  7. How do I move an Xbox Live account to another email? And unlink it with my account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I move an Xbox Live account to another email? And unlink it with my account?: I've been through these forums a dozen times. Many, many people have asked the same question and they all get the same bottled response that don't actually answer the question. I'm hoping my post...
  8. Any Way to Move Fortnite Skins to another Xbox Live Account??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any Way to Move Fortnite Skins to another Xbox Live Account??: My son has shared my Xbox Live account (two Xboxes) and so he has a bunch of Fortnite skins that he's earned/purchased. I learned about Whole Home and want to get us on separate Profiles so that...
  9. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  10. Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's): Hello, Currently my son lives at home and he has xbox360 (main account) and I have xboxone which we both were using his xbox live gold account. He is moving out and I need to set up my own xbox...