Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's)

Discus and support Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Currently my son lives at home and he has xbox360 (main account) and I have xboxone which we both were using his xbox live gold account. He is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sonmovingout, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Sonmovingout
    Sonmovingout Guest

Hello,

Currently my son lives at home and he has xbox360 (main account) and I have xboxone which we both were using his xbox live gold account. He is moving out and I need to set up my own xbox live gold account and I want to move my usertag to my new account,
    which of course my game usage stuff assigned to it.

I have a separate outlook email/password for my Usertag from the main account.

The questions is: Can I set up a new xbox live gold account and transfer my current Usertag to it so that my stuff under the usertag comes along with it?

Any other alternative options to keep my Usertag when he moves out. I have no problem setting up my own account, just don't want to have to start over on all the stuff.

Thanks,

Dad

:)

Sonmovingout, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. AridLizard Win User

Hello,

I have a separate outlook email/password for my Usertag from the main account.
    when you play on the Xbox One, do you use your own Usertag (associated with your Outlook email address) or do you use your son's Usertag/account?

if you use your own then when you get a new Xbox simply add/sign in with your Outlook email and password and you can continue with your Usertag and keep all game progress. no need to set up another account if you already have one ;)

just let the game(s) sync the save data when you start them up so they can download your progress from the cloud.

once you do that you can purchase Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate (or make use of the free trial and then the upgrade offer to get the most Live Gold for lowest outlay)

you can turn off recurring billing and manage your subscriptions at the following link

https://account.microsoft.com/services/

hope this helps
  4. Sonmovingout Win User

Ok, so if I change the usertag name I currently have under my son's main account...

then open up a new xbox gold live account on my xboxone and request my old name usertag, I have a chance of getting it? Will this add those other suffixes etc or will it be the same???

So, If I get that same usertag that I originally had; would that game usage stuff I have accumulated be available on it for that for a specific game???

Sorry, I am not all up on this stuff, hope that makes sense above. I really appreciate you helping me out here.

I really only play one game that I am concerned about which I have made it in the top 10 in country on the leaderboard for that game( just a section of it)...just want to keep enjoying that game and what I have accomplished on it. My thought is if I change
    my usertag then I can't play under that name and have to start all over on everything...ugh. Never thought I would be this into a game...lmao. Thanks for your help and patience!!!

and...do you have a link on how to change my original current usertag under my son's account?
  5. Smwutches Win User

6. Sonmovingout Win User

Wow, that is really bad.

If I delete my Usertag name out out of my son's main account and then open up my new account; can I get/request that specific name back or is that considered the same as a transfer?
Thema:

1. Move Usertag to new(dad) xbox live gold account from original(son's) - Similar Threads - Move Usertag dad

2. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  3. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  4. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  5. Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them: When on any screen, the buttons will try to go up and right. This is on both remotes with fresh batteries. For example, I'm trying in a code and it won't let me move it/stay. Ill move it down and...
  6. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  7. I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...: Tried changing dns servers, cloudflare and Google. Cat 6 Hard wired cable. OLED lg tv. Brand new a3307967-4de9-49fb-97df-3dcafc96f1f0
  8. I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the...: I accidently redeemed a Xbox gift card on the wrong xbox account. How can I move it to the right account? 59b4a262-5d54-40c0-ad9a-8d6c536af48f
  9. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  10. Xbox always broken sadly moving on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox always broken sadly moving on: onsole Issue Iv had an Xbox since the start but have always had issues with every console iv had. I'm a moderate gamer but gotten older and have a 9 year old boy now to play games with who is...