Move gamertag to another xbox account

Discus and support Move gamertag to another xbox account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my son started playing xbox we used my email address. Now I want to play xbox so I need to move his gamertag to his own email. Can this be done on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dr Crazy 99, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Dr Crazy 99
    Dr Crazy 99 Guest

When my son started playing xbox we used my email address. Now I want to play xbox so I need to move his gamertag to his own email. Can this be done on an Xbox One. I have had numerous chats with support, all very long duration and ultimately a waste of
    time. Basically, they direct me change the email associated with the Microsoft account but if I do that, I think I will lose access to the hotmail email address I have had for years. Changing the email associated with a gamertag I don't think is the same thing
    as moving the gamertag to a different profile.

Basically I want to reach a state where its all set up properly... I can use the family features of Xbox (add my son to my family etc).

:)

Dr Crazy 99, Jan 6, 2016
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 6, 2016
  3. PopehatXI
    PopehatXI Guest
    Move xbox gamertag to another microsoft account

I am looking to move my xbox gamertag/account to another Microsoft account. When I was growing up I had an xbox gamertag that I wish to keep using, however, it has been paired with my mother's Microsoft account which she uses for Office. I would like to
    switch my Xbox gamertag off her Microsoft account to my Microsoft account. This is implied to be possible, specifically on the Xbox 360. However, I do not have my Xbox 360. I have a PC, a new Xbox One S, and the passwords to both my mother's account and my
    new account.

PopehatXI, Jan 6, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

maxen, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Dr Crazy 99
    Dr Crazy 99 Guest
    I don't have the 360 anymore, thats part of the point of the question. I was hoping that in the absence of the feature in Xbox One, then microsoft would do this change for me on their side. Apparently not though. :-(.... theres got to be another way.. surely

Dr Crazy 99, Jan 6, 2016
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    The only other way - and it's a workaround rather than an actual solution - is what I believe you're referring to in your original post. You can change the primary email address of the Gamertag's Microsoft Account at
    https://account.microsoft.com, but that would actually change the email of *your* Microsoft Account and wouldn't really move the Gamertag onto your son's email address. It's an okay workaround when both
    email addresses are your own, but a far-from-ideal solution that I wouldn't recommend in this scenario.

I wish this feature were on Xbox One right now, because I've seen others with this too, but unfortunately it's not at the moment and, sadly, the best I can do at this juncture is point you to the Xbox Feedback site in the hopes that this gets added in future.

You can vote for ideas (because I'm almost certain it must already be there) at
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

I know this doesn't solve the problem, but I hope it helps somewhat.

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Moving Gamertag to another account

8. Dr Crazy 99 Win User

I don't have the 360 anymore, thats part of the point of the question. I was hoping that in the absence of the feature in Xbox One, then microsoft would do this change for me on their side. Apparently not though. :-(.... theres got to be another way.. surely
  9. maxen Win User

The only other way - and it's a workaround rather than an actual solution - is what I believe you're referring to in your original post. You can change the primary email address of the Gamertag's Microsoft Account at
    https://account.microsoft.com, but that would actually change the email of *your* Microsoft Account and wouldn't really move the Gamertag onto your son's email address. It's an okay workaround when both
    email addresses are your own, but a far-from-ideal solution that I wouldn't recommend in this scenario.

I wish this feature were on Xbox One right now, because I've seen others with this too, but unfortunately it's not at the moment and, sadly, the best I can do at this juncture is point you to the Xbox Feedback site in the hopes that this gets added in future.

You can vote for ideas (because I'm almost certain it must already be there) at
    http://feedback.xbox.com/

I know this doesn't solve the problem, but I hope it helps somewhat.
  10. maxen Win User

11. SgtMajorSp00n Win User

Switching microsoft accounts

Im trying to move one gamertag to another microsoft account on the same xbox, but you cant move the gamertag to the other account if the other account already has a profile, so i want to know if you can delete profiles on accounts or not,
Thema:

1. Move gamertag to another xbox account - Similar Threads - Move gamertag another

2. I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have moved back from USA to Australia. Old gamertag since 2010 but now the email no...: Old email for gamertag no longer works. How do I find my old gamertag (which has over 30,000 gamerpoints). I have tried to produce answers to security questions but don't have access to...
  3. Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do we still not have a way to move Xbox Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?: Bit of a long post here, but my patience has worn a bit thin on this issue. So I have a gamertag from years before Microsoft Accounts even became a thing, but it's stuck on an email I've never...
  4. Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving Gamertag from an old Microsoft Account to A New One: XBox 360 The email account associated with my Gamertag no longer exists and don’t have access to. But I do have the password. I’m attempting to move my account on my 360 system from the old...
  5. Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag from one xbox accout to another.: I've registered one xbox account a long ago with mine nickname and forgot about it. Now I have another primary account but unable to set mine nickname to it without adding tag number. I want to...
  6. Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my other gamertag/account (games, save files etc) to a different email: Hello, I have my old gamertag under a different email which belongs to my ex (i know, rookie move). I've had this account since forever, when Microsoft/Xbox merged the services. Essentially, can...
  7. Move gamertag to different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Move gamertag to different account: Hello, I am trying to move my wife's gamertag (and her progress) from my stepson's account to my account. He has cancelled his Game Pass. We aren't looking to transfer anything more then her...
  8. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...
  9. How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move an Xbox Live Gamertag to an existing Microsoft Account?: My Main Xbox Live Gamertag is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Microsoft Account. My Main Microsoft Account is currently associated to a throwaway/secondary Xbox Live Gamertag. I...
  10. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...: I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something...