Mouse pointer misaligned when video capturing the screen through Xbox game bar

Discus and support Mouse pointer misaligned when video capturing the screen through Xbox game bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use the Xbox game bar on my Win10 laptop to video capture some stuff on my screen for presentations. That stuff involves interactive prototypes of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SketchyPuff, Feb 15, 2022.

1. SketchyPuff
    SketchyPuff Guest

I use the Xbox game bar on my Win10 laptop to video capture some stuff on my screen for presentations. That stuff involves interactive prototypes of app designs which require me to click through to show it.

However, when I video capture it, the mouse pointer looks misaligned from where I actually clicked. How do I fix it so xbox game bar captures it in the correct position?

:)

SketchyPuff, Feb 15, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey SketchyPuff, how are you today? Hope you're well.

SketchyPuff, have you tried to reinstall the game bar?

Also there are a few things you could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gamebar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Am i able to post an image to my activity feed from outside xbox ?

No, screens and videos need to be captured via Xbox or the Xbox Game Bar on PC, otherwise the Xbox Live feed would be overloaded with memes and GIFs.
  4. Alucario Ultra Win User

Mouse goes off the game screen.

Try to check if there are any updates to your minecraft.

Normally, playing Minecraft in fullscreen restricts the mouse pointer to inside the game itself. However, on 1.8.2-pre5, you can move the mouse outside the usual zone, allowing you to click things in another
    window. When you do, however, the game minimizes (for it's not actually designed for windowed fullscreen.)

If you move the mouse out-of-bounds and back in, you cannot move it out again. You would need to close and open the GUI again for the glitch to repeat itself.

Unfortunately, I cannot get pictures of this, because Print Screen doesn't capture the mouse. I am uploading a screenshot, but I had to draw in a mouse pointer where mine was.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1) Launch Minecraft, switch to fullscreen mode (if not already in fullscreen)

2) Open a world (doesn't matter whether it's singleplayer or multiplayer)

3) Open any inventory, chat, or pause the game

4) Move the mouse pointer onto a secondary monitor. You will see that it can go out-of-bounds.

SEARCH TERMS USED:

"fullscreen"

"fullscreen inventory"

"mouse"

"fullscreen mouse"
  5. AlmasRetroChild Win User

can you say UNDER-POWERED weapon

It's like the mouse pointer on your pc or laptop. If you make the settings to where the mouse pointer shows trails then this is a good example. The host is the mouse pointer and what you're shooting at are the trails and not the mouse pointer itself. That's
    why it's not hard hitting a host that's running directly to the north or south of you but when it's in another direction it's tricky.
  6. TFMorgan Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection settings

In Windows 8 swipe in from the right edge or move the mouse pointer to the upper right corner and select settings from the charms bar while a game is open.
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer misaligned when video capturing the screen through Xbox game bar - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer misaligned

2. Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.: I own a 3500 Lochness mouse that had it's scroll wheel stop working recently. It was purchased Aug/2023 and it has a 3 year warranty. Local retailer pointed me to Microsoft's support since they...
  3. Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?

in XboX Insiders
    Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?: Hello Insiders Im part of Deta release and Im up to date so according to last changelogs I should be able to test keyboard / mouse beta through cloud gaming on browser :...
  4. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  5. Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem: I have a problem with the cloud, I joined the Xbox Insider program, but the option to play with mouse and keyboard does not appear, Halo Infinite, Age 2, and so on. Does anyone know the solution?...
  6. Mouse compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse compatibility: Hello i wanted to ask if the logitech g305 is compatible with xbox series s eb8f8e98-68d5-48c5-9bc7-df1136eadeca
  7. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  8. i can't accept another good game wasted: Ori series and login, framerate, mouse pointer issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't accept another good game wasted: Ori series and login, framerate, mouse pointer issues: so in "ori and the blind forest" (UWP), if running at over than or lower than 60 framerate, the game speed and animation will not synced or running at normal speed, for me that always cause game...
  9. Why is the on screen keyboard and mouse pointer popping up when on Xbox could gaming? And...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the on screen keyboard and mouse pointer popping up when on Xbox could gaming? And...: When I click in the left stick on my Xbox controller whilst it is connected to laptop it make the on screen keyboard pops up and the mouse pointer follows with the right stick i have the envy...
  10. Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mouse pointer jumps randomly in Minecraft version 1.8.9: The problem is that when i move my mouse in Minecraft 1.8.9 it randomly moves a few more pixel and it really annoying. I know how to fix it because i saw a YouTube video in the video the said go...