Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows?

Discus and support Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I just purchased Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord through the Xbox store website recently and the game made a clear distinction that one of the places... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IronDesert78576, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows?

So, I just purchased Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord through the Xbox store website recently and the game made a clear distinction that one of the places to play was through PC and use of the Xbox app. Went to check my library, it wasn't there, nor was it listed on the Xbox App store version. Am I missing something or am I stuck?

I would prefer to play it on PC rather than my Xbox One S and would like to experience the better performance, I just think it's rather inconvenient that I have to play it console when the game was listed on Xbox.com store page as playable on PC but turns out its not installable. Will there be a port in the future?

:)

IronDesert78576, Oct 26, 2022
  2. Ben W1 Win User

This is my thinking too.

A play anywhere title means you can fully access your save file accross both pc and console.

Without this feature, I am just fully expecting to play it on both platforms with seperate save files… just like Skyrim. This is a limitation most likely due separate types of mods, save types available between platforms.

Fingers crossed it’s cleared up soon.
  3. Ben W1 Win User

Hi, Sorry but I’m still a little confused here….

If I want the ability to play Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord on both my Xbox Series X and my PC – do I need to purchase 2 versions of the game? (console and PC)

I don’t see it advertised anywhere as a ‘Play Anywhere’ title, meaning playable on both places after purchase. Like you mention, it doesn’t even appear on the Xbox PC app.

I notice it mentions cloud saves, but this isn’t an indication that your save file is playable on both platforms.

I’m basiscally looking to only have to purchase it once and play on both devices – not fussed about save file accessible on both – game’s so good I’m happy to run 2 different playthroughs at once. 😊
  4. Ben W1 Win User

UPDATE - APOLOGIES FOR THE LENGTH. TYPING WHILE ON SUPPORT CALL WITH MICROSOFT. BUT RESOLVED IT!

So I took the plunge and purchased via the Microsoft store on my PC. Same as CentricTero the store now shows I own this game, when I click 'Install To' it gives me the instruction to download PC via Xbox app.... however, clicking the link gives me the same error screen and game is not in my library....

Decided to log issue with Xbox support, agent on the phone called replicating the issue... Agent on call confirmed that this should be an Xbox Play Anywhere title - told her that would be a bonus to be able to play save across 2 platforms but more interested in getting it actually installed on PC to start with :)

After placing me on hold to speak with her engineer for a considerable time they came back to advise I purchased the wrong version and to get a refund before purchasing it as a PC only version..... ??? I asked why as she just mentioned its supposed to be play anywhere but now informs its not.... :mad:

I try to go in the online microsoft store webpage to look for a PC only version to purchase (but mainly to call out potential BS) ..... cant find an option. Whenever I click on a link in microsoft store it always takes me back to Xbox store page.... Ask her to send me a link... sticks me back on hold.

Apparently there is a workaround to find the game in store

- Go to Windows search > Open Microsoft Store App > searches in top bar for game > game page presents install button for my PC!!! Game is now currently downloading....

Overall - Xbox support dont know why not via Xbox App presently or in library. Will post if actually 'Play Anywhere' when attempt later to access save accross platforms. Anyway, off to play on console. Add me if you like AceWhitey
  5. Nursemorph Win User

My apologies for misleading people. Nothing anywhere on the internet or on the Microsoft Store or MS pages indicate it's a Play Anywhere title and that is what I was basing my information off of as I wasn't prepared to buy a game just to check.

I have deleted my previous posts as they are quite clearly false and I will make it a point in future to stay out of threads about games I don't own. Again, my apologies
  6. CentricTero Win User

Oh!

No worries, it works like a dream on console!

W-well...
    It's less streamlined than Warband, (having to Press B on the map to change cursor types to select menus and all), but it's still worth your time!

I've already got a few dozen or so hours on my Xbox on the day of release!

This whole forum is about purchasing from the Microsoft store, (I did from my PC), and being unable to play it on Windows
Thema:

1. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord isn't available through Xbox via Windows? - Similar Threads - Mount Blade Bannerlord

2. How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Mount And Blade: Bannerlord Version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.4?: i Bought bannerlord from microsoft store how to change the version? in steam i can change by click on the beta version menu in properties thanks ed6752ad-21fd-4cd4-9a7e-1e7e6cf93fa1
  3. (XBOX Game Pass for PC) I can't access the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's main game files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (XBOX Game Pass for PC) I can't access the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's main game files: **As like in the title, I can't access to the main game files of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's main game files from XBOX app. I tried various ways I found on the Internet, I couldn't do it. The...
  4. I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot locate or access the main folder to Mount and Blade; Bannerlord (Game Pass PC): As the subject line says. I've searched the entire drive, tried to open the folder location through the Xbox game settings window, I tried to open the location in Task Manager; it does absolutely...
  5. Help with my Mount and Blade Bannerlord not launching.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my Mount and Blade Bannerlord not launching.: When I start the game after downloading on gamepass it opens the launcher but I can't interact with it. When I hover my mouse over it it just gives me the loading cursor. It sits like that for...
  6. Why is there so many updates for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there so many updates for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?: It feels like every 2 days there is a new update for the game above 20gb each time. I cannot even play it because it needs yet another update. Have done the whole uninstall reinstall but no luck,...
  7. Mount & Blade 2 on Game pass updated to ver 1.1.0 and then downgraded to 1.0.3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mount & Blade 2 on Game pass updated to ver 1.1.0 and then downgraded to 1.0.3: Hello to all Two days ago i got a message that i could update Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord to patch 1.1.0. I did the update (it was massive, almost 25 Gb) and played the game with the new...
  8. Does anyone know how to fix the Bannerlords Mount and blade 2, start up crashes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix the Bannerlords Mount and blade 2, start up crashes?: Mount and blade 2 Bannerlords crashes during initial start up. Digital copy owned. I've tried everything from uninstalling game and reinstalling. Done a Xbox system deletion of everything but...
  9. Can't access in-game menu in Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access in-game menu in Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord: When in game I can't click any of the icons on the bottom left of the screen. I am unable to level up my character or access quests or anything like that and I can't find anything about this on...
  10. Smart delivery on Mount and Blade 2, bannerlord

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Smart delivery on Mount and Blade 2, bannerlord: I know this game isn't showing as a play anywhere. But is shows as playable on pc. Will i need to buy 2 copy of this game? I play on both platforms 9e31fe97-5b8e-4d45-b8f2-de5fe365d21d