Motorola SB4200: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

Discus and support Motorola SB4200: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Motorola SB4200 (Modem): How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address hi, normally your router has an admin interface. you just have to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by HLRTundra4x4, Jun 23, 2019.

1. HLRTundra4x4
    HLRTundra4x4 Guest

Motorola SB4200 (Modem): How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address
    hi,
    normally your router has an admin interface. you just have to get the ip address. open the shell, if you have e.g. windows you can enter cmd in the search. then a small black window opens. there you enter ipconfig. under dns or standard gateway you should
    then see an ip address e.g. 192.168.178.1. you can then enter this ip address in your browser. and then it depends strongly on your router, where you can change this. mostly it is to be found under network, security or the same. i hope this helps you.

:)

HLRTundra4x4, Jun 23, 2019
  2. HLRTundra4x4 Win User

How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

Tried that, did not work. It is not showing an IP address, subnet mask or gateway. I have the IP addy....

I need the subnet mask and gateway configurations.

Can you help with That?
  3. Vqera Win User

How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

Try hard resetting it. Their should be a little button on the back of your router, push this for about ~30 seconds and that should do the trick.
  4. DerVaddi Win User

: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

hi,
    normally your router has an admin interface. you just have to get the ip address. open the shell, if you have e.g. windows you can enter cmd in the search. then a small black window opens. there you enter ipconfig. under dns or standard gateway you should
    then see an ip address e.g. 192.168.178.1. you can then enter this ip address in your browser. and then it depends strongly on your router, where you can change this. mostly it is to be found under network, security or the same. i hope this helps you.
  5. Rocklimb Win User

Can't connect to Live - no error code

Thanks for the replies.

My internet does indeed involve MAC filtering - the first time you use a computer directly with the modem, you arrive at a landing page. After the modem 'learns' that computer's MAC address (I've seen this page in the modem settings). MAC cloning of that
    learned address is how I get the modem to accept the router and is what I've already attempted with the Xbox 360 to no avail.

This wouldn't be an issue behind the router anyway, no? None of the devices behind the router with any random MAC addresses have problems getting to the internet. I'll look into the Xbox MAC cloning a little more closely at any rate and see if I've botched
    something somewhere...
  6. EL JEFE 0708 Win User

I have tried everything to connect. I need help!!!

I did try it last night. Still no luck...... Direct to the modem.

Here's the error:

Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem.

Your router or modem may not be automatically assigning an IP address.

On your PC, go to your router configuration webpage. Make sure DHCP is enabled and has a large enough address range for all devices on the network.

Also make sure that your router's MAC filtering allows your console's MAC address or is disabled. Your console'sMAC address is 7CED8D37F58D

Get help with DHCP and MAC filtering at www.xbox.com/networkhelp.
Thema:

1. Motorola SB4200: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address - Similar Threads - Motorola SB4200 router

2. : Has any one figured out why my motorola router wont allow me to connect to xbox live?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Has any one figured out why my motorola router wont allow me to connect to xbox live?: : Has any one figured out why my motorola router wont allow me to connect to xbox live? Ive noticed one other thread where the user FrozenRange1989 describes not being able to connect to...
  3. Motorola e6 android xcloud beta ISSue

in XboX Insiders
    Motorola e6 android xcloud beta ISSue: I'm not able to pair up with my Xbox one controller I am aware of there being a model of smartphone that may not be able to support the xcloud really though at least figure out if I am actually...
  4. Console streaming doesn't respond fully while using the Moto GamePad for the Motorola Z phone

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming doesn't respond fully while using the Moto GamePad for the Motorola Z phone: submitted by /u/Donnymane88 [link] [comments]
  5. Motorola: Cable box not recognized

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Motorola: Cable box not recognized: Motorola (Set-top Boxes): Cable box not recognized If you're trying to get IRBlaster remote code so your Console can manipulate the cable box, you should be able to take a look at the instruction...
  6. Motorola/Netopia Motorola 2210-02-1022: Motorola MB7420

Motorola/Netopia Motorola 2210-02-1022: Motorola MB7420: Motorola/Netopia (Modems/Gateways) Motorola 2210-02-1022: Motorola MB7420 Hey there TonelessMonk1! I'm unable to confirm whether or not it is compatible with the Xbox, for that you would have to...
  7. Motorola: Can’t connect too Xbox Live

Motorola: Can’t connect too Xbox Live: Motorola (Routers): Can’t connect too Xbox Live Hi there, I must ask. Lol How you tried to reset your console or tried to see if you could get the internet ? b6035738-529c-4cb4-853c-7253519990e0
  8. Motorola/Netopia: need assistant NAT shows unavailable instead of open moderate or strict

Motorola/Netopia: need assistant NAT shows unavailable instead of open moderate or strict: Motorola/Netopia (Modems/Gateways): need assistant NAT shows unavailable instead of open moderate or strict [img] ec89a1ea-3afe-494a-86b3-0613417285fb
  9. Motorola/Netopia: Connection

Motorola/Netopia: Connection: Motorola/Netopia (Modems/Gateways): Connection Me and my friend are in the same party for a minute then both routers crash and then we can't connect but we can be in the same game...
  10. Motorola/Netopia: How to open your NAT with the Motorola SBG6782 and prob any other modem

Motorola/Netopia: How to open your NAT with the Motorola SBG6782 and prob any other modem: Motorola/Netopia (Modems/Gateways): How to open your NAT with the Motorola SBG6782 and prob any other modem Assign a static IP address to your xbox. Apply said IP address into the DMZ option in...