Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

Discus and support Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter). The issue I'm having is when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest

Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter).

The issue I'm having is when I have my PC and Xbox both connected to my monitor at the same time (PC via DVI). My Xbox sound will play, but I receive no video signal. When I disconnect my PC, the Xbox video shows up. My knowledge of video sourcing is very
    limited, and I'm at wit's end trying to figure this out. Countless Youtube videos and support forums have lead me nowhere.

Is there a way I can have my PC and Xbox connected to my monitor, while still using my audio adapter? (I get both audio and video through monitor still with HDMI, but it seems to clash somewhere amidst the HDMI, DVI, and Audio Adapter. Any suggestions are
    greatly appreciated!

-

:)

Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Nutella TM
    Nutella TM Guest
    Audio issue

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I don’t own a tv I use a monitor and I don’t have any external speakers I could test with, I do multiple device plugged into my Xbox I use a hdmi splitter so I can have my console and computer connected to the
    monitor and I have a 1 tb drive plugged in as well.

Nutella TM, Jan 5, 2014
  3. HDMI Causing System to Reset

I have my Xbox 360 connected to my monitor via HDMI through an HDMI splitter. Whenever I switch to another device that's also connected to the splitter, it resets the console. None of my other devices do this, just the Xbox 360. Is there a way to prevent
    this?

Jobert Atienza, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

x10K Tat 1664x, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest
    I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

Munkfist, Oct 31, 2018
  6. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox :(
  7. Munkfist Win User

I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. :(
  8. Starseid Win User

Why won’t my monitor run 1440p 120hz on Xbox Series X?

What monitor model are you using and is it directly connected to the monitor or through another device (Receivers, Headset Passthrough)?
  9. deane199 Win User

multiple monitors

The short answer is you don't. It does not properly support multiple monitors at this time.
  10. Farscape247 Win User

see my pc through my xbox

you can plug any hdmi device into the input hdmi on xbox, i used to use my ps4 then my pc on it as back then my monitor only had 1 hdmi. i have even added a hdmi switch to the input on the xbox and had multiple devices connected, just means using more electric though as it is not a passive pasthrough and the xbox must be powered on.
Thema:

1. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. - Similar Threads - Monitor Multiple Devices

2. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  3. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  4. Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...: So I have a request/question is it possible to make an Xbox One compatible with two TVs to make it in ultra wide monitor??? I was just curious and I intend on making my Xbox One have multiple...
  5. Monitor not reading HDMI output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not reading HDMI output: Hello, I've been using my computer for about four years, and the monitor has recently started freezing regularly. It will freeze, and then the monitor will go black and say there is no HDMI...
  6. Monitor not compatible with xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not compatible with xbox?: Recently, my monitor hasn't been connecting with my Xbox for some strange reason. When i connect my monitor to my laptop, my monitor turns on just fine, however once i plug it into my Xbox, my...
  7. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  8. Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox?: I have been researching for the answer to this and they're all mixed. I've bought an HDMI to mac adapter. When I put it in the mac nothing comes up I can't change the source as many websites and...
  9. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  10. why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc?: hi, whenever i open my pc my monitor goes all black apart from the top bit. i cant seem to find the fix. i tried to do a ddu but that didnt work so now im stuck, idk what to do plz help,....