Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

Discus and support Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter). The issue I'm having is when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest

Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter).

The issue I'm having is when I have my PC and Xbox both connected to my monitor at the same time (PC via DVI). My Xbox sound will play, but I receive no video signal. When I disconnect my PC, the Xbox video shows up. My knowledge of video sourcing is very
    limited, and I'm at wit's end trying to figure this out. Countless Youtube videos and support forums have lead me nowhere.

Is there a way I can have my PC and Xbox connected to my monitor, while still using my audio adapter? (I get both audio and video through monitor still with HDMI, but it seems to clash somewhere amidst the HDMI, DVI, and Audio Adapter. Any suggestions are
    greatly appreciated!

-

:)

Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Nutella TM
    Nutella TM Guest
    Audio issue

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I don’t own a tv I use a monitor and I don’t have any external speakers I could test with, I do multiple device plugged into my Xbox I use a hdmi splitter so I can have my console and computer connected to the
    monitor and I have a 1 tb drive plugged in as well.

Nutella TM, Jan 5, 2014
  3. HDMI Causing System to Reset

I have my Xbox 360 connected to my monitor via HDMI through an HDMI splitter. Whenever I switch to another device that's also connected to the splitter, it resets the console. None of my other devices do this, just the Xbox 360. Is there a way to prevent
    this?

Jobert Atienza, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

x10K Tat 1664x, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest
    I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

Munkfist, Oct 31, 2018
  6. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox :(
  7. Munkfist Win User

I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. :(
  8. Starseid Win User

Why won’t my monitor run 1440p 120hz on Xbox Series X?

What monitor model are you using and is it directly connected to the monitor or through another device (Receivers, Headset Passthrough)?
  9. deane199 Win User

multiple monitors

The short answer is you don't. It does not properly support multiple monitors at this time.
  10. Farscape247 Win User

see my pc through my xbox

you can plug any hdmi device into the input hdmi on xbox, i used to use my ps4 then my pc on it as back then my monitor only had 1 hdmi. i have even added a hdmi switch to the input on the xbox and had multiple devices connected, just means using more electric though as it is not a passive pasthrough and the xbox must be powered on.
Thema:

1. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. - Similar Threads - Monitor Multiple Devices

2. So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if...: So i just found a cheap monitor thats 200$ that has 165 hz 1440p 1 ms but I wanna know if the series X can run that? 253cf96c-8825-42f9-b64d-b2ae9c0cdcb3
  3. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  4. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  5. Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox displays 1440p option for 1080p monitor: I got a new xbox series s and I was messing with the display settings until I found that it shows me 1440p as an option in display settings in xbox on my 1080@120hz monitor but only in 60hz and...
  6. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  7. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  8. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  9. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  10. dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    dell p2014h monitor not getting picture from xbox one s: hi, I found a hdmi/display port cord and nothing is turning up. is my monitor just too old? it could also be the console, as I don't have anything else to plug it in to see lol thank you for any...