Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

Discus and support Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter). The issue I'm having is when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest

Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter).

The issue I'm having is when I have my PC and Xbox both connected to my monitor at the same time (PC via DVI). My Xbox sound will play, but I receive no video signal. When I disconnect my PC, the Xbox video shows up. My knowledge of video sourcing is very
    limited, and I'm at wit's end trying to figure this out. Countless Youtube videos and support forums have lead me nowhere.

Is there a way I can have my PC and Xbox connected to my monitor, while still using my audio adapter? (I get both audio and video through monitor still with HDMI, but it seems to clash somewhere amidst the HDMI, DVI, and Audio Adapter. Any suggestions are
    greatly appreciated!

-

:)

Munkfist, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Nutella TM
    Nutella TM Guest
    Audio issue

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I don’t own a tv I use a monitor and I don’t have any external speakers I could test with, I do multiple device plugged into my Xbox I use a hdmi splitter so I can have my console and computer connected to the
    monitor and I have a 1 tb drive plugged in as well.

Nutella TM, Jan 5, 2014
  3. HDMI Causing System to Reset

I have my Xbox 360 connected to my monitor via HDMI through an HDMI splitter. Whenever I switch to another device that's also connected to the splitter, it resets the console. None of my other devices do this, just the Xbox 360. Is there a way to prevent
    this?

Jobert Atienza, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

x10K Tat 1664x, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Munkfist
    Munkfist Guest
    I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. :(

Munkfist, Oct 31, 2018
  6. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

hi munkfist, i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play
    xbox :(
  7. Munkfist Win User

I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. :(
  8. Starseid Win User

Why won’t my monitor run 1440p 120hz on Xbox Series X?

What monitor model are you using and is it directly connected to the monitor or through another device (Receivers, Headset Passthrough)?
  9. deane199 Win User

multiple monitors

The short answer is you don't. It does not properly support multiple monitors at this time.
  10. Farscape247 Win User

see my pc through my xbox

you can plug any hdmi device into the input hdmi on xbox, i used to use my ps4 then my pc on it as back then my monitor only had 1 hdmi. i have even added a hdmi switch to the input on the xbox and had multiple devices connected, just means using more electric though as it is not a passive pasthrough and the xbox must be powered on.
Thema:

1. Monitor with Multiple Devices connected. - Similar Threads - Monitor Multiple Devices

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz: I have a 1440p 165hz monitor curved and it wont do 1440p at 120hz alot of people are saying its because its actually 119.88 or whatever but my monitor works when its 1080p 120hz so i dont get how...
  6. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  7. Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...: i just want to know if i can have my cousins monitor transfer whats going on on his screen to mine using a doouble sided vga cable a77495bc-7272-4995-90d1-fbd54e9775ff
  8. How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?: All of the cables are plugged in and the xbox turns on and allows controllers to connect to it. we've already tried changing cables and that doesn't work. it just does not display to my monitor...
  9. How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?: Ive been using my memory on how the xbox menu looks to navigate it, but ive been having trouble connecting the app to the console. It's just stuck on the "Turn on your console and sign in with...
  10. Monitor keeps going black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor keeps going black: Monitor keeps turning black for 4 seconds every minute at least but it depends what game I’m playing where it does it more on not 252f383e-8db2-4fec-974e-d59f67bcbef9