Mojang account migration issues (accounts merged?)

Discus and support Mojang account migration issues (accounts merged?) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am getting so INSANELY tired of the way Microsoft support works. I am having a great deal of trouble just trying to get through to an actual... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 7uppi, Dec 22, 2022.

1. 7uppi
    7uppi Guest

I am getting so INSANELY tired of the way Microsoft support works. I am having a great deal of trouble just trying to get through to an actual Microsoft employee.

Now I will try my luck here, hoping that someone can help me through this.

Back when I migrated the Mojang account of my kid, I used one of my email accounts which I believed had not been used. To my surprise, it turned out that my other kid had already used this mail to somewhat create an account. As far as I know, minecraft hasn't been bought on this account before migration. There were however a minecraft username. I cannot explain how this has been done.

Now, since I migrated the mojang account, with one username, to a microsoft account with another, something looks to have gone wrong. The username originally configured on the microsoft account, is what is used. Not too big a deal I thought, since my thought was that I could just change it to the old account name. When I try to change it, I am however told that the username is already in use.

When I try to look up the username using namemc.com, the old account name (and skin) is still there.

Since I believe this is an error, or at the very least hope that someone can explain what happened (and hopefully what to do), I reached out to Mojang support. They told me to contact microsoft support, since the account already looked to have been migrated. I have tried this on/off for the last month. Simply giving up in the end, because I cannot figure out a way how.

The virtual agent is of no use what so ever, and when it finally gives me other options to get in contact with a real person, I choose 'request a call'. Here I input my country code (Denmark) as well as my number. Then I am simply told that an error occurred. I don't see any other way of reaching out to microsoft other than this?

Does anyone know of a (working) way to get in contact with microsoft support? Or even better, how to fix this problem?

It should be noted that I don't appear to still be in possession of the order confirmation from Mojang, from when the account was bought. I am unsure of whether or not I ever received one, since I rarely delete anything from my mailbox. That, and the fact I still got a mail from the mojang account creation leads me to this thought. This mail is dated to March of 2020.

I have tried my best to include everything needed. If I am missing anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

:)

7uppi, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Minecraft Login

Well Mojang migrated accounts to merge them, maybe that's what happened!
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello 7uppi,

Thank you for sharing full details about your issue. We appreciate that you constantly mention Minecraft Java Username as the one you are having issues with. That only means you would like Carl to (not real name) use the Username for Minecraft that previously had. Let alone the Username for Minecraft of Ida (not real name) should not be merged to Carl (not real name).

As your support advisor, I would recommend you to contact the support that will know about Minecraft Username. Kindly contact support using this link: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,

4. 7uppi Win User

Hi Kathy.

Sorry about my late reply. Christmas and new year has been busy.

To make the following a bit easier to understand, I will refer to my kids as Carl and Ida.

What happened is; I bought minecraft for Carl using a mojang account. Here I created one with one of my emails. I do have another mail, which is the one I believed to not have been used for anything minecraft related.

However, when I tried to migrate Carls mojang account, to a microsoft account, using my secondary mail account - it sure does look like my other kid Ida, had tried to use this for some minecraft related stuff, since this mail was the one used on her PC. With this I mean that Carls minecraft java username, looks to have not been transferred correctly, since his java username has changed to a username I think Ida has made at one point. This I tried to change back to Carls original username, but this I am not allowed to do.

That is basically what I am asking for. Is it possible to somehow free up Carls original username, so that I can change his current (mircosoft) java username back to his original?
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello 7uppi,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We understand that you have questions about the Mojang account migration to Microsoft account. Just to set your expectation, Microsoft account is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can in helping you with the process.

We notice that you allowed your child to use one of your accounts for migration. One of the main reasons why the migration for Mojang account happen is to ensure that everyone can secure the account. If you have created the email as to your child's account with appropriate and correct information, then you may add that account of your child to be part of a Microsoft Family.

If any case, you are seeing a username on Minecraft website this might be related to Minecraft Java. Either this is your Minecraft Java account or your other child's account but this email you have has an account with Minecraft already. However, if you are referring to your account (that you will provide for your child) has an existing Xbox GamerTag then that account is not yet account related to Minecraft. To continue migrating your child's account please check the guide here - How to Migrate Your Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account – Home (minecraft.net).

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Ender Knight55g Win User

Since i migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account i can only play the demo version of minecraft does anyone know how to fix that?

Hi, I have the same issue but what do you mean when the migration isn't successful? Because I merged my account a few months back and it worked just fine but with java and bedrock being one, it just mentions I have to pay again and it's not like I can try again because my Mojang account doesn't exist anymore, and has already merged.
Thema:

1. Mojang account migration issues (accounts merged?) - Similar Threads - Mojang account migration

2. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  3. How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?: How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now? 853b0d7c-030e-45e5-8ecd-e6f95b101e6b
  4. i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago: hi all, i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago but havent played in a while. today i saw the notification about account migration before 19Sep, but i believe i dont...
  5. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  6. Problem migrating my Mojang account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem migrating my Mojang account: I can't migrate Mojang my account. I only have until Dec 18. When I try to migrate it comes up with this message "We couldn’t complete the request successfully. This Mojang account is not...
  7. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  8. I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...: I have tried multiple times but It just wont let me migrate. I have even tried making new microsoft account and that still doesn't work. It says something like "It seems you are not elligible"...
  9. mojang account migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mojang account migration: I migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account although apparently the account doesn't own Minecraft. What can I do? f8aca8c1-debd-43bb-9d42-0f56c8971d51
  10. Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...: A couple years back I wanted to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did I tied a gmail account an outlook account, but the outlook account already was used for a Mojang...