Modern Warfare crash when launch campaign

Discus and support Modern Warfare crash when launch campaign in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a disk version of modern Warfare. After installing all updates and packages. The games crash after choosing campaign. Best Regards... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sharon Dahan2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Modern Warfare crash when launch campaign

Hi,

I have a disk version of modern Warfare. After installing all updates and packages. The games crash after choosing campaign.

Best Regards

:)

Sharon Dahan2, Mar 18, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Sharon. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select Modern Warfare, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.

Solution 3: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select Modern Warfare, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Since you have tried all the possible steps here to sort out the issue. There seems to be an issue with the game only. Would it be fine if you can try contacting Activision support for further advice? You will need to report the bug to them so that they can provide a fix for it. You can contact them using this link, https://support.activision.com/options.
  4. Sharon Dahan2 Win User

Hi, i did it all to the factory reset.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Can’t play COD MW Campaign

Can you please validate if these packs are installed:

Modern Warfare - Campaign Pack 1

Modern Warfare - Campaign Pack 2

Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Pack

Modern Warfare - Special Ops Pack 1
  6. isturbo1984 Win User

best call of duty

Well the Modern Warfare series and Black Ops series are each trilogies. So I'd suggest start with the first when it comes to the campaign. I liked the actual Black Ops story better--its different and more unique, but when it comes to an overall enjoyable
    campaign, I like the Modern Warfare games the best.

Modern Warfare trilogy:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Modern Warfare 2

3. Modern Warfare 3

Black Ops trilogy:

1. Call of Duty: World at War (prequel)

2. Black Ops

3. Black Ops II (Nov. 2012 release)
Thema:

1. Modern Warfare crash when launch campaign - Similar Threads - Modern Warfare crash

2. My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: I recently replaced my RTX 3080 with a 4080 Super, and it works fine with other games, except sometimes when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I ran into an error on Hogwarts Legacy a...
  3. Memory error Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Memory error Modern Warfare 3: Hi not sure if anyone can help I keep getting memory error every couple of games. I have enough storage so it's nothing to do with storage, never had this problem on any other COD. Things I've...
  4. Modern Warfare (2009) on Series S Online Server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warfare (2009) on Series S Online Server: I’m trying to play Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox series s. I currently have the game pass ultimate and to my understanding I don’t need to purchase Xbox live because of the ultimate pass....
  5. Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not access data center on modern warfare 3 , have read replies , privacy settings are...: Can not access data center from modern warfare 3 have Xbox live gold game pass and settings are correct , please help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Store and subscriptions / Xbox Live Gold*...
  6. My modern warfare profile got deleted with none of my progress, levels, classes, and etc....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My modern warfare profile got deleted with none of my progress, levels, classes, and etc....: MW2 Progress not saved. I need help because I had MW2 for a while and played it a lot but then i didn’t play any of it for months. when i found out mw3 was out i was inspired to play war zone...
  7. Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download an add on, in modern warfare?: To play modern warfare it tells me to download all the add-ons, but there is one which i cannot download. I can press install and see it in queue but when it starts to download it says update the...
  8. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 crashes Xbox while loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 crashes Xbox while loading: Every time I try and run COD MW3 it gets up to downloading weapon blueprints and crashes. The xbox has to be turned off by unplugging it from the mains to reset it. I've tried every fix that I can...
  9. Call of duty modern warfare . Campaign crashed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty modern warfare . Campaign crashed: Is anyone else having this issue? every time I load up the campaign, it loads the campaign menu for a split second, then my MW restarts. I have tried resetting, uninstalling the packs and...
  10. Modern Warfare 2 (2009) Multiplayer Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern Warfare 2 (2009) Multiplayer Crash: Everytime I try to join an online Multiplayer game in the OG Modern Warfare 2 (2009) it is able to go the full distance of the loading bar, it makes a buzzing sound and crashes every single time....