Modern Warfare 2 campaign rests to Xbox Home Screen

Discus and support Modern Warfare 2 campaign rests to Xbox Home Screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to load a save game in the campaign of Modern Warfare 2 and it keeps resetting to the Xbox Home Screen. Online play works fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RogerMarshall3, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Modern Warfare 2 campaign rests to Xbox Home Screen

I am trying to load a save game in the campaign of Modern Warfare 2 and it keeps resetting to the Xbox Home Screen. Online play works fine.

:)

RogerMarshall3, Dec 9, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello RogerMarshall3,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties loading your saved game in MW2. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • When did the issue started?
    • Changes made before the issue appeared.
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Try to check if the game file is corrupted

"Saved game corrupted" error occurs when you try to play a saved game on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

Important You can’t recover a corrupted saved game file. To protect other content, you must delete the corrupted file.

To determine if the saved game is corrupted, follow these steps:

1. Select Settings > System > Storage.
    2. Select the storage location, and then press the A button.
    3. Select Games and Apps, and then press the A button.
    4. Select the game, and then press the A button.
    5. Select the saved game, and then press the A button.

Note A corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation point.
    6. If the saved game file is corrupted, delete the corrupted file. To do this, select Delete.
    Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Can’t play COD MW Campaign

Can you please validate if these packs are installed:

Modern Warfare - Campaign Pack 1

Modern Warfare - Campaign Pack 2

Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Pack

Modern Warfare - Special Ops Pack 1
  5. HotCakeX Win User

Call of duty modern warfare

6. isturbo1984 Win User

best call of duty

Well the Modern Warfare series and Black Ops series are each trilogies. So I'd suggest start with the first when it comes to the campaign. I liked the actual Black Ops story better--its different and more unique, but when it comes to an overall enjoyable
    campaign, I like the Modern Warfare games the best.

Modern Warfare trilogy:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Modern Warfare 2

3. Modern Warfare 3

Black Ops trilogy:

1. Call of Duty: World at War (prequel)

2. Black Ops

3. Black Ops II (Nov. 2012 release)
Thema:

1. Modern Warfare 2 campaign rests to Xbox Home Screen - Similar Threads - Modern Warfare campaign

2. Why is campaign locked on my modern warfare 3 Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is campaign locked on my modern warfare 3 Xbox one: Why is my new call of duty modern warfare 3 game campaign mode locked when I own the physical game I need y’all to fix this game please unlock everything f32ba5a2-8291-4a3e-83e0-beee361b3f89
  3. Why can’t I play Modern Warfare 2019 campaign anymore even though I already bought it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play Modern Warfare 2019 campaign anymore even though I already bought it?: So I wanted to play the Modern Warefare campaign but every time I click on it, it says I need to buy the digital standard version. But the thing is I already bought Modern Warfare when it came...
  4. I can't play the campaign COD modern warfare (2019) digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the campaign COD modern warfare (2019) digital: Hello, I have purchased COD modern warfare 2019 digital, I have installed and uninstalled it several times with all the ad-ons and I still cannot play the campaign mode and it tells me to buy the...
  5. Modern warfare III will not allow me access to campaign, and it says that I paid for it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Modern warfare III will not allow me access to campaign, and it says that I paid for it: I am trying to play the campaign for modern warfare. It will not allow me to access it, even though it says I have paid for it. c469f3f0-57ec-4459-9577-f0d7f531c181
  6. I pre-ordered cross gen for Modern warfare 3 and I can’t play campaign are there any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-ordered cross gen for Modern warfare 3 and I can’t play campaign are there any fixes?: I preordered the the cross gen edition for modern warfare 3 but it won’t let me play campaign cca97cdc-ff93-4583-8dc8-b20041480d78
  7. Call of duty modern warfare . Campaign crashed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty modern warfare . Campaign crashed: Is anyone else having this issue? every time I load up the campaign, it loads the campaign menu for a split second, then my MW restarts. I have tried resetting, uninstalling the packs and...
  8. Why can't i play Modern Warfare 2019 campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i play Modern Warfare 2019 campaign: Hi, so i installed the game the second time because i wanted to play campaign again but now it doesn't let me play, it says that i need to purchase the game even tho i played it before ( the...
  9. Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.: I checked the add ons, as well as the Game Installs section in the Modern Warfare settings, and both of them say that I have the Campaign Pack installed, but whenever I start the game up, all I...
  10. Modern warfare 2019 only giving me the option for warzone and not campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare 2019 only giving me the option for warzone and not campaign: I’ve downloaded every single pack and add on available, and it will not allow me to play campaign or multiplayer and instead tells me i can only play warzone. ad7e3f5f-4af5-4aa0-abaf-ddd1d8d54455