modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

Discus and support modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time i open any video app on 360 the modem restarts. it does this with nothing else just like netflix, cinema now, history ets... if its a video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D5 AD1 MERLIN, Jan 2, 2014.

1. modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

Every time i open any video app on 360 the modem restarts. it does this with nothing else just like netflix, cinema now, history ets... if its a video app it shuts the modem off to reset and lose connection totally. no multiplayer issues, in any game..
    open nat... i have a cisco Dc3925 modem and its a direct connection in xbox... not wireless

:)

D5 AD1 MERLIN, Jan 2, 2014
  2. fairplay32
    fairplay32 Guest
    X1 Desperate Help !!

I had it where the xbox shut off when trying to plays games I unplugged it waited a few minutes and plugged it in...trying resetting the modem and router...also if your on wifi if you can hard wire it

fairplay32, Jan 2, 2014
  3. jehadabeed
    jehadabeed Guest
    How to turn off XBOX ONE S !

Thx Guys ,

When u put ur xbox on Instant mode when u turn it off "Like from the controller" it stays some how 1/2 on expecting voice commands , but when u totally shuts it off or switch it to power saving mode it shuts off completely "And there is no sound there"

modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. :)

jehadabeed, Jan 2, 2014
  4. DSTRBD FFMEDIC Win User

Can no longer connect multiple in house consoles for MP Destiny ..

GrainAx Have you been able to connect yet. Usually if they push an update I would shut down the two xbox's full reboot and when you shut them off reset modem and router modem then router
  5. Photonimus Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Just a note, when you plug the cable in, you need to reset your modem or the xbox wont read it.

Plug it in, shut off your modem for 30 seconds and power it up again.
  6. i JOKER i Win User

Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

I'm having the same problem with all video apps... Freezes the sound stutters and then shuts off... With Netflix it show cannot play video then shuts off.
  7. paulsmid Win User

cant connect to live

so i found the asnwer.

Had to do a total rebbot of the modem to factory settings and then build my hole network opagain from the ground up took me 2 hours but now i can join live again.

Maybee a tip fore the wizzard did you reboot the modem(total reboot in the modem self not switching it off!switching off doesnt reset the modem!!!!)
  8. Spenserm Win User

MW

The same issue happens when I try to view the games with gold video. It will shut my Xbox completely off and do a hard reset. I own an Xbox One S.
Thema:

modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app.

1. modem totally shuts off and resets only when open any video app. - Similar Threads - modem totally shuts

2. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  3. Xbox cannot find new modem ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot find new modem ip address: I just got a centurylink C4000LZ modem and my xbox 360 cannot find the ip address. I have tried rebooting and hard reboot. I don't want an ethernet cable connect. Has anyone else had this issue?...
  4. should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?: should traffic in be allowed for xbox360 in modem firewall settings? f6b91e7d-394a-44ca-aabc-055c5177d841
  5. Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router: Anyone tell me how to setup port mapping and port triggering on a Hughes net modem/router so I can get rid of double Nat and can play multiplayer online with my Xbox one I asked my ISP they told...
  6. Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed.

in XboX Insiders
    Download speed with new modem is 1/10 original speed.: Long story short, I recently upgraded my internet but in the process received a new modem. My old internet speed was 500mbps and my Xbox One downloaded at 150-200mbps, my new speed is 1000mbps and...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: ONLY when I go to watch YouTube on the xbox one for just seconds to minutes I lose connection and when I check the modem, all but one light (power)is out, of 5 lights on the modem. It doesn't...
  9. Xbox series s will disconnect from wifi, already tried NAT, DNS, console reset, modem reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s will disconnect from wifi, already tried NAT, DNS, console reset, modem reset...: Xbox series s will keep disconnecting from wifi. I have already tried all t.shoot steps. No matter what the issue persists. This is a brand new console. All other devices don't have any issues,...
  10. Fix for Telstra 5G modems(sim)- open Nat and UPnP successful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix for Telstra 5G modems(sim)- open Nat and UPnP successful: Hey guys, I have a fix for the new 5G modems gen 2 plus may help with other modems. After spending a day or two trying to get my Xbox from moderate NAT to Open and UPnP not successful to be...