Mobile Wifi & Xbox Live connectivity - 4G, dongle, sim card, Vodafone, huawei r216

Discus and support Mobile Wifi & Xbox Live connectivity - 4G, dongle, sim card, Vodafone, huawei r216 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Just wanted to give a heads up with anyone wanting to use Mobile Wifi along with Xbox Live, and if anyone has any recommendations on how to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dodge 87 DJ, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Dodge 87 DJ
    Dodge 87 DJ Guest

Mobile Wifi & Xbox Live connectivity - 4G, dongle, sim card, Vodafone, huawei r216

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a heads up with anyone wanting to use Mobile Wifi along with Xbox Live, and if anyone has any recommendations on how to improve this etc.

Main reason: I moved out of my ex's, renting with a mate, but didnt want to commit to a 12/18 months internet package again.

I don't do any competitive gaming, bar a few games of Rocket League/Destiny with my mates.

So i tried the Huawei R216 - on Vodafone, 30GB a month for £25 a month (no contract!)

So far its been great on Destiny for doing missions and some Crucible. The only issue Ive really had is every 30mins to an hour, it drops me out of Destinys servers. So mid-game this can be a little annoying. However reconnects in no time and just have to
    start again.

I will update this post later on with how other games compare.

If anyone can recommend a fast router/more secure way to connect, id be happy to hear =]

Destiny

Issues: Occasional drop out every half an hour or so

Data Usage: Approx 350mb p/h (2 games of PVP + some planet missions)

Rocket League

Issues:

Data Usage:

Battlefield 1

Issues:

Data Usage:

:)

Dodge 87 DJ, Oct 13, 2017
  2. After switching to new dongle, it now won't connect via the laptop as it has been doing for past year no problems. Desperate for help!

It's a Huawei E3231 HSPA+ Dongle. As far as I'm aware, it's 4G (at least 3G, anyway). It's via the 3 mobile company.

Yes, I have gone through the original setup process. I did uninstall it when I tried the original dongle, but when that didn't work I uninstalled that & reinstalled the new dongle.

To save you time, is there any way I cam send you screenshots of my set up (you may be able to spot something straight away)?

Once again, I massively appreciate all this help you're giving me, I really appreciate it Mobile Wifi & Xbox Live connectivity - 4G, dongle, sim card, Vodafone, huawei r216 :)

Johnny Cash MIB, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Firefly1984
    Firefly1984 Guest
    games and apps not downloading

The account is not part of the insider program . Its connect through a 4g Huawei router. The xbox is connected by 5g wifi.

the download speed does not improve if I switch to wired.

Firefly1984, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Embaz Win User

0x87e00005 installation stopped all games

I have a three mobile contract and a three home broadband contract. The home broadband router is a Huawei Cube. I can not download any games from xbox live with 4g signal only apps and Minecraft. With 3g signal game downloads work. I have just put the
    three home broadband sim card into my dual sim phone and set it as a mobile wifi hotspot. I tried to download a game from xbox live using home broadband sim, got same installation stopped message. Switched over to my mobile sim and it instantly started to
    download game. I think that proves the point three seem to be definitely blocking downloads from home broadband contracts. Absolutely disgusted with this company and their customer service. I plan on going to watchdog and ofcom if they try to charge me to
    leave my contract.
  5. Firefly1984 Win User

games and apps not downloading

The account is not part of the insider program . Its connect through a 4g Huawei router. The xbox is connected by 5g wifi.

the download speed does not improve if I switch to wired.
  6. CameronClark94 Win User

Xbox games not downloading using 4G Huawei AI Cube network

Has anyone tried the 4g sim card in a different 4g wifi router? wondering if that would make a difference! Not been keen on the cube since having it!
  7. CoB PEZ Win User

Can't connect to XBOX live via 4G

Did you ever resolve this Salladen? I have the same problem. Using Telenor as ISP. If I put the sim card in an iPhone and connect the Xbox via the phone's hotspot it works, but not with the sim card in the Huawei B953.
  8. GL74SD Win User

Unable to update games due to 0x87e00005

It worked for us over a hot spot mobile provider Vodafone. We started the download on the hot-spot then once it had started switched to Three mobile WiFi through the hauwei router and the download of rainbow six seige completed saving data on the
    hot-spot. But the queued games didn't so we will have to start any download/update on the hot spot then switch over.
    Same here - at least working now by starting it via phone hotspot, then switching back to Huawei 4G router for the main download. Still wondering why the router is blocking the initial start of download - maybe need to whitelist something in the router settings?
Thema:

1. Mobile Wifi & Xbox Live connectivity - 4G, dongle, sim card, Vodafone, huawei r216 - Similar Threads - Mobile Wifi Live

2. How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one: Can I please know on how to connect my mobile data of my phone to the Xbox one and to find my ssid of the red magic 8 pro 73f0e652-26db-4521-a2af-612da085d01f
  3. Xbox mobile app bonus points

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox mobile app bonus points: Why are my rewards for points suddenly way lower for the past 2 weeks? The reward points I received have been consistent for about 6 months since I started using the Microsoft rewards program....
  4. Xbox captures not showing up on mobile

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox captures not showing up on mobile: On my Xbox when I look at my captures they all appear under the “on the Xbox network” tab but when I go on my Xbox app only the some taken in the last 6 months show up and a few videos from a few...
  5. Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox: Using the Xbox One X Every time for over a year now when I cast YouTube to my Xbox from mobile the Closed Captions will turn on. I have gone through settings and have them off, but after...
  6. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  7. I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...: I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. The Nat shows unavailable & I get the teredo ip error 21f507f9-e536-4775-8849-ccecd135d80c
  8. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  9. Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...: I play Call of Duty MWII and all of sudden I have not been able to connect to the online services anymore. My internet works fine and other games work fine too. I tried redownloading Call of Duty...
  10. Cant get my t mobile wifi to work on my xbox one x phone is good

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant get my t mobile wifi to work on my xbox one x phone is good: Trying to get t mobile wifi to work on x box one x wont connect 4513a7ce-8019-45fc-a52f-1a445f10ba28

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox via vodafone 4g