Mkv & M4v files wont play - 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)

Discus and support Mkv & M4v files wont play - 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Using both VLC app and built in Xbox Media Player app, all of a sudden MKV & M4V files cant play, when up until March they played perfectly fine off my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redteamsucks, Apr 11, 2018.

1. redteamsucks
    redteamsucks Guest

Using both VLC app and built in Xbox Media Player app, all of a sudden MKV & M4V files cant play, when up until March they played perfectly fine off my external hard drive

Any reasoning why? The video codec is h.264 and audio is AAC which ALWAYS played previously...

Error code search provides no results. Ive tried reinstalling both apps and it does not work on either my One X or OG One

:)

redteamsucks, Apr 11, 2018
  2. Thomus The Red, Apr 11, 2018
  3. CryoKill2000
    CryoKill2000 Guest
    Media player freezing after 30 mins on Xbox one x

Update: My friend who has an Xbox One S confirms that he has the same exact problem that I do, but it only applies to .m4v video files. Apparently .mkv files play fine and do not experience any problems even for over an hour, but .m4v files will CONSISTENTLY
    crash after about 25 minutes.

CryoKill2000, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Thomus The Red Win User

Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

Here's a couple other unresolved threads with the same issue, they all have the same problem it seems:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/media-player-error-code-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001/d08002f0-d441-4702-8d5c-b6f4b9221fa8

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/mkv-m4v-files-wont-play-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001/4a844cc3-9fb0-41a7-a026-fdf5872730c3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/cant-play-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001-error-large/391ab07b-4e40-469b-8953-3d3d1520a6a5

Thanks!
  5. CryoKill2000 Win User

Media player freezing after 30 mins on Xbox one x

Update: My friend who has an Xbox One S confirms that he has the same exact problem that I do, but it only applies to .m4v video files. Apparently .mkv files play fine and do not experience any problems even for over an hour, but .m4v files will CONSISTENTLY
    crash after about 25 minutes.
  6. TG Scooter Win User

Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

Update: The actual error I get is,

"Can't play. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit [...]

0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)"
  7. nicentra93 Win User

Play to MKV Files

I knew what codecs were just not this one in particular, didn't knew that windows media player actually stream the video to my xbox that's why I had no codec for wmp for 10bit mkv's because I normaly use mpc which has all the codecs i need ;)

and the bloatware became obvious in the midst of installing, i tend to have a clean hdd/ssd with no unnecessary programs

long story short, thanks for the tip with the shark007 codec gave you an thumbs up on the initial answer :)
  8. TheBigBobby Win User

Play to MKV Files

Uhhh, a codec is basically the compressor/decompressor of the audio and video files (streams?) within the video file. An MKV file is just that, a 'bucket' (container) that holds a video file, audio file (or multiple) and subs for example... Someone with
    better in depth knowledge might be able to give you a more technical description. Um, to try and think of it this way, some MKV files have the video encoded in say divx and the audio in MP3. You can have a plethora of different combos inside an MKV, that's
    typically some work and some don't. That's why when sometimes you play a movie you can only hear the sound and not the pic.. Again, someone with better audio/video expertise can probably explain it better.

bloatware is software that is installed that you don't need. It's usually not mallicious like that of spyware or malware, just irritating. Normally the developer would get a kickback from someone installing it.. Have you ever randomly installed something,
    you just kept clicking next though the installer.. Everything installed right. But the you open a browser and all of a sudden you have a new unless toolbar? - that's bloatware. That's why it pays to actually read the installers these days before hitting OK
    or next.

The Shark007 codec pack contains the majority of the codecs one needs and sets them up for you. There are loads of individual options on each codec that I quite honestly have no idea what they mean or do. But the setup for these ones is very basic and it's
    like one checkbox "use recommend settings". And if you come across a file that still has trouble playing, there are other tools avial to find out exactly what codec you are missing..
Thema:

1. Mkv & M4v files wont play - 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) - Similar Threads - Mkv M4v files

2. Is it possible to Transcode MKV to MP4 on the XBOX ONE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to Transcode MKV to MP4 on the XBOX ONE?: I was not sure whether to set this as a discussion or a question, so I chose a question. Now I do know that MS itself does not offer any app or service that can accomplish this task. However, I am...
  3. Casting .mkv to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Casting .mkv to xbox one: I cast an H.264 codec .mkv file to my xbox one from my Windows 10 computer earlier today over a wired network and it worked fine. After about 30 mins into the video the audio and video didn't sync...
  4. Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]: Salut, Je possède une One X, relié un écran de PC 4K (oui, pas de TV). Pour tester, j'ai mis des petites vidéos 4K en .mkv (non, pas de Blu-Ray piraté comme on dit) de 4 minutes maximum....
  5. Atmos MKV Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos MKV Problem: Hi, So I bought finally Xbox One S and wanted it to play Dolby Atmos Movies from external hdd. But it doesn't. Everything is connected correctly, I get atmos from trailers on dolby access app but...
  6. Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?: Hi all, I recently bought an X Box 1 (2nd hand) to use as a media centre. I have an external HD with movies. I DLed VLC, got set up etc. Now it plays the TV series happily enough but when I try to...
  7. Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive: Hello, I have the following strange problem if i want to access .mkv videofiles from my Seagate 8 TB GameDrives: 1. all .mkv videofiles work fine with Windows 10 apps like Movies & TV an VLC...
  8. DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One: My Xbox was supposed to be the centre of my whole home media system. I should have been able to play anything on it. Unfortunately, clearly Microsoft has some other plan as while the video is...
  9. Issue playing 1080 mkv files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue playing 1080 mkv files: Hi After updating my Plex app I started having a problem playing some files. Files are 1080 h264 with AC3 5.1 sound. Initially I thought it was a Plex problem (I had been watching the files the...
  10. mkv,iso fullhd and 3d

in XBoX on Consoles
    mkv,iso fullhd and 3d: xbox one s:could i read file mkv,iso fullhd ;mkv3d,iso3d,mkv4K,iso4K,from device(2 hard dusk 3 tera usb3)linked via usb3? Which one mediaplayer ? The output hdmi is audio/video(dts and fullhd)?...