Missing Sea of Thieves

Discus and support Missing Sea of Thieves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back on April 30th of 2019, I purchased Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition for the PC. I played with my friends for many hours over many different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Forbic, May 14, 2022.

  1. Forbic
    Forbic Guest

    Missing Sea of Thieves


    Back on April 30th of 2019, I purchased Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition for the PC. I played with my friends for many hours over many different sessions, most recently I believe in July of last year. Since that time I have been invited by my friends to play the game again on several occasions, but it would appear that I supposedly no longer own this game or access to it as the Microsoft game store requests I purchase it again at the full retail price.

    The Microsoft game applications have been a complete mess for a long time, which is nicely evidenced by what appears to be a growing collection of game apps on my computer called Xbox or Xbox Console Companion or Xbox Game Bar and however many other iterations it has gone through, insisting I keep moving from program to program and I feel all this jumping around has somehow lost the game.

    There doesn't appear to be any evidence in my Microsoft account's purchase history that I have ever bought this game or the Xbox Game Pass for my PC that might give me access to it, so I shouldn't have ever played the game at all based on that information... But my friends have shared screenshots with my account and my Gamer Points and my achievements for Sea of Thieves and I do have a digital PayPal receipt for the purchase at full price. I can even see that this account has allowed Sea of Thieves to access information regarding my account:

    "You've given Sea of Thieves access to the following information:

    Missing Sea of Thieves [​IMG]

    Access your Xbox Live profile information and associated data, and sign you in to its services

    Sea of Thieves will be able to access basic properties about your Xbox Live profile including your gamertag, friends list, activity, stats and rankings, settings and content you share. Learn more at aka.ms/datasharing."

    I just want to be able to play the game that I paid full price for like I have been doing without needing to purchase it again. I have contacted Microsoft customer support and received no help. Am I just up a creek without a paddle here?

    :)
     
    Forbic, May 14, 2022
    #1
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

    i bought a game year and a half ago and microsoft removed it?

    Is it not allowing you to download any version of Sea of Thieves at all? While they don't list it as the "Anniversary Edition" any longer, isn't everything that was there just a part of regular Sea of Thieves currently? If not, what is missing?
  3. DCashMoney24 Win User

    Pre Order Bonus for Sea of Thieves

    The Sea of Thieves missing DLC FAQ says to come to Microsoft support.

    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009626194-Missing-downloadable-content
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Missing Sea of Thieves

    Hello, Forbic. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

    If you go to your purchase history, can you see your Sea of Thieves purchase there?

    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

    Please make sure to select "All available" to see all your order history. Let me know if the order is on your account or not, please.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Missing Sea of Thieves

    If you have a Game Pass subscription you can make someone on the PC to play your games. But without Game Pass I think this would not work.

    But if the Sea of Thieves purchase is not showing on your all time order history, it was not purchased from your account, I'm afraid.
  6. Forbic Win User

    Missing Sea of Thieves

    Sea of Thieves is not there, no. Am I able to play the game if I somehow bought it with an alternate account, downloaded it to my PC, and then played it on my current Windows account without technically owning it on said account with the playtime and achievements?

    If that's an option, I guess it would make some sense but I feel like that wouldn't work? Would I theoretically be able to log into my account on someone else's PC that owns the game and have access to it?
Thema:

Missing Sea of Thieves

Loading...
  1. Missing Sea of Thieves - Similar Threads - Missing Sea Thieves

  2. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  3. Missing Xbox Insider Badge on Profile (Level 60)

    in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Insider Badge on Profile (Level 60): I have been an active Xbox Insider member, currently enrolled in the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring, and reached Level 60. However, the Insider badge is still not showing up on my public Xbox profile. I...
  4. Games missing ...................

    in XboX Insiders
    Games missing ...................: Since I can't say this on the acc xbox 1 I have to here cause what I've been noticing that games keep disappearing through my full libary more than 100 cause I remember I had 450 games before it...
  5. Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years

    in XboX Insiders
    Missing insider shield badge review - level 15/ 128 reports / 3.5 years: Hi Xbox Insider Team / Mods, I’m writing to request a manual review for my Xbox Insider profile badges. I’ve been quietly grinding away in the program for 3 years and 5 months (currently in the...
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. Back to being Special. What have I missed in recent years.

    in XboX Insiders
    Back to being Special. What have I missed in recent years.: Hello all I have not been active with Insider in a few years (ex original Insider from about a decade ago when Ark survival first came out) just wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts are about...
  8. Sea of Thieves Account is Missing

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Sea of Thieves Account is Missing: Hi there, I purchased Sea of Thieves ages ago. I can't find what email address my account is linked to. I know the name of my account (or at least character name for SoT) and need to find away...
  9. My Sea of Thieves keeps crashing and it said ''There is a missing or corrupted file that is...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Sea of Thieves keeps crashing and it said ''There is a missing or corrupted file that is...: I've played Sea of Thieves for a long time, and I've never had this problem until a while ago. When it first happened it said ''There is a missing or corrupted file that is required for the game...
  10. Sea of Thevies Corrupt or Missing file

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thevies Corrupt or Missing file: I have been playing sea of thevies for quite some time now and I have never come across this issue before, it says that I have missing or corrupt files. I have searched up and down for answers but...