Missing captures

Discus and support Missing captures in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've have just gone into my Xbox captures and noticed I am missing a fair few, it says I have 183 but I can only see a maximum of 30, and the dates... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Casey Hale1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Casey Hale1
    Casey Hale1 Guest

Missing captures

Hi, I've have just gone into my Xbox captures and noticed I am missing a fair few, it says I have 183 but I can only see a maximum of 30, and the dates are a big jump as well the last capture was 23 days ago a Microsoft flight simulator clip and a Microsoft flight simulator screenshot from 111 days ago, anyone got an explanation or any ideas what I can do to get them back?

:)

Casey Hale1, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Abigail Marie Win User

Captures missing

No i still have over 300 gb of storage available. When i go to view all captures it says i have 156. But when i view them theres maybe only 20. But even when i view my Storage capacity its still showing i have a large amount of clips saved. I only have
    2 games on my xbox also. Clips from now to 12 days ago are there. Then a alot are missing but clips from over 200 days ago are there.
  3. zeroice007 Win User

Captures missing

Another thing you possibly can check is if you have things saved for captures in your drives. That is if you have an external drive of course. If you just have an internal drive just make sure you were actually online and not logged out when you made the
    capture
  4. icsxyppl Win User

Captures missing

Sorry for your trouble Abigail Marie,

did you notice any storage space problems during the gap time period? (i.e. games needing more storage space)

You can check your storage space (aka hard drive space) via Settings>System>Storage.

I am assuming you have only the internal drive setup to use for captures - how much of the internal drive space is used?

Was there an external drive connected during the gap period?

Best regards

Sassan Karai
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Missing captures

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Casey

Sorry to say but from time to time Xbox captures are deleted automatically if you have them uploaded to the Xbox network and no one views them

Maybe that's your case, sadly once the capture is deleted is not possible to restore it or undo this :c

In case you want to know more about captures, check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  6. schnurren Win User

Captures missing

Hello Abigail Marie,

Is it possible that you made the Screenshots while offline?

It is strange that you don't have the most current screenshots. If we believe what is described in here ( https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/manage-clips-with-upload-studio )
    the older screenshots are the ones that should be deleted, and not new ones.

I have an idea, I know it is not the best thing for the missing screenshots you have, but you should upload them to your OneDrive just in case (I do that when I have some time).

If you want to know how to do it , it is described in the post marked as Answer in this link ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-missing/d005f7ee-ae9c-423c-a2d5-9bd3d6bebfc4 )
Thema:

Missing captures

1. Missing captures - Similar Threads - Missing captures

2. [xbox series X]game Captures storage in local device missing,what can i do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [xbox series X]game Captures storage in local device missing,what can i do.: yesterday,i open my xbox,the captures has missing. Game Captures is really importance to me, I am really upset because it didn't happen in ps4 pro. Is there any idea to recovery the data? i...
  3. 9-days-old Captures Missing

in XBoX on Windows
    9-days-old Captures Missing: I’ve been taking a lot of screenshots recently while playing Elden Ring and always save them to my computer or phone a few days later. Last night I was scrolling through my captures on the Xbox...
  4. Captures missing on the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures missing on the xbox app?: I recently have had a problem with the xbox app on my phone where only the last day of screenshots will appear from a given game (say for instance cyberpunk). When I scroll to look for more I can...
  5. Captures folder and all files inside missing after capturing new video

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures folder and all files inside missing after capturing new video: Hello I was capturing a new video and after ending the screencapture everything looked normal, there was a preview in the Capture overlay and it pointed me to the captures folder. But when I...
  6. Xbox series x captures missing/deleted.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x captures missing/deleted.: I have just seen that my captures from the past few months are gone, I know they were there a few weeks ago because I watched a couple of them but now they have disappeared and I'm only seeing...
  7. Missing Captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Captures: So I can't see all my captures from my xbox on the app or PC. They have to be saved already because my original Xbox that I made those clips was stolen and after a couple years later I just got a...
  8. Missing captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing captures: Today I noticed that some random captures have disappeared from being stored on my Xbox. I have a brand new Series X, bought it like a month ago, so storage isn’t the problem. And it wasn’t just...
  9. Series X internal storage captures missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X internal storage captures missing: Hi xbox community, I have a Series X and I am and avid fan of virtual photography. Just now I noticed dozens of screenshits from the past months missing from my internal storage.I have at keast...
  10. The majority of Game Captures missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    The majority of Game Captures missing: So I play on two different Xbox One's at two different locations, an Xbox One launch edition, and an Xbox one S, and each console has whatever clips I captured on that specific console. On my Xbox...