Missing Cable - Tech Support Hell - Gamestop Support Sucks at Orlando Mall @ Millenia location

Discus and support Missing Cable - Tech Support Hell - Gamestop Support Sucks at Orlando Mall @ Millenia location in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wife bought me an Xbox one for xmas and also a second controller with an included recharging kit. The second controller was in a sealed box that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Highforge, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Highforge
    Highforge Guest

Missing Cable - Tech Support Hell - Gamestop Support Sucks at Orlando Mall @ Millenia location

My wife bought me an Xbox one for xmas and also a second controller with an included recharging kit.

The second controller was in a sealed box that did not appear to be tampered with. However, when we opened it, it had the controller and the battery pack, but not charging cable.

And so begins our journey into tech support hell. She bought it at Gamestop on black friday and when we called to make sure we could exchange it they said since the controller was in a sealed box and something is missing that they will not exchange it.
    They told us to call Microsoft. Either xbox goofed in packaging or a gamestop employee knows how to open and close those boxes without making it look like the sticker was tampered with.

So we called Xbox support. We spoke to the Xbox Hardware department who asked for our gamertag, had us log into the Xbox One and give them the serial number and then had us open the controller and give them the serial on that before they were able to tell
    us that they couldn't help and that we would need to call the Xbox Store...they couldn't transfer us, but they could give us the direct number and that number is the same number we had just called. Fun 20 minutes wasted.

We called back and tried to reach that department and the new xbox guy (Robin) acted pretty surprised and said it was Gamestop's responsibility to do the exchange. Also, they don't sell the cable separately so it wasn't even an option for them to send us
    one.

This is where things got interesting. Robin with Xbox called the Gamestop store directly and basically fought with them. We were on hold for over 30 minutes at this point so we assume it got heated. Gamestop ultimately just said they didn't want to do
    the exchange because their assumption is we were lying about the missing part (I'll hold my tongue here). At one point the GS manager called the district manager before they finally told xbox (after xbox threatened to escalate the issue) they would "take
    care if it" if we brought it back for an exchange.

It's not about the money as much as it is the principle. I'm pretty shocked and appalled by the way this was handled. In Xbox's defense, Robin really went to bat for us over what's essentially a minor issue. I certainly won't be doing business at that
    location again. Anyone else treated poorly by Gamestop regarding hardware issues?

:)

Highforge, Jan 5, 2014
  2. PlushCube90
    PlushCube90 Guest
    Can't redeem live membership codes ?

what complete garbage. A guy buys a code at gamestop, and then all of a sudden I have to call fifty people to make sure my card is even legit??? That's a joke. Where the hell is the tech support forum?????

PlushCube90, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Tech support

I'd get a Switch anyway, its a great console. I spent ten hours over the weekend playing Dragon Quest Builders, and it was only a demo Missing Cable - Tech Support Hell - Gamestop Support Sucks at Orlando Mall @ Millenia location :eek:

Shaggy2000, Jan 5, 2014
  4. devGOD
    devGOD Guest

Gamestop always has and always will be a greedy store/business that does not care about customers. The literally have no competition in the retail games only business, so naturally the screw over customers. I applaud Microsoft and the Xbox team they seem
    to be going above and beyond to make Xbox customers happy. I also have to applaud you as well.

devGOD, Jan 5, 2014
  5. devGOD Win User

Gamestop always has and always will be a greedy store/business that does not care about customers. The literally have no competition in the retail games only business, so naturally the screw over customers. I applaud Microsoft and the Xbox team they seem
    to be going above and beyond to make Xbox customers happy. I also have to applaud you as well.
  6. PlushCube90 Win User

Can't redeem live membership codes ?

what complete garbage. A guy buys a code at gamestop, and then all of a sudden I have to call fifty people to make sure my card is even legit??? That's a joke. Where the hell is the tech support forum?????
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

Tech support

I'd get a Switch anyway, its a great console. I spent ten hours over the weekend playing Dragon Quest Builders, and it was only a demo :eek:
  8. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Tech support

The support here is provided by other Xbox users, not by Xbox Support.

You can contact Xbox Support here -
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

If you're in the states you can call them at 800-469-9269

They can help troubleshoot the Xbox but it not a phone number for a replacement.

If they determine there's an issue with the Xbox console that needs repair, they can assist with creating a repair order for your console.
  9. XBF Felixx P Win User

Tech support

Hi SpeepledGhecko56,

Thank you for reaching out to us! To get a call back from tech Support, follow these easy steps
    below:

As
    provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select
    See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Missing Cable - Tech Support Hell - Gamestop Support Sucks at Orlando Mall @ Millenia location - Similar Threads - Missing Cable Tech

2. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  3. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  4. missing launcher_profiles,json for .minecraft in %appdata%

in XBoX on Windows
    missing launcher_profiles,json for .minecraft in %appdata%: Minecraft launcher wouldn't open so i watched a tutorial saying to delete launcher_profiles.json so i did and that didn't work so I tried to reinstall the launcher but now I'm missing that folder...
  5. elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks: Hello, I received my new Elite 2 Core a few days ago. Right out of the box, I noticed that the A button misses a click and does not register it. It happens with the X, Y, and B buttons as well,...
  6. Xbox app bonus points missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app bonus points missing: This recent week, I've noticed the Xbox app quests are missing and the play a game for jeweled quest has been reduced from 50pts a day to only 5pts, which makes it pointless to bother given the...
  7. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  8. Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar is missing the Social tab: I quite often use Xbox Game Bar to hop into parties with my Xbox friends while on PC, Today randomly, I tried to look at my friends that were online via Game Bar and the Social tab didn't exist. I...
  9. 148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??

in XBoX on Consoles
    148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??: I have bought the Xbox Series S during 2021. While then Xbox states that the console has storage of 512GB of storage. When checked (During 2021) It had 320-300GB of storage in it. Now in 2024 its...
  10. Persona 3 Reload PC - Unable to load game due to missing P4G BGM DLC

in XboX Insiders
    Persona 3 Reload PC - Unable to load game due to missing P4G BGM DLC: I pre-ordered a digital copy of Persona 3 Reload, and it came with the P4G BGM DLC. I have a save file on Xbox with this DLC enabled. However, I am unable to load the same save file on the PC...