Misplaced File "GameLaunchHelper.exe" when trying to launch Persona 5 Royal from Gamepass App

Discus and support Misplaced File "GameLaunchHelper.exe" when trying to launch Persona 5 Royal from Gamepass App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to launch the game via the Xbox GamePass App it spits out this Error "C:\Program... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ty Foos, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Ty Foos
    Ty Foos Guest

Misplaced File "GameLaunchHelper.exe" when trying to launch Persona 5 Royal from Gamepass App

Whenever I attempt to launch the game via the Xbox GamePass App it spits out this Error

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SEGAofAmericaInc.F0cb6b3aer_1.10.23.0_x64_...\GameLaunchHelper.exe
    No applicable app liscenses found."
    There is a GameLaunchHelper.exe in the D: drive where the game is installed but it seems that the game can't recognize it
    As far as i can tell, there isn't even a "WindowsApps" directory in the C: drive

:)

Ty Foos, Nov 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ty

Please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox and Persona 5 app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

—————

If the issue persist, can be a bit odd but try this:

After that go to windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (this only if you’re on Windows 11) > where new content is saved

Under apps select the drive where Persona 5 is installed

Restart the PC and try again
  3. JeyeHB Win User

PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game (something unexpected happened)

I'm pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped. As soon as I try and download anything from the XBox app it just says error immeidately. I've ran CHKDSK and SFC and a malware anti root kit and I've ran ADWCLeaner with the reset tags for Winsock, Windows installer, delete prefetch files, tracing keys, reset firewall and delete IFEO. It's even a fresh install of Windows and I still have the same issue :(

Persona 5 is on game pass though :) go check it out ! I was about 10 hours into it before it decided no more XBox Game Pass.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/persona-5-royal
  4. Georges C. Win User

Persona 5 Royal

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Diego, save is accessed through the app with your account logged into the PC, this may be some xbox app bug, try to check if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Persona 5 royal gamepass error with servers

Are you able to access online on other games though?

You can check this guide as well:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If that does not help and if this is the only game you are having issues with, this could be a problem on the server side of the game and I recommend reaching out with the publisher themselves for this.
  6. Hrishi Kesh1 Win User

Persona 5 royal gamepass error with servers

Yes , it's working on other games
Thema:

1. Misplaced File "GameLaunchHelper.exe" when trying to launch Persona 5 Royal from Gamepass App - Similar Threads - Misplaced File GameLaunchHelper

2. Where can I find figment save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find figment save files?: I want to move the save files of Figment: Journey into the mind but cannot seem to find the save files anywhere. fb74c236-e670-4b44-91ae-95314a1064a1
  3. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  4. Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wordament states I have two cloud files with different dates. Aks me to choose a file then...: Wordament opens to state I have two games with different start dates, . Wants me to choose which file / game to use, then refuses to acknowledge my choice. tech help was useless because it...
  5. How do i get my files off of it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get my files off of it?: Xbox one (Advanced warfare edition) the xbox light comes on but no picture comes up on tv. Swapped power supply and hdmi. e93c2ea9-2a38-4fb9-952e-e75cab9beba0
  6. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  7. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  8. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  9. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  10. [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?

in XboX Insiders
    [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?: I don't know who contact, I love Xbox but I'm having problems, my xbox can't install offline update, my xbox internal storage got damage and I had to replace once replaced I try to restore my xbox...