Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.

Discus and support Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game ELEX 2 and after playing it for a couple of hours I realized that I don't like the game because It has to many bugs / is poorly made... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CasualOutlaw, Apr 19, 2022.

1. CasualOutlaw
    CasualOutlaw Guest

Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game.

I bought the game ELEX 2 and after playing it for a couple of hours I realized that I don't like the game because It has to many bugs / is poorly made and asked for a refund after less than a week. This refund was declined because I have played the game for a couple of hours. I have screenshots and a chat transcript from the Microsoft chat where I was told twice that I can return the game within 30 days without any time limit (even I had played the game for only about 4 hours or so). I was given the false information's twice and can prove it. What can I do? Do I really have to take legal steps? I find this very disappointing, highly unprofessional and unlawful.

Please see below 3 screenshots of what has been said in a chat I just had again today to get confirmed what I was told two weeks ago. I also attached a screenshot of the answer from the refund team.
    Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game. [​IMG]

Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game. [​IMG]

:)

CasualOutlaw, Apr 19, 2022
  2. CasualOutlaw Win User

They are only going to deny you again you can try and explain it but you need a better excuse then I don't like it

As mentioned by support the limjt isn't 4 hours but 2hours or 14 days whichever comes up first as its standard even on steam

Abusing the refund policy only ends badly for you

It is NOT a try before you buy policy
    The excuse is not that I don't like the game but that I was given the wrong information by Xbox Microsoft Support chat as seen in the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. ngocphi Win User

They are only going to deny you again you can try and explain it but you need a better excuse then I don't like it

As mentioned by support the limjt isn't 4 hours but 2hours or 14 days whichever comes up first as its standard even on steam

Abusing the refund policy only ends badly for you

It is NOT a try before you buy policy
  4. CasualOutlaw Win User

5. CasualOutlaw Win User

Thank you very much for your answer. I have done that already and waiting for a response since 08/04 now. I will do the steps you have recommended again and keep you and the community updated here.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey CasualOutlaw, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Indeed, that information given to you doesn't match with Microsoft refund policy.

Usually, when we purchase contents, we have 14 days to request a refund and we can use (play) that content for only 4 hours.

If it passed 14 days and played for more than 4 hours, it doesn't mean we would not get refunded, however, the refund request is subject to refusal.

I do advise you to try requesting a refund via the refund form, in there, you get to explain what happened and why you're requesting the refund for that particular content.

First you will have to check the order number in your history:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Then, you will need to complete this form below for a refund.

There you just have to follow all the requirements requested in filling it out, and then wait for an email with the refund response.

This can take up to 72 hours.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-...
Thema:

1. Misleading informations given by Microsoft support chat regarding refund of a game. - Similar Threads - Misleading informations given

2. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  3. How do I find out what account is using my card information.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I find out what account is using my card information.: My card information is being uuused by another account and I would like to know the account so I can press charges. 682c5017-d291-4aae-85e6-acdcf7f8fe55
  4. Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?: We have many charges from xbox on our bank account. Our son said he didn't make the purchaes and that his friend probably did because he shared his log in information with his friend. We see the...
  5. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  6. Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?: Its now been over 4 months since this [mod removed] began. I see people making excuses because its in "beta". "You're trying to eat at a full restaurant, you have to wait for a table". Wrong. I...
  7. Misleading Subscription Link on MSN Games Site

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Misleading Subscription Link on MSN Games Site: The link for Subscription on the msn games site is VERY misleading. I signed up thinking I was getting all the Microsoft games on their page without advertisements. Obviously, this is not the case...
  8. Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...: I am asking this because my autistic 8 year-old daughter loves playing Minecraft on XBox Series X. It's her happy place--where she goes for solace. She spends hours building all kinds of things....
  9. Misleading advertisements and lack of accountability

in XBoX on Windows
    Misleading advertisements and lack of accountability: After purchasing a preorder for the Standard Edition of Diablo 4, I received a “just for you” deal that stated that the Ultimate Edition game was 70% off. I went through Web Chat to verify that...
  10. I was mislead by Microsoft and now im suspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was mislead by Microsoft and now im suspended: So i was mislead by Microsoft and theres no way to directly speak to the enforcement team and the agent i was mislead by. heres how it happened: I received multiply take downs of looking for...