Minesweeper maxes out CPU - 100% CPU utilization in Task Manager

Discus and support Minesweeper maxes out CPU - 100% CPU utilization in Task Manager in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Machine running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and with a CORE i7-7567U, 16GB Memory, NVME SSD goes to 100% utilization when game play is started in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by milecu, Sep 5, 2017.

1. milecu
    milecu Guest

Machine running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and with a CORE i7-7567U, 16GB Memory, NVME SSD goes to 100% utilization when game play is started in Minewseeper (even for an Easy classic grid). Game play as a result is very sluggish. As soon as game play is stopped
    and the home page of Minesweeper is displayed the CPU utilization drops to 5-8 percent.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem persists.

:)

milecu, Sep 5, 2017
  2. Jigsaw freezing up

Have you tried running the game as administrator? Or checking you task manager to see if it's using up a bunch of cpu?

GodsAssassin007, Sep 5, 2017
  3. High CPU usage even when idle

For me it uses low CPU for a while, but then for no apparent reason CPU usage spikes and it becomes very unresponsive. Doesn't seem to correlate to anything I do. The only thing I can do to make it usable again (for a time) is to kill the process in task
    manager.

A flying horse, Sep 5, 2017
  4. milecu
    milecu Guest

Problem resolved. The issue is with the Intel HD Graphics driver when used with a 4K monitor on the most recent generation of Intel NUC systems. The use of the most recent versions of this driver result in this problem as well
    as intermittent blanking/flashing of the display. By installing an older version (15.45.18.4664) of the driver both problems are corrected.

milecu, Sep 13, 2017
  5. milecu Win User

Problem resolved. The issue is with the Intel HD Graphics driver when used with a 4K monitor on the most recent generation of Intel NUC systems. The use of the most recent versions of this driver result in this problem as well
    as intermittent blanking/flashing of the display. By installing an older version (15.45.18.4664) of the driver both problems are corrected.
  6. VinOth_VingO - வ Win User

Forza horizon 4 crashing in game

HI,

Could you check in task manager ->CPU & memory utilization that which app will be consuming more.
  7. Tristan Sheppler Win User

Games not using GPU

My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600 and while I understand that the 2060 is not a high end GPU, when I was using the 580 starfield at least used the GPU. It maxed it out and had some stuttering issues, but it was at least being used. Now with the 2060, games that had previously used my GPU are no longer doing so. In task manager under GPU Engine, it keeps saying GPU 0 - Copy instead of GPU 0 - 3D for the games I mentioned above and the CPU is being used instead.
  8. GodsAssassin007 Win User

Jigsaw freezing up

Have you tried running the game as administrator? Or checking you task manager to see if it's using up a bunch of cpu?
  9. Farscape247 Win User

PC became slower after 4 months of use

yeah deffo scan the pc for malware as stated above, also open task manage and let us know what is running at hight cpu usage this will also help to pinpoint the issue.

shortcut to task manager, hit left ctrl+shift+esc key and this will launch task manager.
Thema:

1. Minesweeper maxes out CPU - 100% CPU utilization in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Minesweeper maxes CPU

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. Why won't minesweeper start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't minesweeper start?: For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower right without starting. I have repaired,...
  4. Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper: Minesweeper stopped working on Jan 1 2024. Now that the holiday is over can I expect this to be fixed? Yes, I repaired and reset the app, multiple times and yes, I rebooted my computer. Others are...
  5. Microsoft Minesweeper will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper will not start: hi, Microsoft Minesweeper will not start since first of january 2024. I cannot play the game, the startscreen will rotate the bomb for hours. The GameBar is properly logged in, the Xbox-App works...
  6. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  7. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  8. Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to upload my game progress in MS Minesweeper: Hi, i made some progress in minesweeper guest account. But i need to reboot my pc for a reason and i know that if i reboot, my progress will be deleted. So, is there any way to save my guest...
  9. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  10. What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Happened To Minesweeper Adventure?: I fired up my Minesweeper game on my Windows 11 PC the other day (6/8/23 I think) to find that the game loader interface was completely changed. When I attempted to play Minesweeper Adventure it...