Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up

Discus and support Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, this has been an issue for a few days now. I ended up downloading Minecraft on my phone to play with a friend of mine while I was away from home... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dennis Gutendorf, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up

So, this has been an issue for a few days now. I ended up downloading Minecraft on my phone to play with a friend of mine while I was away from home and didn't have access to my Xbox One. Ever since I got back, it continues to give me the same message. I can't play online with anyone on Minecraft. I've scoured the internet, and no trouble shooting has worked. I checked my settings on Minecraft. I checked my Microsoft account settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried power cycling my console. Nothing has worked. Anyone know what's going on?

:)

Dennis Gutendorf, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Hannibal_Lecter36 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

I have the same question, but for Minecraft. It states the following: “ You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings “

I’ve “allowed” everything on the page it took me to but it’s still not working.
  3. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to assist you.

With regards to your issue, possible that your account is being detected as a child. On this case, a parent account is the only one who can change the settings or date of birth of a child's account. To test whether it is detected as a child, please try to access your account's "privacy & online safety" on this page https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home here just allow the settings under Xbox One/Windows in order to play online.

Note: No need to do the steps 1-5 if you can access the first link above and manage your privacy & online safety.

If for some reason you cannot access the said settings on the link above, please follow the steps below in order to manage your account.

1. You will need an alternate account that will serve as a parent. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add your Xbox email address or account as a Member/Child.

3. Accept the invitation using your Xbox account email.

4. Using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of your main account and remove any restrictions. Then just go back to the first link https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home to try and access the settings.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, please do let us know so we can further assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  4. LucasLukassen Win User

Minecraft Privacy & Online Settings

Hello I am experiencing this problem with Minecraft im trying to join my friends realms but it said you cannot play minecraft realms because of how your account is set up. You can change your privacy and online settings in aka.ms/account settings
    but it never works i cant find privacy settings anywhere it sends me to xbox support everytime. Please help
    i cant join my friends and i cant go online:(
  5. zt4_2020 Win User

Minecraft cannot access results due to privacy settings

Thank you for your reply. All privacy settings have been verified and are set to “Active” or “Everyone” so there should be no barrier to multi-player games and join groups.

The problem is not that I can’t join a specific Realm. It’s a general problem. Under Play, Minecraft says says “You need permission. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Xbox Live account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety
    settings on Xbox Live."
  6. RoyNewMexico Win User

Minecraft "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up."

Try restarting if that does not work it may be you have a Teen or Child account.
Thema:

1. Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up - Similar Threads - Minecraft cannot play

2. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  3. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends: I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  6. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  7. Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up: At my wits end here. I just bought Minecraft in the xbox store. I've set all my privacy settings to allow, and I don't have a child account, but I can't play minecraft multiplayer. It says "Cannot...
  8. Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it: I purchased Minecraft Java a long time ago and redeemed the bedrock edition. I recently migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account. However, now in the minecraft launcher, only Java edition...
  9. My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java

in XBoX on Windows
    My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java: I am looking for compensation as this does not seem like my fault as I never gave out my password and someone using security info *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  10. I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.: I tried to login to Minecraft after not playing for a few months bc all of my friends in my group are starting a Realm together. I am completely unable to login on my PS5 and after completing the...