Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free!

Discus and support Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All Not sure if you are aware of this, but you can get the Bedrock edition of Minecraft for free if you play the Xbox One Edition from now until... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by T3chnlgydude, Oct 18, 2019.

1. T3chnlgydude
    T3chnlgydude Guest

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free!

Hi All

Not sure if you are aware of this, but you can get the Bedrock edition of Minecraft for free if you play the Xbox One Edition from now until the 30th of November. More info below (as copied from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/xbox-one-update-reminder)

XBOX ONE UPDATE REMINDER

In September 2017, we released the Better Together update for Minecraft on Xbox One, iOS, Android, the Windows 10 version and Gear VR (and since then, we’ve added Nintendo Switch to the Better Together family). This update was essentially a
    new version of the game, the Bedrock version, which let Minecraft players enjoy multiplayer with each other across all those platforms! Gosh, that was a great update, wasn’t it? Good luck topping that, Nether update...

But why are we bragging about this update over two years later? Because if you’re still playing/own a copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, then you can still update to the Bedrock version, absolutely free! You’ve been able to do this since we
    released the Better Together update, but this offer won’t last forever. Existing Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players now have until November 30, 2019 to redeem their free update to the Bedrock version.

Luckily, updating couldn’t be easier! You’ll need to login to your Xbox profile on your console. If you own a physical copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, and you’ve played five hours in the last twelve months, or bought DLC at any time, then you're entitled
    to a free update to the Bedrock version. If you haven't played for five hours in the last 12 months/bought any DLC, you can fulfill either of the conditions (it’s a pretty good excuse to play Minecraft for five hours) before November 30 2019. You will receive
    a 5x5 code via Xbox messaging that lets you redeem the Bedrock version of Minecraft. Please be prepared for a short wait to receive your code, as it could take a few weeks while our team processes redemption requests.

BUT WHY SHOULD I GET THE UPDATE?
    Not only will you be able to play multiplayer across platforms with your pals on iOS, Android, Windows 10 Edition, Gear VR and Nintendo Switch, but you’ll also get updates like Update Aquatic, Village & Pillage and upcoming updates too! Still not convinced?
    Maybe I’d best leave explaining why you should update to the experts:

:)

T3chnlgydude, Oct 18, 2019
  2. EliteXninjaX150 (Ret Win User

Minecraft: Xbox ONE Edition on Xbox ONE

Can you update to bedrock without a physical version on xbox one s?
    If you have Minecraft: Xbox One Edition you should automatically get Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Free. Hope this helps!
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Minecraft Version Help?!?

From the sound of it, you have Minecraft Xbox One Edition. This edition of the game was discontinued a few years ago. It can still be played, but is no longer supported or updated. To get the bedrock version of the game, then you will have to purchase
    Minecraft bedrock version from the Microsoft store on the Xbox. This version is just named Minecraft.
  5. CaptinAbdul1 Win User

I Already Own Minecraft Bedrock on the Xbox One but How do I get it on PC?

I did pay, I paid for Minecraft xbox edition and since that was shutting down and would no longer be updated they gave us bedrock for free, the only reason they gave us bedrock was that we paid for Minecraft Xbox edition and now its no longer getting updated it was only fair if they gave it to us for free.
  6. tails Prower1 Win User

I own an minecraft disc version on xbox one and it says I need to update it to the latest version but when I try to update it it takes me to buy the game section can someone help me

Minecraft xbox one edition but before the bedrock update
Thema:

1. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free! - Similar Threads - Minecraft Edition players

2. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  3. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  4. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  5. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  6. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  7. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  8. Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...: I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and apply them to the newer version of Minecraft or does it not transfer over 7619fa2a-8271-4d5a-bf3f-3721c680b13f
  9. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  10. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed