Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues

Discus and support Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was trying to install Mincraft Java Launcher but immediately after clicking install error code "87E00196" appears. After googling, its says problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ali GB, May 30, 2023.

1. Ali GB
    Ali GB Guest

I was trying to install Mincraft Java Launcher but immediately after clicking install error code "87E00196" appears.

After googling, its says problem is with Microsoft Gaming services and to re install it.

When following the steps from Xbox support:

"""Right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin).

1. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers"""
    All i get when pasting command in powershell is the error

remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_12.77.3001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:46 + ... AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

(See attached)

I have also tried going into settings and add or remove programs to repair and then reset gaming services but this does not work either.

:)

Ali GB, May 30, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Ali!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix your Microsoft gaming services, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Kindly make sure that your Windows, Device Drivers and Xbox app and gaming services are all up to date, here's how:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for Updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & Downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Once you're done, try to check if the game installation will work.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response and you're welcome!

It seems you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps yet the issue still persists.

I have resolved a similar issue before, the gamer had decided to reformat the C: Drive where the Windows was installed then proceeds to download the Xbox app, and then game downloads/installation worked normally.

Kindly do the same however before you proceed with your reformat, make sure to back up your files.
  4. Ali GB Win User

Hi Darhyl,

Tried all this and nothing changed, still not working.

Also tried installing a different game through Xbox app and as soon as install starts it comes up with Error code: 0x86e00196

This happens with any new game I try to download from Game Pass, but i do own a few games outright on the Xbox App and these start downloading just fine. So just issue with Game Pass games.

I have Game Pass Ultimate and I am signed into everything (Xbox App, Microsoft Store, Windows Pc account) using the same microsoft account. Running windows 10.

Thanks for your help!
  5. XBF John Win User

Realms

Hello,

Which platform are you on, and which Minecraft are you experiencing this issue with?

Some threads to check out and check their solutions:

This could also be a result of a Network Status error. You can check here: Xbox Status | Xbox Support

There was an issue with Game services this week. Let me know what you try and any other information you can share.

Thanks,

6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Is there a get around with Microsoft Gaming Services? and If so how do I do it

I've been getting a pop-up when opening Minecraft which prompts me to download Microsoft Gaming Services which I will absolutely not download so anyway is there a get around with Microsoft Gaming Services? and if so how do I do it
    Why wont you download the necessary update to play Minecraft?

Also, looking down the list of comments, you have two choices, install Microsoft Gaming Services and play Minecraft, or don't install it and don't play Minecraft.....................your choice.
Thema:

1. Minecraft / Xbox / Microsoft Gaming Services Issues - Similar Threads - Minecraft Microsoft Gaming

2. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  3. Suddenly my java minecraft game is no longer on my microsoft account; "This microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suddenly my java minecraft game is no longer on my microsoft account; "This microsoft...: Basicly when I sign in with my microsoft account that I know I purchased the game with and it was connected with my minecraft account It says I need to buy the game or that I do not own it. I am...
  4. I cannot renew my minecraft realms server because microsoft has no record of me owning the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot renew my minecraft realms server because microsoft has no record of me owning the game: My Minecraft Realms server expired for some reason and won't renew, even when I manually try to renew it. I play on a Windows 10 PC. I migrated from Mojang and have been playing the game for...
  5. Clicking on a videogame (like Minecraft) opens Microsoft Store and redirect me on "Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clicking on a videogame (like Minecraft) opens Microsoft Store and redirect me on "Game...: [img] (btw I'm French sorry if there is any language mistakes) I downloaded Minecraft Launcher 2 years ago, I migrated my Mojang account, everything is clear for me. But since a week, when I...
  6. Microsoft Game Bar Not Recording Minecraft Java In Fullscreen

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Game Bar Not Recording Minecraft Java In Fullscreen: Hey! When I play Minecraft (Java Edition) and want to record gameplay I can't. I use Microsoft Game Bar because it is safe and reliable, and it used to work perfectly. Now, all of a sudden (after...
  7. On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my PS5 Minecraft logs me out of my Microsoft account every time I close the game and I...: Idk whether its something I'm doing wrong but I click stay signed in every time but it always signs me out again and its very frustrating a2b3b38f-812c-465b-bdee-e92b53d97d74
  8. Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...: I am on the latest version of windows, so I don't understand. I saw another thread like this and it said to update windows. 573932db-f40a-477c-8303-74e9e57169ed
  9. Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer my son's minecraft hero game data to his own microsoft account?: Hi there, I migrated my son's mojang account to my microsoft account. I bought a game pass and he's enjoying playing minecraft dungeons. I want to play alongside with him. Is it possible to...
  10. I can’t pay for the minecraft legends deluxe game in the Microsoft store, I try different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t pay for the minecraft legends deluxe game in the Microsoft store, I try different...: I can’t pay for the minecraft legends deluxe game in the Microsoft store, I try different cards, different banks write a payment error, what’s the problem why I can’t make purchases in the...