Minecraft won't work, any help for accessing a refund?

Discus and support Minecraft won't work, any help for accessing a refund? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft bedrock edition back in 2021, playing it once or twice before I factory reset my computer a few months later in that year, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by meapea, Oct 16, 2022.

1. meapea
    meapea Guest

I bought Minecraft bedrock edition back in 2021, playing it once or twice before I factory reset my computer a few months later in that year, and I opened my laptop to find that I had all my apps (GTA 5, Ark, etc) except Minecraft. I spent £25 on the game, only to find I no longer had it. I ended up forgetting about it and left it uninstalled. However, recently I've been getting back into the game and I tried to find a way to re-install it. I had access to the launcher and it opened fine, but it stated that I could only play the demo. That was when I found out that Bedrock and Java had been merged in June this year. I purchased the game through minecraft.net using my personal Microsoft account***, and not through the Microsoft store itself. I checked my Microsoft purchase history, and no matter how many times I logged out and back into the account, Minecraft wasn't within my purchase history.

I've followed YouTube tutorials as well as Minecraft's official support tutorial for this but neither have worked. I have spent well earned money on this game and yet it isn't allowing me to play. It still continuously asks me to buy the dual edition. This is becoming an annoyance as I can't even get a refund as the game isn't in my purchase history? If anyone knows a way I can personally contact the Minecraft support team in order to access a refund please let me know as I've given up on playing this game despite it being one of my childhood favourites, purely for the constant difficulty in accessing it. I also have the game on my PS4 under a different account so I don't really need the game anymore in the first place. So please any advice on how to gain a refund for this purchase would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

***I believe that this is proof i have the game since it doesn't state "Buy Now"?

Minecraft won't work, any help for accessing a refund? [​IMG]

:)

meapea, Oct 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Meapea

Sorry to say but the only proof of purchase is the email sent by Microsoft or Mojang (depending on where you purchased the game) with the order number or transaction ID

If you have this email, you can reach Mojang or Microsoft with this proof of purchase and they can check what happened with your license

Exists the possibility that you purchased the game with a different account. If maybe you have more than one email address please check the order history with each one
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

PS: Please don't share personal information like full email addresses, here in the forums no one can access / modify / view account details due to security and privacy reasons
  3. Smwutches Win User

Account

You would need access to the original account to submit a refund on any content that may be eligible, but otherwise, support won't give a code or refund content because you lost access to it.
  4. carter 0230 Win User

Xbox series x

I still have the Xbox but there was a all access subscription that came with my console the subscription was refunded to the company I bought it from they said they didn't get a refund and won't help contact Microsoft
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox has stolen my money? Please tell me that Xbox has not turned into thieves!

And you got refused a refund? How long did you leave between purchase and refund request? And you don't have access to the subscribed realm?

I would maybe try get a call back from Xbox support regarding refund of one of the subs, but if you can't access a subscription that Has went through, is be back to minecraft support hassling them for help to access it
  6. DameonLuvzDeb05 Win User

Downloaded Game to Wrong Profile

There are no refunds for items purchased on live.

However, the content you downloaded is linked to both the tag and the console it was downloaded to. This means that you will be able to access minecraft with any account on the console the game was originally downloaded to. Go ahead and play to your hearts
    content.
    what if i dont have access to that profile anymore.... Help e
Thema:

1. Minecraft won't work, any help for accessing a refund? - Similar Threads - Minecraft won't help

2. Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me: I tried downloading it and it refuses to work like **** I spent $30 on this game only for it not to work pls help me like I really really really really really really really really really really...
  3. Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.: I am trying to log into Minecraft but it won't let me. I am on mobile Minecraft and I have a account it is Tony Call. It says Drowned and I resetted my phone and even delete app and redownload it....
  4. My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.: Hi so I logged into my friends server and it said when i tried to chat "chat disabled due to missing profile public key. please try reconnecting. this is minecraft java by the way. i tried...
  5. Minecraft world won't load help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world won't load help: Whenever I try to open my Minecraft world it gives me a pop-up screen that's says "Failed To Sync World Data" and says it's corrupted and I need to migrate it to another device, is there a way to...
  6. Help! I'm trying to cross play Minecraft on my switch with friends, but it won't let me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I'm trying to cross play Minecraft on my switch with friends, but it won't let me.: As the title suggest, I'm trying to cross play Minecraft with some friends, but it doesn't let me join their worlds. Some of my friends play Xbox and others play PlayStation. I've tried looking...
  7. Minecraft Stuck at 1.17.10 and won't update. HELP!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Stuck at 1.17.10 and won't update. HELP!!!: Hello!! So a while back ago (back in 2017) Mojang game me a code for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for being a returning player from java edition. (Alpha days were some fun times!!) And it has been...
  8. I have been scammed for Minecraft... Microsoft won't help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been scammed for Minecraft... Microsoft won't help: Alright, here is the situation: I have bought Minecraft on PS4 some time ago, in order to play with friends. I had a period where I did not play. After coming back, I saw that you have to a...
  9. Need help leaving the minecraft beta, it won't let me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help leaving the minecraft beta, it won't let me.: I have been trying to get out of the Minecraft Beta for about 30 minutes now, but every time I boot up minecraft it automatically becomes the beta edition. I unenrolled through the insider hub. It...
  10. My minecraft won't download. I need help

in XboX Insiders
    My minecraft won't download. I need help: My minecraft won't download it gets to 99% then an error occurs. It started when I joined the beta program but then I enrolled because I couldn't join my friends. I've tried full shutdown and...