Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update

Discus and support Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So last night I had a required windows 11 update, after going to bed and going on my computer the next morning I find that Minecraft only comes up with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The_inferior1, May 6, 2023.

1. Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update

So last night I had a required windows 11 update, after going to bed and going on my computer the next morning I find that Minecraft only comes up with the "Sorry, unable to start Minecraft." error message

Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update [​IMG]

:)

The_inferior1, May 6, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Let's perform some basic troubleshooting steps, in order to fix your Minecraft game launch, here's how:

Make sure you are logged in to the Microsoft Store: Open the Store app and log in: https://aka.ms/MSStoreHome

Ensure your version of Windows is up to date: In the lower-left corner of your PC’s screen, enter “Update” in the search bar. Choose “Check for updates” and let your PC install any & all available updates. (It is possible that the Windows update that you have made corrupted the Minecraft file.)

Note: If your Updater won’t run:

Go into “Settings”

Choose “Apps"

Choose “Installed Apps”

Choose “Gaming Services”

Click the “…” on the far right of the screen

Choose “Advanced Options”

Scroll down to “Repair” and let it run.

Also, make sure to update your Device Drivers, Minecraft, and gaming services, here's how:

For Gaming Services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Minecraft game update:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Check for updates.

Once it's done, please check if your Minecraft game works.

Reference links:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

For the next step, please manually repair the game on the Xbox app, here's how:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Verify and Repair.

if this doesn't work, remove and reinstall the gaming services:

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type Powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

If the issue still won't work, proceed to reinstall the game:

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  4. AlanClarke5 Win User

Can't update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to 1.13

I've now uninstalled Minecraft, but now i cannot reinstall it.

Windows Store gives the message "Minecraft for Windows 10 won't run on this device."
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

When will Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 get it's last update?

"for windows 10" it's just a marketing tagline added onto a bunch of games in the windows 10 store whe then OS launched to signify it only ran on 0 and not xp, 8or vista. It will run on windows 11, it will run on windows 12 almost certainly and so on and so forth. Minecraft is unlikely to stop updating until doing so becomes unprofitable which shows no sign of being anytime soon
  6. Cove1994 Win User

Unable to lauch Sniper Elite 5

Thanks for the reply

Running Windows 11 with all updates done
Thema:

1. Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update - Similar Threads - Minecraft won't run

2. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  3. Minecraft won't update or load

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't update or load: I have been trying to update minecraft from 1.19 for ages and if I try to play it, the launcher says "launching failed! unable to locate java runtime, error details: 0x00000000. What do I do? I've...
  4. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  5. My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...: Whenever I try to import a skin it won't work, how do I fix this??? 66511f7a-3450-4d55-ba9a-5a463e8b7572
  6. Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?: I was able to before but after an update it's saying use a different account with a namr to it but this is the account I was using is there any way to take it off of the device and put it back on...
  7. Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?: When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while trying to close it I realized my inputs were...
  8. Minecraft for Windows 10 won't run, update, or uninstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 won't run, update, or uninstall: Both Minecraft for Windows 10, which I own, and Roblox are malfunctioning. Neither will update or open and when I try to uninstall them I get error code 0x80073cfa. If I try to update through the...
  9. Minecraft won't run after game pass expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't run after game pass expired: Before I was gifted the week long game pass by a relative, I owned minecraft and played it regulary. Now whenever I try to run the game, it keeps giving me an error code and says I do not own the...
  10. Minecraft won't run in fullscreen mode (Screen Flickering + FPS drop)

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't run in fullscreen mode (Screen Flickering + FPS drop): I need help ***Moved from Windows 10/Performance & System failures*** 67625df1-32c5-46de-b7b9-b11e5f52278f