Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email

Discus and support Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently created an xbox account so I could play minecraft on the PS4, I used the same email as my old mojang account which was later merged into a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jayden Falwasser, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email

I recently created an xbox account so I could play minecraft on the PS4, I used the same email as my old mojang account which was later merged into a microsoft account, and now when i try to log in to my minecraft account it will force me to use the xbox account, even though the old mojang account is still there in the account options dropdown box (third image). Whenever I click my old mojang account it takes me to the Microsoft sign in box, I sign in, and then it welcomes my xbox account and doesnt give any option to use my mojang account (Second image). So now i can't use my old mojang account, and the game is trying to force me to buy minecraft again on my xbox account.

Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email [​IMG]

Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email [​IMG]

:)

Jayden Falwasser, Oct 26, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jayden, the system is doing this because when creating a new account the game is not linked to the new account.

You say you migrated from Mojang to Microsoft, so your game is in that account, and that's the account you have to sign in with

If you would like more information and help, it would be ideal to contact Mojang's customer service.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...
  3. OutLost8906 Win User

My Minecraft/Mojang account is no longer connected to my Microsoft/Xbox account

No, I don’t think my account was hacked I think it might’ve been a bug. Prior to migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft. I’ve never had a Microsoft account. I accidentally used the same Microsoft email address I used to Migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft to create a new Microsoft account. Now it somehow it deleted my old Xbox account that my Minecraft account was linked to.

Now every time when I login into Minecraft it tells me I need to buy the game. I still have the email in my inbox showing that I used the same Microsoft email address to Migrate my Mojang account it you want me to provide that to you.

In the screenshot below is my old Xbox account “” which is connected to my Minecraft account below. The active account “OUTLOSTLOL” is the new account which is the same one that was created with the same email address as the old one. When I look up my old Xbox account “” it shows that it no longer exists. It must’ve somehow gotten deleted when I created a new Microsoft account.

[​IMG]
  4. G1lgameshTTV Win User

Minecraft migration

I purchased the Java version of minecraft from my Mojang account which was created with my email (the same email which is now the primary of my ms and xbox account), and any time I try to go to repurchase it on the Mojang website, it will show as I own it and need to download the launcher
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Duplicate Minecraft accounts

Hi Quinn! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you migrated your Mojang account to a Microsoft account, you can't create a second Mojang account on the same Microsoft account, you can have 2 separate Minecraft account on the same email account only If you have one Java and one Bedrock, but not 2 of the same

So, if you have this situation, is because the Email account you are using is not the correct account to witch you migrated the Mojang account to, or you are not using the Microsoft login option on the launcher
  6. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Yes it is the same account. Infact its the same email. my Mojang account uses the same email as my Microsoft account. This only started happening when Microsoft stated they would be merging accounts with Mojang.

I did the process of merging and now I no longer own minecraft.
Thema:

1. Minecraft won't let me use my mojang account after creating xbox account under same email - Similar Threads - Minecraft won't let

2. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  3. My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mcpe won't let me import any skins and it always says it isn't a Minecraft skin even...: Whenever I try to import a skin it won't work, how do I fix this??? 66511f7a-3450-4d55-ba9a-5a463e8b7572
  4. Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?: I was able to before but after an update it's saying use a different account with a namr to it but this is the account I was using is there any way to take it off of the device and put it back on...
  5. Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft let me close a pop-up ad?: When trying to play minecraft today, the game gave me a pop-up for a new years sale with indicators saying "B to close" or " A to close" but while trying to close it I realized my inputs were...
  6. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  7. My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...: A little while ago for seemingly no reason my Minecraft launcher decided to log me out. I then tried to log back in and it sits on the loading screen for 30 seconds to around 2 minutes. then gives...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock won't let me sign in. Claims I have an account already connected (I don't)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock won't let me sign in. Claims I have an account already connected (I don't): I've had this issue for years and nothing has ever ever helped. When trying to sign in it says "oops! Looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected...
  9. Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me change my skin on Minecraft Java?: Every time I click "use" on a skin I uploaded to Minecraft, it gives me a little message in the corner that says "Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong..." I've tried uninstalling the launcher...
  10. Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me sign in to my Minecraft on my phone? Please help me.: I am trying to log into Minecraft but it won't let me. I am on mobile Minecraft and I have a account it is Tony Call. It says Drowned and I resetted my phone and even delete app and redownload it....