Minecraft Update October 5 deleted all my world saves

Discus and support Minecraft Update October 5 deleted all my world saves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After updating to the newest version of the game every world save for the past 2 years has been deleted... the world I played on through the pandemic... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BattierOrange90, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Minecraft Update October 5 deleted all my world saves

After updating to the newest version of the game every world save for the past 2 years has been deleted... the world I played on through the pandemic just gone

How can I go about fixing this?

I tried unstalling and re downloading... tried clearing local save data... neither worked.

Thanks in advance

:)

BattierOrange90, Oct 6, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft Xbox One world lost

You might be lucky, that the cloud save hasn't been updated with the crashed world yet.

In that case, try the following:

Go to the Minecraft tile in "My Games and Apps", and press the Menu button. Choose to manage the game.

WARNING! The following steps will delete the local save storage! If the other worlds haven't been synced with the cloud, your saves will be gone!!!

So if you are willing to take that step, clear the LOCAL save storage of your Minecraft game.

DO NOT choose to delete the games from all consoles (i.e. the cloud storage)!!!

With the local save gone, start Minecraft.

The console will then try to re-sync the local saves from the cloud.

If that worked, you might have a working world from a previous save.

To prevent such things happening in the future, consider backing up your worlds regularly with these instructions: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034754912-Backing-up-Minecraft-worlds-
  3. PMichielin Win User

Unable to do Microsoft Sign in on Minecraft for PS4

Hi, if you still have this issue, I was finally able to fix mine by doing the following:

- Press PS button to go to main Playstation screen, outside Minecraft.

- Then go to settings (PS settings. The briefcase icon)

- Go to storage

- Click on Saved data

- If Minecraft is running it will warn you that Minecraft will be shut down. Click ok, No problem.

- Select Minecraft

- Select “Saved Data”

- Delete all files in there that are not named just Minecraft. (The files named Minecraft are your saved worlds/realms, so don't delete those)

Once deleted just launch Minecraft again. Mine took around 5 mins to start, probably downloading updates that we just deleted, but once it started I got an option to sign in with Microsoft account, got that code to go to aka.ms/remoteconnect and this time
    it worked.
  4. Shoaib Hussain1 Win User

Minecraft October 5 update corrupted my worlds

Xbox already backs up everything automatically and honestly, doesn't even give you an option of backing it up. Apart from saving your game before quitting Many people, including me, have complained that this update has corrupted their worlds. please fix this issue! It will just lead to you guys losing valuable customers'
  5. Geri M. Win User

Minecraft October 5 update corrupted my worlds

Hi Raphael Cervantes,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you are having an issue with your Minecraft worlds. As per description, it corrupted after the update and you are unable to access it anymore. Minecraft worlds are at risk of being lost. That is why Mojang support recommends to back up your worlds from time to time. We suggest reaching out to the Mojang support team for more information and support on corrupt worlds.

We hope this information helps!

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. supermm Win User

Can’t unlink PSN from Microsoft account on Minecraft

A solution out another topic.

1. Go to the PS4 settings menu

2. Select 'Application Saved Data Management'.

3. Select 'Saved Data in System Storage'

4. Select DELETE

5. Select Minecraft

6. Delete the SAVED DATA files. (There were two on my system). You don't need to touch your World designs.

Once the files are deleted reload Minecraft.

The game will start as if for the first time.

Follow the setup instructions for Microsoft account login.
Thema:

Minecraft Update October 5 deleted all my world saves

1. Minecraft Update October 5 deleted all my world saves - Similar Threads - Minecraft Update October

2. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  3. Minecraft won't update or load

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't update or load: I have been trying to update minecraft from 1.19 for ages and if I try to play it, the launcher says "launching failed! unable to locate java runtime, error details: 0x00000000. What do I do? I've...
  4. why cant i update minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i update minecraft bedrock: i cant update mc bedrock it keeps saying something happend on microsofts end ive tried multiple things but it just wont work ce3bbba7-648b-4f1a-8d09-8c4026e617fe
  5. Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client: First message: Your Realm will soon be updated. You will need an update too. Check for game update now? Check Store -> I clicked Get updates and none exist for Minecraft for Windows (bedrock)...
  6. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  7. Minecraft bedrock won't update to 1.20.50 I've tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock won't update to 1.20.50 I've tried everything: I'm trying to play with some friends on bedrock edition and it's saying I'm on an outdated client I'm still on 1.20.41 they are on 1.20.50 and I've tried checking for updates it won't work and...
  8. My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11: I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have already tried everything that I could google...
  9. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  10. Unable to update Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update Minecraft for windows: My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an...