Minecraft update install freezes and I cannot pause or stop it.

Discus and support Minecraft update install freezes and I cannot pause or stop it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The new minecraft update completely bricks my harddrive for days at a time. I can't cancel or pause it so i can't test to see if any other games are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blorpobaggins, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Minecraft update install freezes and I cannot pause or stop it.

The new minecraft update completely bricks my harddrive for days at a time.
    I can't cancel or pause it so i can't test to see if any other games are breaking.

It keeps stopping at 4mb or goes to 91 percent before not working at all.

I have done the following
    Reset console

Restarted router

checked for updates

installed to another drive

checked for console updates (most recent was on the 7th im curious if that has something to do with it)

I have heard a lot of issues have been going on with the new update such as people losing whole worlds and many other issues.

I can't get a live chat with microsoft at all anymore so im asking here
    I play on the xbox one X

:)

Blorpobaggins, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Hello Blorpobaggins,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description you posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein even after resetting your console and restarting your router you are still unable to pause or stop the installation of the Minecraft update. So now you to know how to contact our Xbox live support team.

By the way, you can contact our Xbox live support team by following the steps provided down below:

Here's how:

1. Click on this link first: Contact us | Xbox Support

2. Now select Contact Us.

[​IMG]

3. Then fill out all of the information that fits your current concern and select next.
    [​IMG]

.4. Now click on See contact options.

5. After that select Skip. Then click on Request a call

[​IMG]

Hope this help,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. SIMPLEX0309 Win User

Scientific Atlanta explorer 8300hdc SETUP COMMAND

Thanks studbucket33 that fixed that issue. How do I stop the freezing and pausing
  4. Rottwurm Killer Win User

minecraft xbox freeze

I deleted the apps on facebook. My xbox still freeze.

The console sometimes freezes at games like skyrim. But thats normal.

If I press y, the pause screen freeze and the minecraft music stopps.
  5. BraveChampion48 Win User

Minecraft not updating Xbox One S All-Digital

I understood, but is there any way to fix the update freeze? I tried the powercycle, but do you think I should try changing the location? Or change Primary and secondary DNS?

And also, the installation stops constantly after exactly 10 minutes. Even the title of Minecraft in the error message is titled as "%2" instead of "Minecraft".
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Can’t install games or update games

* stop the download

* delete what was installed

* take your xbox offline & try to install the disc based game.

Sometimes there are automatic updates that will pause the install for some reason.
Thema:

1. Minecraft update install freezes and I cannot pause or stop it. - Similar Threads - Minecraft update install

2. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  3. Minecraft won't update or load

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft won't update or load: I have been trying to update minecraft from 1.19 for ages and if I try to play it, the launcher says "launching failed! unable to locate java runtime, error details: 0x00000000. What do I do? I've...
  4. why cant i update minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i update minecraft bedrock: i cant update mc bedrock it keeps saying something happend on microsofts end ive tried multiple things but it just wont work ce3bbba7-648b-4f1a-8d09-8c4026e617fe
  5. Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client: First message: Your Realm will soon be updated. You will need an update too. Check for game update now? Check Store -> I clicked Get updates and none exist for Minecraft for Windows (bedrock)...
  6. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  7. Minecraft bedrock won't update to 1.20.50 I've tried everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock won't update to 1.20.50 I've tried everything: I'm trying to play with some friends on bedrock edition and it's saying I'm on an outdated client I'm still on 1.20.41 they are on 1.20.50 and I've tried checking for updates it won't work and...
  8. My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11: I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have already tried everything that I could google...
  9. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  10. Unable to update Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update Minecraft for windows: My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an...