Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices

Discus and support Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having a problem with connecting to LAN games on minecraft bedrock edition recently. When joining a friend's world under the same wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ron0studios, Apr 17, 2022.

1. ron0studios
    ron0studios Guest

I have been having a problem with connecting to LAN games on minecraft bedrock edition recently.

When joining a friend's world under the same wifi connection, an "unable to connect to world" error pops up. The same is true vice versa.

However, this issue only occurs when one of the two players uses a samsung device weirdly enough. If I try to join a world hosted by a samsung device, I am unable to connect, or if I have a samsung device, I cannot connect.

I have tested this on two separate samsung devices, one a phone and the other a tablet, and for both cases the issue is still prevalent, however everything runs smoothly on my huawei honor 9 lite.

I found that the required permission for contacts and file storage is turned off when running minecraft, so I turned them back on, but the game still doesn't work online. We both run the same minecraft version.
    Given the previous fact, perhaps there's some setting or permission that has been left turned off or is automatically turned off? Is this a security measure on samsung's part? Any help would be appreciated!

:)

ron0studios, Apr 17, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Awesome! No worries my friend, anytime.

Actually, just make sure you're connected to the same network you're using your other devices as well. Apart from that, actually, there isn't any on your Samsung device. Because the same game and the same in-game settings I believe are the same on both your devices.
  4. ron0studios Win User

I will report this to the minecraft support center soon, thanks!
    I do have a question though. I know that there is no samsung-specific setting, but are there any others that I should try?
  5. ron0studios Win User

yes it is very confusing indeed. It works fine between a huawei honor 9 lite and the windows 10 edition, but not anywhere else.
    I have tried reinstalling the game already :(
    I turned on my permission for contacts and file storage. Are there any other settings that I could turn on, or security features I could turn off? I don't think it has to be anything samsung-specific.
    Thanks again!
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey ron0studios, how are you today? Hope you're well.

ron0studios, indeed, it's quite curious that this isn't working only on Samsung devices!

Have you tried to reinstall the game on the devices?

Because, there isn't any different setting to activate only on the Samsung devices. :/
Thema:

1. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices - Similar Threads - Minecraft unable connect

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  4. Minecraft Java unable to be verified

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Java unable to be verified: I have minecraft on Xbox Gamepass, i've downloaded it and the launcher, when i click play i have to create a username but when i do i get an error saying i need to be signed in with the same...
  5. Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect: Hi there I have a minecraft server where one of the memeber is unable to join he has tried on 3 seperate devices but still receives the error message saying unable to join the world does anyone...
  6. Unable to get my hacked account back (minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get my hacked account back (minecraft): Hello everyone, I really need help to get my Minecraft account that was hacked a year ago back. The hacker compromised my Microsoft account and changed all the security information. I’ve contacted...
  7. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  8. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...
  9. I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock: So I've been having a problem for about a month now where I can't join any Minecraft Bedrock featured servers such as Cubecraft and The Hive. Sometimes it lets me join, but most times it says...
  10. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.: Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset client. Help! Students can't join each others...