Minecraft "Unable to connect to world" (Nintendo Switch/Windows 10/Xbox)

Discus and support Minecraft "Unable to connect to world" (Nintendo Switch/Windows 10/Xbox) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This is less of a question and more of a guide. For anybody having the "Unable to connect to world" on the Nintendo Switch or the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Katten_Hanna, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Katten_Hanna
    Katten_Hanna Guest

Hi everyone,

This is less of a question and more of a guide.

For anybody having the "Unable to connect to world" on the Nintendo Switch or the Windows 10 version, there is one thing that you can try that worked for me.

If you own a realms subscription and you are trying to log into your own (or a friend's) realm on another platform:

1. Go to the console/computer that you can log into.
    2. Go to the the realm settings, then to "Members" and look for the "Share Link" button.
    3. Click on the "Share Link" button and copy down the last part of the link (e.g. highlighted in bold ->>> realms.gg/abcxyzabc-1)
    4. Launch Minecraft on the console/computer you are having trouble logging in with.
    5. Click "Play"
    6. Click "Friends"
    7. Click "Join Realm"
    8. Enter the code you copied earlier
    9. Enjoy.

This method may also work for trying to join friends realms, but I was only having trouble joining my own realm on another platform. In my case I created the realm on the
    Nintendo Switch and wanted to log into my
    Windows 10 Edition. The realm was showing in my list but I got the
    "Unable to connect to world" error when I tried to join. Following the above steps may fix this for you.

I hope some people find this helpful.

~Hanna~

:)

Katten_Hanna, Jul 10, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

"Unable to connect to world Minecraft" Windows 10/Nintendo Switch Edition

Hey Xenomegames

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this up on the Xbox Forums.

This seem to be a connectivity issue, have you or your friend had any changes in your network since the last time both of you were able to hop onto your worlds together?

I would like you to verify your
    NAT type
    . This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    2. Select Settings > Network.
    3. Under Network status, check the NAT type.
    You are aiming for an "Open" NAT type on your end, while your buddy might want to test his network connection on his console, as "Type 1" connection would be ideal for both of you to connect.

Go ahead and verify this for us an we should be able to assist you further.
  3. E4E Lazy Friend Win User

I have the same problem... only my world is on the switch hand-held and my sister is on my xbox one... my xbox ones status is the following

IP4V

NAT TYPE: Moderate

UPnP not successful

My friend who has worse internet can join but my sister, who is in my room on my xbox, cant... TT-TT
  4. Xenomegames Win User

Thank you for responding !

We did a connection test on his console and it says : NAT type : B

For me it says : NAT type : Open

What do I need to do for him to get a 'Type 1' connexion ?
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create
    a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Xenomegames,

Thanks for your reply! As this is an Xbox forum, the more detailed information on networking issues for the Nintendo Switch would not be information we directly have. We do have the following article available for help with Minecraft on the Switch: Minecraft
    for Nintendo Switch FAQ

If your networking connection on the Xbox platform are working very well, but you're unsure about the network settings for your friend's Nintendo Switch, and would like further information and/or assistance with the issue, we recommend contacting Nintendo
    directly.

Contact Nintendo Customer Support

I hope that this helps a bit more!
Thema:

1. Minecraft "Unable to connect to world" (Nintendo Switch/Windows 10/Xbox) - Similar Threads - Minecraft Unable connect

2. Minecraft Java unable to be verified

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Java unable to be verified: I have minecraft on Xbox Gamepass, i've downloaded it and the launcher, when i click play i have to create a username but when i do i get an error saying i need to be signed in with the same...
  3. Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft server xbox account unable to connect: Hi there I have a minecraft server where one of the memeber is unable to join he has tried on 3 seperate devices but still receives the error message saying unable to join the world does anyone...
  4. Unable to get my hacked account back (minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get my hacked account back (minecraft): Hello everyone, I really need help to get my Minecraft account that was hacked a year ago back. The hacker compromised my Microsoft account and changed all the security information. I’ve contacted...
  5. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  7. Unable to create our first Minecraft world on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to create our first Minecraft world on Xbox x: Hello. We are setting up our brand new Xbox x series console and have purchased Minecraft and purchased a game pass. We are trying to create our first world in Minecraft and when pressing the...
  8. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...
  9. I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to connect to featured servers on Minecraft Bedrock: So I've been having a problem for about a month now where I can't join any Minecraft Bedrock featured servers such as Cubecraft and The Hive. Sometimes it lets me join, but most times it says...
  10. Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Students can't log into Minecraft Education app, message says unable to connect reset client.: Minecraft Education app downloaded on school Microsoft laptops. Message when logging into Minecraft Education keeps saying unable to connect reset client. Help! Students can't join each others...